Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Cheap Weekday Golfing - Brisbane

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MJD120

MJD120

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

So I have been playing a few cheaper courses in Brisbane to find out which are the best ( I will try some more in the coming weeks) Today I gave Riverlakes Golf course a go - $10 Monday's, So can't really go wrong. The course has some kind of water hazard on every hole, so it can become an expensive round if you aren't too accurate, some of the holes are very short . where you need to hit an 9 iron twice on a dog leg for example. While the fairways were in decent condition, the Green's were in shocking condition. Like pitching your shots on a beach covered in bird crap. The course certainly has some potential though, so I will give it another chance in the future. Victoria park Golf complex cheap tuesday's are $13.50 for 18 holes. The course is very convenient for me so it wins points for that. The course is in pretty good condition, and its hilly nature keeps things interesting. Unfortunately it is lacking in space so the course sort of runs out of steam after a fabulous 15th (I think). The last few holes are pretty non descript par 3's of which there are too many on the course. But it does have a few very nice hole's and the greens are in pretty good shape whilst the fairways are decently manicured. Howeston golf course $16.50 a round on weekdays. A 27 hole course mean's that you can keep the course fresh by having different combinations every week. There is some water hazards, but the fairways are quite wide and forgiving so a good mix of tricky and easier holes. It has a monster 580 metre par 5 with a water hazard in front of the green which will keep even the best of players in check. The fairways whilst not pretty looking are decent to play off and the greens run the best of the 4 I have reviewed so far. Whilst it has a couple of non descript holes it also has some fantastic hole's. Particularly a couple of par 3's over water at 170 metres ish. I will happily play this course every week. Wolston golf course I believe I paid $16 for a round through this site. Whilst next door to a seemingly superior course, I was quite impressed when I arrived at the course as it looked pretty decent. The two highlights for me were the kangaroo's that were everywhere on the course and the magnificent first hole, I thought this course may be the biggest bargain ever when I tee'd up, as this hole looks like it could be on any high priced course. After that hole though most of the hole's were rather non descript albeit decent. Like Victoria Park it kind of falls away at the end with some pretty poor par 3's, and I found the green's a touch firm (Had difficulty sticking to them with my pitching). Also suffered being stuck behind some horrendous slow play, which hopefully was just a one off. I will add some more courses as I play them, but so far my list of favourites in order are: 1.Howeston (Birkdale) 2.Victoria Park 3. Wolston and Riverlakes Riverlakes would easily be 2nd if it sorts the greens situation out

#2 Sandy

Sandy

El Presidente - now PG Rated!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3581 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Also suffered being stuck behind some horrendous slow play, which hopefully was just a one off.

El Presidente

www.gailesgolf.com.au/

Wolston park is no place to be if your in a hurry. I was a member there and played threw the week mostly (before 9 am) and it was always slow. Best time seemed to be after 11am from my 4 years there

#3 MJD120

MJD120

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

So I have played a few more in the last couple of weeks! As I have left it a bit long I can't remember the courses in full so will make quick comments Carbrook A great layout and has some tricky longer holes. This would have been the best $20 spent playing golf, but unfortunately the course and green's were a little dry! I couldn't get any longer iron to stick to the green at all (Maybe my AD333 fault too). Disappointingly no sharks were spotted either. But a great course I would definitely play again even though its a bit of a journey for me! Wynnum. I only played 12 holes. The course appeared to be of the shorter variety overall but this didn't compromise the quality. With some decent bunker placement it really put a premium on control. A nice course if slightly forgettable

#4 MJD120

MJD120

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Would also like to add I played Wolston again today and my opinion has completely changed. I suffered no Slow play and a bit of rain really turned the course around, the green's were in great condition and I had one of the most enjoyable round's I've had. This was helped by the fact I was probably playing the best golf of my life. A highlight being knocking the ball within a metre on the par 3 3rd (176m). Probably the best shot of my life.

#5 Buccaneer

Buccaneer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Played Brookwater last week group of 4 for $48 each 8.30 am hit off. Probably the best value game of golf I have ever paid for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users