12 replies to this topic

#1 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3494 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

any tips on best courses in Merimbula area? also any food/wine tips for the region- certain restaurants etc

#2 thechopper

thechopper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Wonderfull part of NSW. My fav is Tura Beach CC, designed by Peter Thompson, situated on a hill overlooking the ocean, great course, always in good knick. some great holes and with the wind blowing quite qifficult(about 3 klm out of town) Pambula Merimbula is 27 holes and very nice country golf course, with a great variety of holes and heaps of kangeroos Next best are Bermigui Eden Bega As for food very nice restaurants in Merimbula, best being the Thai underneath Wolloies Supermaket, as for the plonk, NFI Enjoy,

#3 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3494 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Cheers chopper

#4 biffnar

biffnar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

mimosa winery in tathra is good too, bega country club is a fun track and tura is great as per choppers post

#5 DGL

DGL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Try Wheelers for a nice dinner, across the road from Merimbula/Pambula golf club.

#6 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3269 posts
  • LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Agree with Chopper re the golf. Very good courses in Merimbula/Tura and just north and south. DGL is right about Wheelers, Santa Fe on Beach St is also good and there's a very good bistro in the Merimbula RSL Club, top of the town. In Pambula there's a hidden gem - the restaurant in the Royal Willows pub. Great part of the world - enjoy yourself. PS: great time of the year to go whale watching( boat tours are available and not overly expensive). I guarantee you'll see plenty of whales.

#7 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3494 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

cheers guys. Looking forward to a well earned rest. Hopefully I can get 2 or 3 rounds in over the week. I'll have to send the missus off to a day spa with a kids playground in it.

#8 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3269 posts
  • LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

cheers guys. Looking forward to a well earned rest. Hopefully I can get 2 or 3 rounds in over the week. I’ll have to send the missus off to a day spa with a kids playground in it.

Or on a whale watching cruise. (probably cheaper as well). Magic Mountain fun park will also keep them amused for 1/2 a day or more.

#9 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3494 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Played tura beach today. My god, nobody mentioned you should not walk that course unless you have been training for the London marathon. I nearly fell over walking up a number of the holes. Pretty good course. No doubt would be easier next time round as many blind style shots. Might play merimbula pambula next as I am tight and don't want to fork out for a cart :) All in all, pleasant course but not overly memorable. Bit bland really. Just my humble uneducated opinion.

#10 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3269 posts
  • LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Pambula /Merimbula is definately an easier walk. They have 27 holes - 10 to 27 are the pick.

#11 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

There is a small public course not far from Eden,they have a small lake,there is a target in the air over the middle off lake ,the balls float,its only a couple bucks but a lot of fun,as for the course,its just a small course(9holes) I think...............1yrd off the fairway and you will never see yr ball again lol

#12 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3484 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Gee its a nice part of the world around there , never played when there last but the mer/pambula club looked . Tura heads i think, also looked inviting.

#13 Buccaneer

Buccaneer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Best course by a mile on the south coast is Narooma, what a gem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users