• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hello Golfers, I´m glad to be here, and to help you in your golf game. You name the area of improvement and I try to do my best to help you with your golf game. You can click on my Profile to know more about me or visit my site at: Loving the Champion Just a quickly resume: PGA of Mexico Class A Golf Instructor Two Times National Champion Played 10 World Cups, 6 in U.S.A., 2 in Europe. Place 1st in more than 40 junior golf tournaments. Ranked 13 worldwide as a junior player. Played several Professional Tours in Mexico and LatinAmerica. Have several junior students placed 1st place on national and international golf tournaments. Feel free to ask! Remember to keep your golf game simple, and Feel it! Sincerely,

#2 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11829 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

Welcome to the forum, Jorge.

#3 aimr75

aimr75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Can you provide some tips on where to improve ? Thanks

#4 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Welcome to the community Jorge. Their are heaps of threads to participate on in this section. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

#5 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Hello Aimr75, Nice swing you have! I like your setup and your backswing! It is on a good plane. Sure you can improve on your downswing, I see that when you make your downswing you have too much movement of your hips, making your downswing plane from the outside to inside, that's with a poor release, makes your shots with a slice or fade generally, but it can also create a bad hook. I sugest that you try to make your downswing first with your arms going down, instead of you hips going first. Watch a Sergio Garcia golf swing on youtube, just to understand what i'm saying, he move his arms down a lot on his downswing. Try making your release much earlier. And the most important thing, keep patience and try it, try it, try it, with good attitude. Keep in touch!

#6 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thank you kindly OldBogey!

#7 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Hello HeadPro, Thank you for your Welcome! My pleasure to be here to learn and to help. Keep in touch.

#8 aimr75

aimr75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hello Aimr75,

Nice swing you have!

I like your setup and your backswing! It is on a good plane.

Sure you can improve on your downswing, I see that when you make your downswing you have too much movement of your hips, making your downswing plane from the outside to inside, that’s with a poor release, makes your shots with a slice or fade generally, but it can also create a bad hook.

I sugest that you try to make your downswing first with your arms going down, instead of you hips going first. Watch a Sergio Garcia golf swing on youtube, just to understand what i’m saying, he move his arms down a lot on his downswing.

Try making your release much earlier.

And the most important thing, keep patience and try it, try it, try it, with good attitude.

Keep in touch!

Keep your Golf Game Simple.

Jorge Gomez
PGA of Mexico Class A Golf Instructor
Author of the golf book Loving the Champion.

thanks for the reply! So with the hands going down, do you mean simply dropping the hands/arms from the top of the backswing so as to come more from the inside on the downswing? I can sort of see what you mean in this vid from about 13sec

#9 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hello Aimr75, Excellent! You got the point! On the Sergio Garcia video that you post, you can see how he starts his downswing dropping his arms first. And again! EXACTLY, you need to come on the downswing from the inside. Good job! Give it a try with faith, confidence and be patience. Keep in touch!

#10 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Jorge, Sergio Garcia start his downswing with his arms first? Interesting according to 3D measurement his swing sequence for the downswing always starts with his lower body initiating the downswing first. His lower body starts accelerating towards the target before his arms complete their backswing and changes direction. Sergio is a float loader and the only way this can occur is by the lower body accelerating first as I described above. Freddy Couples is the same. The top tour players generally have a kinetic link start from the ground up. Their swing sequence is feet, hips, upper body (shoulders), arms and the club. When we tested tour players over the past 25 years they were the findings the sequence they created. It's hard to tell on 2D video any one's swing sequence, we are all just guessing. This is a better view to look at, Sergio is starting with his lower body first in this video. Sergio's Swing face on

#11 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19970 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

popcorn time..

#12 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Zen, this downward movement of the arms is commonly taught amongst coaches, they see it on video of the greats so teach it directly. I have done it myself with poor results as it always seems to lead to more early release, over the top, and scooping. We all know that the sequence starts with the lower body yet teach an upper body change. Is their a better way of teaching this dropping movement if the arms? By the way, where is the over the top move in his swing? Are we measuring it in a new way?

#13 JorgeGomez

JorgeGomez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hello, I agree with you HeadPro. Anyway, I don't need to have the absolut correct answer, in golf opinions, religion and politics, we can talk about hours, and never agree. Good Golfing!

#14 Trickshot239

Trickshot239

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3269 posts
  • LocationQueanbeyan NSW

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hello,

I agree with you HeadPro.
Anyway, I don’t need to have the absolut correct answer, in golf opinions, religion and politics, we can talk about hours, and never agree.

Good Golfing!

Jorge Gomez

Good retort.

#15 xmaggiex

xmaggiex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

I agree with you HeadPro.
Anyway, I don’t need to have the absolut correct answer, in golf opinions, religion and politics, we can talk about hours, and never agree.

Good Golfing!

Jorge Gomez

Good retort.

Runner up (with Mark Gibson), 3 legged race, North Ainslie Primary School athletics carnival, 1966.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users