- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
Is this asking for "Advice"?
Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:52 PM
Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:56 AM
That was my view as well. I didn't think it was any different to saying...."did your ball clip that tree on approach...?" it was more a rhetorical question than a request for information as I saw what the ball did myself and wasn't really asking for advice.
As the movement of the ball was witnessed by others, it is now a matter of public information.
It is similar to asking āDid your ball hit a tree?ā
Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:34 PM
Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:51 PM
but you are allowed to ask for a distance (to the green etc), and that definitely helps determine your next shot too..
If you had to ask then I would say his answer would have helped determine the play of your next stroke ā¦
Iād remind him of rule 1-3 ā¦.
Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:28 AM
Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 AM
Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:56 AM
Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:58 AM
Player A is then entitled under the āpublic informationā clause to offer an opinion to Player B on the break of his putt before he strokes it because after all it is public information not advice.The OP was relating an incident where the break was seen by both players and therefore public information. If there had not been a stroke already, then asking or volunteering information about a possible break would certainly be advice.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users