8 replies to this topic

#1 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I played yesterday on a temporary green in a low lying course, as a result my 100m wedge approach sunk halfway into the very soggy turf! Being a non-club social hacker out for fun, I simply removed the ball from the hole, repaired the crater and placed my ball just to the side of it to putt. Question - if this had happened in a "proper" round, what is the ruling if the ball is plugged on a green? There is no way my putter would have got that out without ripping a huge long trench in the temporary green. That or using a wedge and making an even bigger hole!

#2 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Sorry I hit post before adding the photo:

#3 delicate1

delicate1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

mububban-you are entitled to mark ,lift and repair plug mark on the green as well as any other plug marks on the green , you are also entitled to lift and drop a plugged ball anywhere where the grass is cut to fairway length ,unless you are on the pga tour there you can lift clean and drop a plugged ball through the green

#4 Dulberf

Dulberf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Well on any green you are entitled to mark your ball, fix the pitch mark and replace your ball. You would never have to play out of the plugged lie. You should have replaced the ball on the repaired mark, but other than that you were correct in your process.

#5 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1667 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Cheers guys. Still picking up the rules here and there as I slowly learn the game. I'll join a club or social group once the kids are older and I have more weekend time away.

#6 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13475 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 AM

If you ask at the course you usually play, they should be able to give you a rules book.

#7 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20469 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

If you ask at the course you usually play, they should be able to give you a rules book.

Why pick one up OB? That's just asking for trouble :)

#8 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19310 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Why pick one up OB? That’s just asking for trouble :)

Supreme Putting Champion at the Inaugural 2012 ISG National Championship
Voted player most likely to take out the next after the first ISG National Championship
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Yeah....why get a rule book and look up the rules........we've got's lots of guys here who know the rules and are happy to provide the answers....;-)

#9 Tolmij

Tolmij

Happy Chappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17551 posts
  • LocationSouth of Boganville

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

And it's much more fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users