Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35649 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

time for another lesson dude
B grade has an opening

some people are like clouds, when they do eventually piss off it’s suddenly nice and sunny

hehehe....yeah, probably. But no way is that gonna happen before Sunshine.

#17 golden warrior

golden warrior

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Muzz, youre short game range practice. Grass or mats? Friggin hate mats

at the range (mats)
i will only hit say 10 balls to a 75m target
5 each with 52 & 56. i am pretty dialed in for that range
the 56 is full and the 52 about 80%
no delicate stuff

round the putting green
say 2m or 3m off, little 60 deg chips
pick a landing zone, pop a T in the ground
hit the T the ball goes in
you will be surprised how many you hole
as you drop handicap your short game needs to be ramped up
when you play look at the landing zone not the flag

at home randomly
just before dinner or heading in side i will grab a bucket
3 balls and my 60
put the bucket 12m away
hit the bucket on the full
30 minutes worth

when at the range i always try and finish with at least 30 minutes putting. The boss has told me “putting is 80% of your game”
kiwi

some people are like clouds, when they do eventually piss off it’s suddenly nice and sunny

Wow...........i'll just stick with 2 schooners and tee it up, those days are waaaayyyy past, just can't be stuffed. Rob, it will take at least 6 weeks for the changes show dividends, depending how big the changes were of course. probably got the double whammy with swing thoughts and new track, not the ideal situation. All the best and look forward to seeing how you go.

#18 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ok so 1 hour of doing some thing physically different so not surprised, will be easier next time for you i grab 100 balls takes me about an hour to get rid off them the round the green stuff is more important = bout another hour with your back injuries start with say fitty balls & do the short game 1st as your fitness gets better and you get used to it up the ball numb then try the range balls 1st b4 short game, change it around so you dont get sore too it gets boring but keep doing it and the results will happen mate esp in winter when it's 12 outside and the fire's roaring im at the range

#19 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Muzz, youre short game range practice. Grass or mats? Friggin hate mats

at the range (mats)
i will only hit say 10 balls to a 75m target
5 each with 52 & 56. i am pretty dialed in for that range
the 56 is full and the 52 about 80%
no delicate stuff

round the putting green
say 2m or 3m off, little 60 deg chips
pick a landing zone, pop a T in the ground
hit the T the ball goes in
you will be surprised how many you hole
as you drop handicap your short game needs to be ramped up
when you play look at the landing zone not the flag

at home randomly
just before dinner or heading in side i will grab a bucket
3 balls and my 60
put the bucket 12m away
hit the bucket on the full
30 minutes worth

when at the range i always try and finish with at least 30 minutes putting. The boss has told me “putting is 80% of your game”
kiwi

Wow…........i’ll just stick with 2 schooners and tee it up, those days are waaaayyyy past, just can’t be stuffed.

Rob, it will take at least 6 weeks for the changes show dividends, depending how big the changes were of course. probably got the double whammy with swing thoughts and new track, not the ideal situation.

All the best and look forward to seeing how you go.

gets me out of the house Dean plus i meet my boy friends down the range

#20 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • 39008 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Weetix,
Used to love Asterix and Obelix.
That Geriatrix was a funny dude.
Some excellent names in that series.

Yeah. Introduced them to my 14 year old recently, and he's loving them too. Very creative how they came up with the names - a little 12th maninsh!

#21 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8895 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

time for another lesson dude
B grade has an opening

hehehe….yeah, probably.

But no way is that gonna happen before Sunshine.

Channel Smoldy.
Coming soon to a quality televisual device near you.

Lol we have 3 weeks til sunshine round. Perfect timing for another lesson I think goldy! What's the chances of the same happening twice in a row with the same prep? Rob. Can't offer anything helpful besides comic relief here bud. Will leach instead and my interject with a funny or two.

#22 golden warrior

golden warrior

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Fair enough Muzz, each to their own, i find alot of practice quite detrimental to my game. i like to play once a week with a couple 9 holes mid week if possible. Mind you i used to beat balls when i was very young, used to wear out a set every year. So that's how Stink become a *** then ? hahaha

#23 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

I need to get to the range more. Havent been in about 3 mths

once per week please

I went to the range once. Saw you there I think. Rob, I reckon people might be overthinking things. Notice it with GG as well. You've got a decent natural game. But you're not going to do to well when your mind is going a million miles an hour, despite what it's thinking off. I find whenever I'm thinking too much my game goes to pot. When I'm too angry... I get worse. Once I clear my head, game improves. When I'm too happy and get ahead of myself and start thinking about scores, I get lazy and don't stick to basics. It's golf. Practice is for practice. Once you've done it enough, it becomes 'natural'. Until then, play the game you know.

#24 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Fair enough Muzz,
each to their own, i find alot of practice quite detrimental to my game. i like to play once a week with a couple 9 holes mid week if possible. Mind you i used to beat balls when i was very young, used to wear out a set every year.

So that’s how Stink become a *** then ? hahaha

i only range it in winter play about 14 holes fri nights you know 3 or 5 balls per hole then comp on sunday i aint no GCG'er stink was born a ***

#25 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

I need to get to the range more. Havent been in about 3 mths

once per week please

I went to the range once. Saw you there I think.

Rob, I reckon people might be overthinking things. Notice it with GG as well. You’ve got a decent natural game. But you’re not going to do to well when your mind is going a million miles an hour, despite what it’s thinking off.

I find whenever I’m thinking too much my game goes to pot. When I’m too angry… I get worse. Once I clear my head, game improves. When I’m too happy and get ahead of myself and start thinking about scores, I get lazy and don’t stick to basics.

It’s golf. Practice is for practice. Once you’ve done it enough, it becomes ‘natural’. Until then, play the game you know.

There can be only one…. Smoldy
(Shout out to Smergerland and Smerbbo)
Golfing Odyssey has begun…
OOMBET – Returning for OOM #4 – Stay tuned.
VTTP #008
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

the range for me is specific drills. the drills are dictated from how my swing is traveling after lessons. couldnt really be arsed going there with no sort of structure, as smergs said just play, how you get there is different for all

#26 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 35649 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

i grab 100 balls

What if I can't find 50 mates?

#27 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

i grab 100 balls

What if I can’t find 50 mates?

100 eunuchs

#28 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 35649 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Vienna boys choir.

#29 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23704 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Vienna boys choir.

isnt that an ice cream??

#30 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10294 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Smergs, i think you hit the nail on the head. When i get frustrated, i start thinking, then it gets sloppy and i get angry. Hopefully i can get to the course again today just chill and play 9 holes with the missus caddying. Hopefully, it takes the pressure of and it goes well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users