Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Spikeless golf shoes

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 kym1387

kym1387

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Thinking of getting my self a pair spikeless shoes, any one out the could give me some feedback on what brands are good from personal experience.. cheers

#2 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Be interesting to hear the reports. A few out there, Ecco, adidas adicross, footjoy contour casuals and puma have realeased some too.

#3 wolfe

wolfe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thinking of getting my self a pair spikeless shoes, any one out the could give me some feedback on what brands are good from personal experience..
cheers

TaylorMade R9 Driver
Taylormade Burner 3 Wood
Taylormade V-Steel 5 wood
Cleveland CG16 irons
Cleveland 51 wedge
Titlist 54 wedge
Ben Hogan Carnoustie sand wedge
Putter Odyessy White Hot Tour 1

I've got Footjoy Contour Casuals and can't speak highly enough of them. I usually play 2 x 18 holes per week and they are just so comfortable. I've tried spiked shoes from Adidas, Nike and Footjoy, and where Footjoy spikes rated highly for comfort, the spikeless contour casuals are the duck's guts by far. Been using them for a few months now, highly satisfied despite having "strange" feet (slightly different sizes) and no longer experience any problems at all.

#4 kym1387

kym1387

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

I have been looking at Footjoy Contour Casuals they look good and good to get the feedback they are very comfortable as well..My feet get very sore after a round so hopefully these help. Thanks Wolfe :)

#5 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3597 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I think spikeless golf shoes defeat the purpose. Save yourself the money from buying "golf specific" spikeless shoes. Grab yourself a pair of cheap joggers from K-Mart.

#6 STING

STING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

I think spikeless golf shoes defeat the purpose. Save yourself the money from buying “golf specific” spikeless shoes. Grab yourself a pair of cheap joggers from K-Mart.

but do you still get the same amount of traction? I've used joggers at the range and slip and slide all over the place. Haven't used spikeless golf shoes but I would imagine the traction would be a lot better.

#7 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3597 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think spikeless golf shoes defeat the purpose. Save yourself the money from buying “golf specific” spikeless shoes. Grab yourself a pair of cheap joggers from K-Mart.

but do you still get the same amount of traction? I’ve used joggers at the range and slip and slide all over the place. Haven’t used spikeless golf shoes but I would imagine the traction would be a lot better.

I reckon A-Mart All Sport would have ripple soled touch footy shoes at a much cheaper price than "golf specific" spikeless shoes. Just my .02.

#8 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

The one thing non specific golf joggers won't give is waterproofing. I use to use Asics Tiger Touch shoes and just on a morning dew outing you would have saturated feet.

#9 gonzo1043

gonzo1043

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Asics make a range of turf/grass sports specific shoes, and their "Gel Lethal Elite 4" model looks ideal for golf. These have the rubber pimple soles like many other "spikeless" golf shoes, combined with the support and comfort of well-made running shoes. But - how do I get them accepted by the fashion police at those golf clubs that insist on banning "joggers or trainers"?

#10 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4110 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Adidas CrossFlex are compfy, light and waterproof. They are also inexpensive, $90 a pair. They are ideal for players who have orthotics as they don't come with arch supports. Sergio threw his into the gallery after his round on the final day of the Ryder Cup, but he took out his inserts beforehand.

#11 wolfe

wolfe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

kym1387 No doubt there are a lot of suitable "spikeless" soles on the market these days and also no doubt some of them would suit some people better than others for a variety of reasons, be it feet problems, finances, or whatever. The reason I chose mine was for comfort and combined with the fact that they are leather, good looking (for me at least) and I don't get wet feet after the early morning sprinklers and dew, they do the job admirably. They cost me about $145-$155 at Golf Box in Perth. I tried the cheap joggers routine, failure all round, (and I'm not prepared to spend up to $200 or more for plastic and fabric "good" joggers), I tried the spiked shoes and got pretty good results from Footjoys and still have them but personally I get better results for me from the Contour Casuals. I'm not a shareholder in either Footjoy or Golf Box but you asked for an experienced opinion so there it is :) For what it's worth, I do wonder about the longevity of the dimples on the sole and I think the good leather shoe body would undoubtedly outlast the sole particularly if they were worn on hard surfaces a lot so there is some food for thought. Everyone is different, same with clubs, bags, buggies etc, so go along and try some different brands out in the shop and see if they are fit for YOUR purpose....you will be wearing them and paying for them :)

#12 Dangals

Dangals

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Adidas CrossFlex are compfy, light and waterproof. They are also inexpensive, $90 a pair.

+1 vote for the crossflex shoes - got a pair recently and wished I had bought more but all my local stores have sold out of my size already. Really light and extremely comfortable as well.

#13 SCMS

SCMS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I've recently got a pair of Ashworth Cardiff spikeless shoes. First round was 36 holes of rainy weather, no slippage issues at all and these shoes come with 2 year waterproof guarantee. The only thing if I was being picky, is that the stability on the sides of the shoes may be a little less than 'normal' shoes...maybe. Another bonus is they look good enough to wear out or in my case, wear to the office before going straight to a round :)

#14 kym1387

kym1387

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

I just purchased a pair of Ashworth Cardiff spikeless shoes today from 3balls and looking forward to wearing them..

#15 wuza09

wuza09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have 2 pairs of Reebok golf shoes and really good value for money These are spikeless and very comfortable on the feet. Well worth having a look at you may be very surprised at the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users