302 replies to this topic

#1 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

A bit about myself first. My father introduced me to golf when i was about 13 years old. We played alot of courses including all the boarder courses. I was a junior member at Goonawarra in the Melbourne suburb of Sunbury. By the time i was 16 i played off a handicap of 9 and i have broke 80 on only one occasion. To cut a long story short i gave the game away when i was 18 and did not hit a ball untill i was about 23 maybe 25. I have recently been a member at Eynesbury and Bacchus Marsh and now joined at sunshine golf club. 12 months ago i struggled on a handicap of 29 and almost gave it away again. However i set myself a goal of 18 and i now play off 17.............. To be continued.........

#2 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Had my first 9 holes at sunshine today and wow i will be very happy there . Found myself in a few bunkers had a Birdie on #3 and finished with 44 for the front nine. playing tomorrow with ghetto hopefully play the whole 18. some very good birdie chances on the front. Looking forward to the back nine playing monthly medal sat so i will play it this week anyway .

#3 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38779 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Look forward to hearing all about it Acca.

#4 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8836 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

44 off the front today? Watch out sunshine GC! Look forward to the round tomorrow mate. Back 9 is interesting as well. You should like it here.

#5 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Played the back nine at sunshine for the first time today with a lazy 45. I need work on my irons 5,6 and 7 irons as i find myself topping slicing hooking all of the above. because if you can get those irons on song at sunshine youll find yourself with plenty of birdie chances as i have the last 2 days only to have a long putt for the bird. I find sunshine a very short course compared to eynesbury and even bacchus marsh.witch suits my game to a (tee ) lol The 380 mtr 17th is the only par 4 i struggled to make it in 2 gotta love that. Makes me wonder why i left it so long to be honest ..

#6 golden warrior

golden warrior

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Good luck with the journey ACCA, my best tip is to disregard everything that Ghetto golfer ever says..........he is a chopper lol. look forward to meeting you at Sunshine OOM day

#7 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8836 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Good luck with the journey ACCA, my best tip is to disregard everything that Ghetto golfer ever says….......he is a chopper lol.

look forward to meeting you at Sunshine OOM day

Never a truer word written. At least I'm a legitimate chopper and have te handicap to prove it.

#8 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Lol can not wait for sunshine oom i have missed alot of i seek days through work etc and i intend on playing alot more with this fine group of gentleman not to mention the fine dribble that gets spoken by stinks and goldy and co he he he .....

#9 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Played my first comp today. Monthly Medal off the blues and i must say what a difference. had a 45 on the front and on the back i had a 49. 94 gross 77 net. The wind and rain started on the 10th as soon as we hit off witch almost added a shot a hole. i did however play with 2 very nice blokes and had a ball considering . good luck tomorrow guys you,ll need it if its like today .

#10 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Played comp today 39 points 86 off the stick . my mid irons are improving as i get to use them more often at Sunshine. I had 42 on the front and 44 on the back. Played to a 14 handicap. Driver was a bit up and down so looking forward to getting my new Taylormade Rbz.

#11 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8836 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

What time did you tee off acca? Should org to play a round together buddy. Good score. Perfect conditions today.

#12 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

941 is my tues time mate michael ramsay next 3 i think

#13 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

just looked for next tues mate i am still on my own 941 am put yourself in with me would love a game ..

#14 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8836 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

booked *****. Bring your panties girly boy.

#15 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

lol pink ones ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users