Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:49 AM
Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:23 AM
Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:18 AM
Out of interest, can you change caddies during a round?
If the player has a caddie he’s not allowed to have anyone else giving him advice.
The player is correct that he can’t be penalised for recieving advice he hasn’t asked for (e.g. a guy in the crowd shouting “hit a 5-iron), but if it continues the player should do his best to stop it.
This case is different.
It certainly seems to me that the player is trying to circumvent the Rules by bringing the friend with him and by taking him onto the putting green as well. He doesn’t ask this friend but he doesn’t stop the advice from coming.
The player is breaching Rule 8-1 on advice, and he is doing in a manner that in my opinion could warrant a disqualification under Rule 33-7.
It could also be said to a breach of Rule 6-4 on caddies, but this is a deliberate act during the entire round, and 4 penalty strokes for that would be wrong IMO
Hit it where they mow
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users