Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2013
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson and 18 holes- Brisbane 31 Jan 2014
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson- Brisbane 31 Dec 2013
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 2 @$20 inc post 30 Dec 2013
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Ball when lifted accidently dropped
Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:58 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:07 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:15 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:19 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:23 AM
As it was presumably at rest for a second or two and the player did not cause it to move, then it must be played as it lies.
Also if a ball is “tee’d” up on a tuft of grass – taking preferred lie, and it subsequently moves before player either addresses it or takes stance, can it be “re-tee’d” without penalty, or must it be played where it lies?
Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:46 PM
Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:26 AM
Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:17 AM
I have always believed it should have been lift - clean and DROP lift and clean and place is wrong and goes against what the game is all about (hey just an opinion though)
A ball incorrectly substituted, dropped or placed in a wrong place or otherwise not in accordance with the Rules but not played may be lifted, without penalty, and the player must then proceed correctly.
That said, it seems strange to have to drop a ball if preferred lies are in play. The general method is lift, clean and place.
Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:53 PM
Can you then take another preferred lie? That depends on the actual local rule. If it’s as per the specimen, then no.I doubt the RBs would authorise such a modification to the wording. 'You made your bed so lie in it' is pretty fundamental to any situation where you place a ball. You can't have second bite at the cherry just because you didn't like it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users