- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Easter promotions - Pelican Waters Golf Club 19 Apr 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
Ball when lifted accidently dropped
Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:58 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:07 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:15 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:19 AM
Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:23 AM
As it was presumably at rest for a second or two and the player did not cause it to move, then it must be played as it lies.
Also if a ball is â€śteeâ€™dâ€ť up on a tuft of grass â€“ taking preferred lie, and it subsequently moves before player either addresses it or takes stance, can it be â€śre-teeâ€™dâ€ť without penalty, or must it be played where it lies?
Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:46 PM
Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:26 AM
Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:17 AM
I have always believed it should have been lift - clean and DROP lift and clean and place is wrong and goes against what the game is all about (hey just an opinion though)
A ball incorrectly substituted, dropped or placed in a wrong place or otherwise not in accordance with the Rules but not played may be lifted, without penalty, and the player must then proceed correctly.
That said, it seems strange to have to drop a ball if preferred lies are in play. The general method is lift, clean and place.
Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:53 PM
Can you then take another preferred lie? That depends on the actual local rule. If itâ€™s as per the specimen, then no.I doubt the RBs would authorise such a modification to the wording. 'You made your bed so lie in it' is pretty fundamental to any situation where you place a ball. You can't have second bite at the cherry just because you didn't like it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users