Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson and 18 holes- Brisbane 31 Jan 2014
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson- Brisbane 31 Dec 2013
- Mercure Palm Meadows Ladies Amateur Cup 9 Dec 2013
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 2 @$20 inc post 30 Dec 2013
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Kooyonga - Adelaide, thoughts/tips?
Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:19 AM
Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:09 PM
Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:27 PM
Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:45 PM
Wow, you are feeling very negative. Kooyonga I can agree upon to a point, they need to work out what they want to be, have a masterplan from 1 architect and stick to it. RA about the same as Kooyonga in regard to masterplan, go with Claytons work on 17 or return to course pre Australian Open Thomson modifications. Glenelg very strange, it is certainly polarising because it is different but you might need to elaborate on what "very strange" exactly means.
hit it down the middle and go for middle of the greens.
Thats really all there is to Kooyonga. Perhaps sligtly unfair but the old girl isnt what she used to be . Some really silly crap out the back that is new, not sure what they will do with that.
Alas RA isnt much better these days, and Glenelg is very strange. Grange is the pick at the moment
Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:44 AM
Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:53 AM
Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:57 PM
Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:34 AM
Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:42 PM
Was a litle deceptive distance wise, I thought the hill was further away but was actually quite reachable. I pushed my drive to the last bit of fairway on the right, below the hill and next to second cut. I had a quick run up the hill to look where the flag was, never spotted the pond. Walking up to where my second shot landed I discovered the pond :D And with a silly shot managed to roll it back in.
“The 17th was interesting”
Interesting is one description –
Could you get over the hill with your drive so that you could see the pond next to the green?
Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:38 AM
Only if you are a short driver. Most decent players reach the crest of the hill at least. I do agree hidden water hazards are not a great feature. Aside from that, the problem with the lake is it is out of character from the remainder of the course. I guess you probably wouldn't like hidden bunkers either on some of the great links courses.
Not really Northerner. You have to climb the hill everytime to get a line so you can determine the edge of the lake compared to where you are in the fairway. It’s a dog.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:58 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users