- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Jun 2015
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Jun 2015
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 May 2015
- Golf - Club Barham 30 May 2015
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 May 2015
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 May 2015
- Secret Harbour Golf Links (2 for $39 walking) 31 May 2015
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 May 2015
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 4 @$40 inc post 31 Dec 2015
- The Cut Golf Course - $99 (Save 0%) (WAS $99.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Dress code applies
- Churchill Park Golf Club - $20 (Save 0%) (WAS $20.0) 18 Holes Walking
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Monday - Thursday Special Includes Shared Cart with Visage Touch Screen GPS Dress Code applies NO BYO
- Coplick's Tallebudgera Golf Course - $20 (Save 25%) (WAS $27.0) 18 Holes Walking $10 extra for single player in cart. (paid at clubhouse)
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $39 (Save 40%) (WAS $65.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart Back 9 Floodlit! - Players can finish under lights from 5.30pm
- Avalon Public Golf Course - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0) 18 Holes Walking no motorised carts available. pull buggies only
- Riverside Oaks Golf Resort - $70 (Save 20%) (WAS $88.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:17 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:14 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:18 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:20 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:46 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:14 AM
I think Eddie Merckx would be rated the greatest athlete of all time in cycling circles. Lance trained only for le tour, did not do much else. This is the reason he ranks low in my all time greats. I have never been a big fan of Lance but feel for the guy. He was a drug cheat but so was every other rider in that era. Why single him out. It would seem he has ruffled someones feathers.
We may not know one way or another for years, maybe decades, until testing is conclusive. But it appears to me a guilty, and since there is no actual way you can prove yourself innocent, guilty. It’s been review after review for over a decade. So I can understand if he’s decided that even if he doesn’t lose this one they will immediately launch another and another and another.
He may very well have done it – just the ability to beat people who are known cheats is suggestive – but how many times are various authorities allowed to prosecute the same thing over and over. If they came out with irrefutable evidence then go for it. But it seems more like they have evidence that is indicative and they are going to keep prosecuting it over and over until he’s dead.
In a way I now almost hope he did it because it would be an absolute ******* tragedy if one of the greatest athletes of all time was stripped of everything because of an endless witch hunt based on “He must have mustn’t he? Surely nobody could do what he did naturally?”
Starting 2012 on unofficial 17, target 12 then single figures
Member of the South East Queensland Golf Group
LEARN then PERFORM – Geoff Mangum
Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:37 AM
Unless the USADA produces their irrefutable evidence there is no way he will be stripped of the titles and I doubt Cadel would be to happy about being the "moral " winner. To be honest I think the biggest losers in this will be the USADA because of their attitude and their constant refusal to say what the evidence is and when it occured their credability comes into question.
well if he is stripped of his tour de france achievements its a good thing for Australia and cadel Evens
cadel could be the moral winner out of this all
as in 2005 he finished 8th every rider from 7 th place to 2nd place have all been stripped of there standings in the 2005 tour only one that hasnt been stripped is lance armstrong.
if that changes well worse case for cadel is seconfd and cadell comes out the moral winner of 2005
Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:47 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 AM
I'm not saying Merckx was clean, I doubt many are or have been. I'm saying Merckx is the greatest athlete of all time when talking cycling and if we are talking winning records Lance is along way down the list.
I bet Merckx wasnt clean. I have mates who raced amateurs in italy and france and doping was rife, my pro mates have even better stories of the prevalence of doping, obe of them has even been publicly implicated but never tested positive
In the bag:
TM R11 – Project X 6
TM R9 3w – Fubuki 73
Titleist 3H – diamana ahina
Scratch 53 & 58 S300
penta / pro V1
Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:51 AM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:12 PM
Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM
Carl Lewis DID test positive to ephedrine(loads of it) at the US Track and Field trials in 1988, a banned stimulant, he should have got a 2 year ban, USADA said, poor Carl, we will hide this one, you are very naughty, dont do it again, you can go to the Olympics, They say that his entire Santa Monica Track Team were on HGH, a drug before its time that could not be tested for in the 1980's, This is common knowledge, there are records of it, he IS a drug cheat, Flo-Jo, died of sudden cardiac death, her heart was enormous(it is a muscle), the anabolic steroids she was on made her heart too big, it couldnt pump properly, so she had a heart attack and died, I hope he Lance is clean, but more than one person on the teams he has been on have tested positive for drugs, if he was there lead rider, how did he even not now that this was occuring, and if he did know and do nothing than he is just as bad as a drug cheat, Anyway, its good headlines for Lance, but like I said, just because you dont test positive it doesnt mean that you are not on the juice,
Marion Jones confessed after Balco were raided and the ledgers they kept detailed the drugs she was on and blood test results, she confessed to cut a deal and get less jail time.Before the Sydney games there was a whole raft of US athletes who allegedly tested positive but the results were squashed as the US team would have been decimated, would not be surprised if Jones wasn’t one of them.
Ben Johnson enough said,was quite obvious to everyone he was on roids, they just bided their time until they got him.
Carl Lewis was always a suspected cheat but was never officially caught and his samples are no longer there to be retested.
Flo-Jo Her dramatic improvement in 1988 and rapid retirement, then her shockingly early death, have led many to conclude that Griffith Joyner was using steroids and other banned drugs, and that she is one of the greatest cheats in the history of sport. Flo-Jo’s physique began to change dramatically by the start of the season in 1988 – Olympic year – she was toned and extraordinarily powerful. Suddenly the also-ran was rewriting the record books, running times that were tenths of seconds faster than anything in history. Yet little more than a year later, at the height of her powers, Flo-Jo retired.
The doubters said she had retired to beat the drugs testers.
Lance Armstrong he continues to claim he is innocent. the jury is still out until the positive proof is put forward.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users