248 replies to this topic

#1 Th_mper

Th_mper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

Never seen so much crap as what the USADA are touting today. Lance has just refused to put up with any more of their bull ****, he has not admitted any guilt They have refused to supply any hard evidence as to his guilt other than the testimony of two drug cheats whom they offered reduced sentences to in exchange for their statements. The USADA does not have the power or authority to strip him of the Tour De France titles as only the cycling governing body the UCI can do that and I don't see that happening given their poor relation ship with the the USADA.

#2 Handicap2hi

Handicap2hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Gotta be more to it, he always fights...now he gives up. Smells like ****

#3 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11852 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

I reckon I have to sit on the fence on this one. On one hand, I'd be "I'm no cheat, I'll fight to clear my mind" but then he's been battling this for years, and apparently has never failed a drug test. Ever. So, how long and how much time, money and effort do you need to expend. I don't know all the facts, so I'm going to hedge my bets until I know more.

#4 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5038 posts
  • Locationwerribee

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

well if he is stripped of his tour de france achievements its a good thing for Australia and cadel Evens cadel could be the moral winner out of this all as in 2005 he finished 8th every rider from 7 th place to 2nd place have all been stripped of there standings in the 2005 tour only one that hasnt been stripped is lance armstrong. if that changes well worse case for cadel is seconfd and cadell comes out the moral winner of 2005

#5 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

They once found a minute trace of cortisone from a blood test. Other sports have cortisone injections as an everyday thing but cycling is treated differently. I love cycling -more than golf- and doubt very much that any of his challengers were not doping at the time. Whether he was on it is another story, he beat all in a time that doping was rife. Even worse than the Festina affair of 98. And worse than Operation Puerto of the 2000s. Perhaps level playing field?

#6 Muntibix

Muntibix

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19823 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

We may not know one way or another for years, maybe decades, until testing is conclusive. But it appears to me a guilty, and since there is no actual way you can prove yourself innocent, guilty. It's been review after review for over a decade. So I can understand if he's decided that even if he doesn't lose this one they will immediately launch another and another and another. He may very well have done it - just the ability to beat people who are known cheats is suggestive - but how many times are various authorities allowed to prosecute the same thing over and over. If they came out with irrefutable evidence then go for it. But it seems more like they have evidence that is indicative and they are going to keep prosecuting it over and over until he's dead. In a way I now almost hope he did it because it would be an absolute ******* tragedy if one of the greatest athletes of all time was stripped of everything because of an endless witch hunt based on "He must have mustn't he? Surely nobody could do what he did naturally?"

#7 gitup

gitup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

We may not know one way or another for years, maybe decades, until testing is conclusive. But it appears to me a guilty, and since there is no actual way you can prove yourself innocent, guilty. It’s been review after review for over a decade. So I can understand if he’s decided that even if he doesn’t lose this one they will immediately launch another and another and another.

He may very well have done it – just the ability to beat people who are known cheats is suggestive – but how many times are various authorities allowed to prosecute the same thing over and over. If they came out with irrefutable evidence then go for it. But it seems more like they have evidence that is indicative and they are going to keep prosecuting it over and over until he’s dead.

In a way I now almost hope he did it because it would be an absolute ******* tragedy if one of the greatest athletes of all time was stripped of everything because of an endless witch hunt based on “He must have mustn’t he? Surely nobody could do what he did naturally?”

Starting 2012 on unofficial 17, target 12 then single figures
Member of the South East Queensland Golf Group
LEARN then PERFORM – Geoff Mangum

I think Eddie Merckx would be rated the greatest athlete of all time in cycling circles. Lance trained only for le tour, did not do much else. This is the reason he ranks low in my all time greats. I have never been a big fan of Lance but feel for the guy. He was a drug cheat but so was every other rider in that era. Why single him out. It would seem he has ruffled someones feathers.

#8 Goldy

Goldy

Munted beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24087 posts
  • LocationMunting Frog

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm happy to believe he's not guilty. Testimony from convicted drug cheats against a body of clear drug tests is good enough for me. I think I want to believe as well....so that'll do.

#9 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

I bet Merckx wasnt clean. I have mates who raced amateurs in italy and france and doping was rife, my pro mates have even better stories of the prevalence of doping, obe of them has even been publicly implicated but never tested positive

#10 Th_mper

Th_mper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

well if he is stripped of his tour de france achievements its a good thing for Australia and cadel Evens

cadel could be the moral winner out of this all

as in 2005 he finished 8th every rider from 7 th place to 2nd place have all been stripped of there standings in the 2005 tour only one that hasnt been stripped is lance armstrong.

if that changes well worse case for cadel is seconfd and cadell comes out the moral winner of 2005

Unless the USADA produces their irrefutable evidence there is no way he will be stripped of the titles and I doubt Cadel would be to happy about being the "moral " winner. To be honest I think the biggest losers in this will be the USADA because of their attitude and their constant refusal to say what the evidence is and when it occured their credability comes into question.

#11 Natnkyls

Natnkyls

Master Chipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1850 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

You dont have to have tested positive to be a drug cheat, Marion Jones openly admitted to drug taking during her entire career, but never tested positive, Ben Johnson only tested positive once, I bet he took drugs more than the one time, Bloody hell, Carl Lewis even tested postive to drugs at the US Olympic trials in 1988 but they still let him go to the Games, biggest cheater ever in my opinion, I dont know on this one, the team he rode with has said they were all on it, makes it hard to believe the team was on the juice but their best rider was not, This would be a massive shame if it is ever proven beyond doubt, but I think this one will always be up in the air,

#12 gitup

gitup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoint Cook

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

I bet Merckx wasnt clean. I have mates who raced amateurs in italy and france and doping was rife, my pro mates have even better stories of the prevalence of doping, obe of them has even been publicly implicated but never tested positive

In the bag:
TM R11 – Project X 6
TM R9 3w – Fubuki 73
Titleist 3H – diamana ahina
Mizuno MP-59
Scratch 53 & 58 S300
penta / pro V1

I'm not saying Merckx was clean, I doubt many are or have been. I'm saying Merckx is the greatest athlete of all time when talking cycling and if we are talking winning records Lance is along way down the list.

#13 Th_mper

Th_mper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Marion Jones confessed after Balco were raided and the ledgers they kept detailed the drugs she was on and blood test results, she confessed to cut a deal and get less jail time.Before the Sydney games there was a whole raft of US athletes who allegedly tested positive but the results were squashed as the US team would have been decimated, would not be surprised if Jones wasn't one of them. Ben Johnson enough said,was quite obvious to everyone he was on roids, they just bided their time until they got him. Carl Lewis was always a suspected cheat but was never officially caught and his samples are no longer there to be retested. Flo-Jo Her dramatic improvement in 1988 and rapid retirement, then her shockingly early death, have led many to conclude that Griffith Joyner was using steroids and other banned drugs, and that she is one of the greatest cheats in the history of sport. Flo-Jo's physique began to change dramatically by the start of the season in 1988 - Olympic year - she was toned and extraordinarily powerful. Suddenly the also-ran was rewriting the record books, running times that were tenths of seconds faster than anything in history. Yet little more than a year later, at the height of her powers, Flo-Jo retired. The doubters said she had retired to beat the drugs testers. Lance Armstrong he continues to claim he is innocent. the jury is still out until the positive proof is put forward.

#14 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

ISG Tom Foolery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5977 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Lance beat cancer. He used drugs to do that. If during that time in his life he found a way to mask ilicit drugs to win bike races against other riders who were doping, that's extraordinarily clever. I think this is more about his foundation, and Nike range making him money.

#15 Natnkyls

Natnkyls

Master Chipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1850 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Marion Jones confessed after Balco were raided and the ledgers they kept detailed the drugs she was on and blood test results, she confessed to cut a deal and get less jail time.Before the Sydney games there was a whole raft of US athletes who allegedly tested positive but the results were squashed as the US team would have been decimated, would not be surprised if Jones wasn’t one of them.

Ben Johnson enough said,was quite obvious to everyone he was on roids, they just bided their time until they got him.

Carl Lewis was always a suspected cheat but was never officially caught and his samples are no longer there to be retested.

Flo-Jo Her dramatic improvement in 1988 and rapid retirement, then her shockingly early death, have led many to conclude that Griffith Joyner was using steroids and other banned drugs, and that she is one of the greatest cheats in the history of sport. Flo-Jo’s physique began to change dramatically by the start of the season in 1988 – Olympic year – she was toned and extraordinarily powerful. Suddenly the also-ran was rewriting the record books, running times that were tenths of seconds faster than anything in history. Yet little more than a year later, at the height of her powers, Flo-Jo retired.

The doubters said she had retired to beat the drugs testers.

Lance Armstrong he continues to claim he is innocent. the jury is still out until the positive proof is put forward.

Carl Lewis DID test positive to ephedrine(loads of it) at the US Track and Field trials in 1988, a banned stimulant, he should have got a 2 year ban, USADA said, poor Carl, we will hide this one, you are very naughty, dont do it again, you can go to the Olympics, They say that his entire Santa Monica Track Team were on HGH, a drug before its time that could not be tested for in the 1980's, This is common knowledge, there are records of it, he IS a drug cheat, Flo-Jo, died of sudden cardiac death, her heart was enormous(it is a muscle), the anabolic steroids she was on made her heart too big, it couldnt pump properly, so she had a heart attack and died, I hope he Lance is clean, but more than one person on the teams he has been on have tested positive for drugs, if he was there lead rider, how did he even not now that this was occuring, and if he did know and do nothing than he is just as bad as a drug cheat, Anyway, its good headlines for Lance, but like I said, just because you dont test positive it doesnt mean that you are not on the juice,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users