Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Starting again, but with a plan!
Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:04 AM
Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:30 AM
Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:04 PM
Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:22 PM
Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:59 PM
Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:57 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:54 AM
Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:18 PM
Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:43 PM
Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:15 AM
Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:22 AM
Still working my way through TGM again. I read it several times at the start of the year, and most of it passed me by. This time, I am getting insights as I go.
For instance: I now understand “the Magic of the right forearm” (7-3) . On previous reads, the idea of cocking the left wrist without the right wrist cocking seemed nonsense. I now realise that the right forearm moves in such a way as to uncock the right wrist as fast as the left wrist is cocking it, if you see what I mean, such that you end up in a situation as HK says.
I am starting to realise that a) HK is right 99%+ and b) when I think HK is talking nonsense, I actually have an opportunity to learn something important.
Had a few Q+A’s with Dart about the hip action. I think that tilting the spine to the right is a step forward, but clearly I still have OTT tendencies in hip, knee and shoulder actions.
I am in 2 minds as to what to work on next. One option is to sort out my hand action and acc 2 (still a bit of a mystery) using 1/2 to 3/4 swings with limited pivot, just to get the feel of acc 2 in the hands. I am attracted to this option because I can see this is the key to getting a bit more clubhead speed (I reckon up to 10%).
The other option is to leave acc 2 a bit longer and work on knee, hip and shoulder action in order to try to eradicate more of my OTT DNA. This is more of the sensible approach, because any residual OTT will make a nonsense of any other changes.
Head versus heart! Can’t hit balls for a couple of days, so I will carry on with TGM and decide a bit later.
Stan Utley putting and short game
TGM hitting, as explained by Jeff Mann, Peter Croker / Paul Hart
New ball flight rules
Rory McIlroy, I.K.Kim swings
Fast play, Stableford scoring, windy conditions
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users