• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 g123

g123

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hi guys i am having trouble finding the sligo shirts on their website any help would very helpful

#17 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

They only advertise Sligo when they're 'on special' or thru Birdie of the day.

#18 mitch22

mitch22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGOLD COAST

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

What area are your in g123? There are bound to be a few pro shops around that have them.

#19 mitch22

mitch22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGOLD COAST

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

GCO have them on Birdie of the Day

#20 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18865 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Just bumping this thread.

Had a good experience the other day at GCO in Narre Warren.

I went in to get a new rangefinder as my old one had seen better days (the alignment was off), and was all set to get a Sureshot for $299.

So, the guys got out the Sureshot for me to look at, from behind the locked cabinet, and then told me that they were selling a lot of this new brand from the USA called Precision Pro. (Magnification x 6)

The Precision Pro was selling for $199, so it was a potential saving of $100.

The guys suggested we test them side by side, so outside we went with them both, and pinged a giveway sign across at the intersection with each of them.

The Sureshot read 110m to the sign, and the Precision Pro, 109.7m.

We pinged a couple more distances, and the readings were accurate and came up nice and fast on the Precision Pro, so the choice was made to save $100.

The case it comes in is also pretty high quality, and matches the lime green of the Clicgear buggy, so it was an easy decision in the end.

Then I wanted to get a new set of grips for my MP32 irons, so over to the grip section we went. The price for 8 grips was $150, and they offered to install them for free if I had my clubs with me. (I didn't)

I then get to the register and they knocked a decent amount of the price off my combined purchases (about $30 or so) ....... so it was one happy golfer who walked out a minute or so later.

While they don't have the latest and greatest models in terms of clubs, tis not too often you find great service and very good prices together in the one golf establishment, but the guys there are excellent. :D

• StewyGriffin, TheTrueReview, Francie and 3 others like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#21 Schmuck

Schmuck

B Grader anywhere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10600 posts
  • Location1 club shorter

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Helped me out for last years Nats, they were very helpful & better value than up here...
  • Commish likes this
Nothing makes sense, except GOATS, they ALWAYS make sense

Ever noticed that Ducks swagger?

I am only half trying

#22 Back Pass

Back Pass

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Have been dealing with the GCO recently as I look to get back into playing for the first time in a decade. They've been super helpful. I'm a high handicap (25) and am looking at the Wilson Deep Red package or they've just listed a new package of the Taylormade Player's 2016 Golf Set that includes a M2 HL Driver and Aeroburner iron set, fairway wood and 3 hybrid. 

The Taylormade package is about $500 more (and I'd have to add a bag).

Wondering if anyone had views on which set might be better? Go the cheaper one and upgrade to something better in time or spend the more on the Taylormade set which might last me a few years?

And while I know I should probably look at second hand, I've been given a $400 voucher for the GCO which I have to use soon.

Edited by Back Pass, 09 August 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#23 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18865 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

Getting a complete package wouldn't necessarily be the best option, because some of it may not fit, eg that goes for either the Wilson Deep Red or the Taylormade Package.

The driver might suit, but the irons not so much, etc, etc, so you'd then be stuck with some components that weren't right for you.

Perhaps you need to hit a variety of clubs, and shaft flexes, in order to work out which ones would suit your improving game. That goes for the long clubs, as well as irons.

Do you hit gaybrids okay or do you prefer to hit long irons, as this could determined at what number iron, your set needs to start at.

You could use your voucher for buying an iron set from GCO, or use it for a bag and GPS / rangefinder.

You could use it to buy a driver / 3W combo. Lots of choices .........

Because GCO pretty much deal with superseded models, you can certainly pick up a bargain there, be it a driver, iron set, wedges, etc etc, so I'd advise to shop around and hit everything you can get your hands on in their practice net before you think about buying it to ensure you get what is right for your game.

Just my thoughts ..... :)

• Back Pass likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner (Pending successful legal action)

EVENT WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2016.

#24 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12952 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Helped me out for last years Nats, they were very helpful & better value than up here...

Ditto for myself and Zoo

• Madambo and Schmuck like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#25 the piranha

the piranha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

Thumbs up from me on GCO. Bought a wrong attachment for my clicgear online, 100% my fault. Ask them if I can replace it, got told to just drop it at the NSW store, 20 minutes from my place, no fuss no drama.

Bought too many stuffs from them over the past few years... biggest issue with GCO in NSW is it doesn't have a golf sim... perfect for buying balls, shirts, shoes but not clubs...especially driver

• Madambo likes this

#26 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11480 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Advertising doesn't even work on me.

I was looking through their email newsletter catalogue thingo after seeing this thread.

Bought two hats because one was green so I bought that and one was white so I bought that
  • iRON MiCK and MaxxOn like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#27 MaxxOn

MaxxOn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18093 posts
  • Location.

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Advertising doesn't even work on me.
I was looking through their email newsletter catalogue thingo after seeing this thread.
Bought two hats because one was green so I bought that and one was white so I bought that

Chinese Taboos #3

Attached File  IMG_0378.PNG   235.51KB   2 downloads

#28 Jaybam

Jaybam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Bought a new taylor made m1 3 wood for $244 today. No one else came close in price.
  • Madambo, TheTrueReview, RobNewy and 1 other like this

#29 the piranha

the piranha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Bought a new taylor made m1 3 wood for $244 today. No one else came close in price.

Wow fair enuh, it is selling for $350 at Drummond, $100 savings!

• Jaybam likes this

#30 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11480 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Chinese Taboos #3

attachicon.gifIMG_0378.PNG

Bumpette saw some holes in this theory

1. wouldn't the man be suspicious when his wife offers him to wear a green hat?

2. are they playing the in and out game near the window so they can see the husband walking back?

Number 2 was actually my question, because that is what I thought about

• RobNewy likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users