#1 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

I recently bought 2 x Sligo shirts advertised at $29 each - which is a steal considering I bought 2 same branded shirts for $79 (on special) from House of Golf Adelaide when I was there back in April. I've worn the $79's a few times and all's good after washing etc. But alas, when I wore the $29's for the first time - after each wash I've noticed on both shirts that some threads have pulled and freyed! After noticing it on the first one I blamed the wife's washing, so when I was told to wash my own clothes from then on....I washed the other with the same result. I've also noticed the cheaper shirts tend to be a little 'thinner' with the material, doesn't feel the same with the 'thumb & forefinger rub' I checked the tags for any inconsistency - but the cheap ones had the spare button (with sligo on it) just like the $79's. I can't help feel these must be some sort of 'knock off' Is it a case of get what you pay for? Birdie of the day or Dirty of the day? Anyone else bought clothing from GCO/BOD?

#2 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33923 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yep I bought some trousers from GCO at their opening of a new store. The pants look good and appeared to be old stock. (Only worn one pair so far as they are summer - material - pants) I think if they are heavily discounted then you cop what you get. If you've paid full price I wouldn't be happy.

#3 PingVision

PingVision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

I've purchased white sport leisure pants and they've had 3 washes and are fine. I have also purchased Sligo shirts from a golf retailer for $49 each, 2 of the 3 faded after 1 wash, the other is still mint.

#4 Pirelli

Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

They wouldn't be fakes. They buy stock from suppliers in bulk so maybe it was a bad batch / bad material that Sligo decided they couldn't sell at RRP? Did you try calling them and asking for a refund/return?

#5 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

They wouldn’t be fakes.

They buy stock from suppliers in bulk so maybe it was a bad batch / bad material that Sligo decided they couldn’t sell at RRP?

Did you try calling them and asking for a refund/return?

I was thinking/hoping they'd be a bad batch rather than fakes. The material is certainly different/thinner. I haven't contacted GCO yet, I was interested to see if other people had experienced the same. I'll fill out their feedback form online later tonight....see if anything happens. If they're not fakes....It's hard to fathom how they would make a whole heap of these shirts. (there is a huge anount of all styles and sizes) They're not advertised as imperfections nor should they really...They just turn to shite after a wash.

#6 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22855 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

You have felt that the material is different. The cheaper shirts are probably cheaper shirts, made from cheaper material.

#7 Hilly77

Hilly77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

From what I understand GCO participate in alot of parallel importing which could explain the difference in quality.

#8 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

From what I understand GCO participate in alot of parallel importing which could explain the difference in quality.

That about sums it up I would think!

#9 mitch22

mitch22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGOLD COAST

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

I have purchased a couple of the Sligo Shirts one from the Vic Park Golf Range and one from GCO. Both were reduced in price and both have the same issues as has been mentioned,fading and picking. So maybe a bad batch that they needed to get out of the way........but not a great advertisement for their product.

#10 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I've just sent off the complaint/feedback form. I'll let you know how it turns out. John

#11 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Every pro shop and golf retailer seems to be clearing Sligo gear at the moment. I have bought a few of the shirts, haven't noticed any quality issues so far though.

#12 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Update........ I received an email first thing this morning from GCO basically saying they've not heard or seen anything like this before and have asked me to send the shirts back so they can have a look and investigate. They've also said that Sligo wouldn't have a problem in replacing them. Or if I wanted another brand. They have also assured me that they do not sell fake or knock off gear and have given me contact details of their supplier to confirm this. I applaud them firstly for their promt response and secondly for not 'passing the buck' and taking immediate action on te complaint. I believe this is good business and good customer service, I wouldn't hesitate buying from Golf Clearance Outlet again. John

#13 mitch22

mitch22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGOLD COAST

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Very good reply from GCO.

#14 TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3825 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

Very good reply from GCO.

Hills GC

Very much so. Kudos also to Johnraf for posting the lengthy follow up story.

#15 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users