Teetime Specials

• Devilbend Golf Club - Thu & Fri $35 incl cart!!
    For only $35pp 18holes incl cart. Book quick for this great deal!!
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Deano's chopper diary......

• Please log in to reply
1536 replies to this topic

#1 Menon

Menon

Tearing up country tracks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi all, just thought i would start one of these threads for me to keep track of how I'm traveling. I was sort of taking over poor jiminy's thread so here i am. No real goals to mention other than trying to stay under 6 and above 3 handicap. Some background for those interested, started the game at about 15 as result of blowing up my 3rd motor on my motorcross bike in 6 weeks. the old man refused to pay so i went and played golf with some school mates. Was handed a right handed stick and hit it flush, i like most caddied for the old man who was a lefty and i used his bats. right handed was much easier. Played ever since getting to +1 briefly and floated between scr and 3 mostly the past 29 years. Won 3 Club Champs and a handfull of open stoke events but have not been a real serious competitor, just love playing some nice shots and talking rubbish. Gave up for 5 years recently as was just bored and back into it for about 10 months so far and quite enjoy playing again. currently on 3.8 so we'll see what happens in the next few years. I refuse to practice as usual so not expecting to get low again. I'm not what you would call a technical player at all, i'm often asked how to play certain shots and my reply usually is 'buggered if i know, just hit it'. :-) although just fixed up the Mrs bunker play with...."hit the barstard as hard as you can" worked a treat. Just using this thread to post scores and talk rubbish really as i suppose Stink will find this and all hell will break loose. Cheers and Beers Dean

#2 Stinkler

Stinkler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Did you call? Let the fun begin.

#3 Goldy

Goldy

Bluto Snr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21908 posts
  • LocationAnimal House

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

We have a lot in common. I too, talk rubbish. "floated between scr and 3 mostly the past 29 years" Chopper. pfffft.....come back when you're bad enough

#4 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Speaking of choppers..............how are we boys lol Playing with Francie tomorrow at his future home club, yarrawonga......hope the weather clears up as rainy here atm. Seen some wide load pilot vehicles heading South today, his wallet must be coming up as well.

#5 Weeti

Weeti

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14404 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

This must be where we determine once and for all who you are representing in September. Heaven only knows how we'll work out who I represent!

#6 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Ok back to golf, had my 1st lesson on Monday for at least 13 years with Glen McCullay. was quite surprising how the swing looked on video, has not changed much apart from some extra weight on the undercarriage..... swing was bang on plane and all was pretty good really for no maintenance over the years. I was pushing everything to the point i could not hit a fairway. Glen highlighted a cupped wrist at the top and i was sliding my hips rather than turning, these 2 errors are obvious on video. hit about 20 balls whilst there and the swing come alive and was hitting it pure again, really excited by this easy fix. Not sure how i'll go tomoz with new swing thoughts. it has to be better than the last 6 weeks or so although my scores are ok due to ridiculous scrambling and averaging 28 putts.

#7 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

This must be where we determine once and for all who you are representing in September.

Heaven only knows how we’ll work out who I represent!

Starting 2012 on unofficial 17, target 12 then single figures
Member of the South East Queensland Golf Group
LEARN then PERFORM – Geoff Mangum

Pffftt NSW..........go blues

#8 vinum_coupe

vinum_coupe

Burp!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2839 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

So disappointed. I thought this thread was going to be about catching helicopters to fishing spots.

#9 Stinkler

Stinkler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25174 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Ok back to golf,

had my 1st lesson on Monday for at least 13 years with Glen McCullay.
was quite surprising how the swing looked on video, has not changed much apart from some extra weight on the undercarriage…..
swing was bang on plane and all was pretty good really for no maintenance over the years. I was pushing everything to the point i could not hit a fairway. Glen highlighted a cupped wrist at the top and i was sliding my hips rather than turning, these 2 errors are obvious on video. hit about 20 balls whilst there and the swing come alive and was hitting it pure again, really excited by this easy fix.

Not sure how i’ll go tomoz with new swing thoughts. it has to be better than the last 6 weeks or so although my scores are ok due to ridiculous scrambling and averaging 28 putts.

I have a feeling the +1 is not out of contention. Just remember to hit the driver really hard!

#10 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

So disappointed.
I thought this thread was going to be about catching helicopters to fishing spots.

Bank : OOM$ 500.00
http://forums.iseekgolf.com...

Pisser

#11 jiminy

jiminy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

Pheeew! Its about time you got your own thread! Its funny, you build up an image of someone based on their posts. I take it your not 25, single, drink lots of piss and work in the mines to afford your extravagant lifestyle of fishing and golf.....Your journey will be an interesting read!

#12 Menon

Menon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4914 posts
  • LocationIn the bar

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

haha jiminy, nope 45 yr old has been, drink lots and lots of piss, could work in the mines as an qualified engineer and can't afford my extravagant lifestyle of fishing and golf !!!!

#13 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

No Soup For You, Next!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12252 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Speaking of choppers…...........how are we boys lol

Playing with Francie tomorrow at his future home club, yarrawonga…...hope the weather clears up as rainy here atm.

Seen some wide load pilot vehicles heading South today, his wallet must be coming up as well.

Hey Deano, you're fitting in quite nicely here, and great to see you've got your own thread going. Bout time we had a real piss drinking, no golf practice, almost scratch golfer ......... type journey thread...... will make a very nice addition to the other journey threads. Say hi to Franks wallet for me by the way, and I hope the bar up there is sturdy enough to support it .......... at least until you two begin to lighten it.

#14 Bal1ast

Bal1ast

Are you some kind of moron?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5769 posts
  • LocationNewcastle

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

bit off topic deano.....but how did you go with old mate regarding a jew bash(fish) up qld?

#15 Bumpun_Beetle

Bumpun_Beetle

don't you member me?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5144 posts
  • Locationeight point nine-six warning points

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

golf, yeah good nice and boring, how about something really interesting .... what sort of Egnineer are you? because you drink beer, I'd go with Civil ... potentially slanting towards Waterways/Stormwater, but Mulwala probably not so much and there wouldn't be too much call for that at the mines. That is my first guess... i am sticking with Civil, but not sure what speciality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users