- The Glades pre buy Golf Special -(Buy now play in September) 25 Sep 2014
- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Sep 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Black Bull Golf Club 31 Aug 2014
- Winter Weekend Special at Golfers Resort and Glenn McCully Golf Schools Yarrawonga 31 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($49 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($55 w/cart) 30 Aug 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($19 walking) 30 Aug 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Aug 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Ashgrove Golf Club Sunday special - 2 players 18 holes incl cart only $35pp!
- The Links - Shell Cove - $25 (Save 57%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart I seek Special Rate. Dress Code applies. Not applicable with any other promotion
- Cheltenham Golf Club - $15 (Save 0%) (WAS $15.0) 18 Holes Walking $15 for as many holes as you can play! Collared shirt required. Carts available from the club. Please call the Pro Shop on 9583 2567.
- Vincentia Golf Club - $28 (Save 53%) (WAS $60.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart This rate is for 2 sharing a cart includes 18 Holes for 2 and Cart
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club (River) - $25 (Save 50%) (WAS $50.0) 18 Holes Walking Note: We operate on Daylight Savings Time (DST). All bookings made are in DST times (NSW)
- Cypress Lakes - $49 incl cart Special iseekgolf price at $49pp 18hole incl cart every Mon, Tues, Thu!!
Chipping off of long grass
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:09 AM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:56 AM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:42 AM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:35 PM
Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:21 PM
Quite possibly GG, slightly rearward low point and loft added through impact; very easy to slide a 56/60 degree wedge straight under the ball in the very fluffy stuff. Bringing the hands forward and the ball back just a little for me makes absolutely certain the ball is being hit first rather than flipping and sliding the club under the ball too much. No good for a flop shot but that isn't the aim : )
Rey moving the ball back in your stance? If you are hitting under the ball, your swing is bottoming out earlier then anticipated?
Ghetto train â€“ get on it.
Winner C grade OOM #3 Patterson River.
Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:10 AM
I like this one for Flyer lies.
The tour players play them like a bunker shots that way you donâ€™t get a flyer and the ball pops up. Us the bounce or trailing edge of the club and the ball pops, the ball will also sit soft.
Even up to 80 metres I play my shots in the rough like this, last thing you want is a flyer and not stopping ending up over the back of the green.
Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:15 AM
Well said 2Putts. Something else you can try is to simple choke down on your club and make some practice swings focusing on swinging at the height you want the club to swing through the ball.
For the really deep fluffy stuff I make sure the hands are well forward and deloft the club somewhat to make the face higher. Playing the ball back a little and make doubly sure that the strike is very much down on the ball helps me.
If the above isnâ€™t working for me then a less lofted club so even if I add loft through impact I still catch the top of the club face.
In chipping practice I like hitting the ball on different grooves on the club face. It is interesting to see how the ball reacts and it helps me with that sort of depth control issue.
For normal length fluffy stuff I open the club a little and use the bounce of the club to clack the ball higher of the face.
Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:40 PM
Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:16 AM
Weeties, Could we consider yourself as a pro hitting at hit the ball fat :)lol This is simular to a bunker shot. You can master it pretty easy there is hard ground underneath the club will bounce for you. Pretty hard to make a meal of the shot. :)
Some things to practice.
Back in the stance was something I did try a bit and it did help.
Zen â€“ I suspected that that was the pro solution. I am not confident in my technique or touch for that shot at the moment. Will look for something I can work with initially and then add that to my training.
Starting 2012 on unofficial 17, target 12 then single figures
Member of the South East Queensland Golf Group
LEARN then PERFORM â€“ Geoff Mangum
Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:33 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users