589 replies to this topic

#1 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

OK Gang... BMan and I were sitting around watching all these people (including ourselves) talk about favourites, odds, backing this person, that person and where the ‘smart money’ is. So enough was enough... The Victorian OOM Programme has been screaming out for some ‘odds’ ever since CB80 started doing his awesome form guide. So that’s what we have proposed. And we give you...

OOMBET

Here’s how it works: 1) Every punter is given $1000 OOM dollars in their “account” on which they can wager on the OOM on a number of bets 2) There are 3 categories to bet on: a. Overall OOM Winner b. Top 3 finish c. Long Drive 3) Odds will be provided to bet on one week out from the OOM. 4) A summary of bets will be provided after the OOM as well as a ‘balance sheet’. 5) The winner of the comp will be the punter with the largest amount in their kitty at the end of the Curlewis OOM. Simple Now, for the fine print, the rules: 1) All bets must be emailed through to OOMBET @ hotmail DOT com – no verbal bets, no posting online, if it’s not emailed and received by 7am on the morning of the OOM in question, it won’t count. 2) All bets must be clear in what they are betting for, and should be clear which ISG user is betting what. 3) Odds will not change throughout the week. What is offered a week out will stay. So regardless of how much is wagered, a player won’t “come in”. 4) A punter will be allowed a maximum of 5 bets per OOM 5) All punters must wager a minimum of $200 per OOM. If you don’t, your balance will be deducted $300 for each OOM. This is to prevent people ‘resting on their laurels’. This is supposed to be fun and not to be taken seriously... 6) If someone wants to join the comp after the Patto River OOM, they will get $700 in their account. If they join after the Sunshine day, they’ll get $400 to play with. 7) OOMBET is open to all ISG’rs open, not just participants. Our interstate colleagues more than welcome to get in on it. 8) Bet’s on N-graders aren’t available for Winning or Top 3, but are for LD. 9) Top 3 will be worked out on a countback. No ties 10) BMan and Smergen reserve the right to amend and change these rules ‘on the fly’ as we tweak the comp. The intention is to use the 3 remaining OOMs to iron out issues, and consider input from the group. OK guy, happy for input and thoughts... We’re hoping to develop the comp this year with the intent to perhaps introduce prizes and incentives next year. We’ll probably introduce grade betting too, as well as NTP’s but let’s crawl before we walk. Let’s not take it too serious, have a bit of fun and a bit of a laugh. If it’s a fizzer, so be it. BMan and I will just bet between ourselves for beers! OOMBET... get on it...

#2 BMan

BMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Yep - its time to put the money where the mouth is. Should be some good fun guys if we just have a bit of fun with it - and if the feed back is good then - we will organise it a bit better next year.

#3 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Oh yeah... so who is in?

#4 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13930 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'll have a go but now I have to dig out CB's list and see who's playing in what grade and their handicaps.

#5 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10716 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Well, we're a week out ... what are the odds?

#6 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

I’ll have a go but now I have to dig out CB’s list and see who’s playing in what grade and their handicaps.

“Gone golfin’……be back dark thirty.” – Anonymous
2011 ISG OOM Finalist
2011 ISG Order of Merit # 2 Putting Champion – Long Island

http://www.trafalgargolf.co...

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

When I post the odds, I'll include that info...

#7 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Well, we’re a week out ... what are the odds

So I take it that you're in OB? :) And from my memory, the OOM is next Sunday, that's over a week away... Log in at midnight if you like...

#8 Goldy

Goldy

Bluto Snr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21856 posts
  • LocationAnimal House

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

In. But you probably knew that already. Smoldy is as Smoldy does....

#9 RobNewy

RobNewy

Fight the Fight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Guys, this is a brilliant idea. Kudos for getting it started. Any cost?, and what do we play for? Personally, i dont gamble, but i will play in this if its cheap Suggestion. Maybe when its ready, move it to the isg tipping page. May make it easier to follow Again. Great work gents

#10 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Rob... nothing to pay... it's just OOM Dollars... nothing real. Just trying to give a bit of 'tangibility' to some peoples backings... You think Goldy is a chance? Back it in. Ghetto a bandit and a lock? Back it in. Kiwi a short arse and fast talker? Back it in... I thought about the Tipping thread but wasn't too sure if it'd get seen. I'm not a gambler either Rob, but I like taking friendly bets and wagers as talking points between mates. This just gives us a chance to expand on it... :)

#11 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Also, BMan and I might get together to make up something for the winner, but this year is all about ironing out the kinks before taking it up a notch. I might even make another trophy...

#12 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13930 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

I love spending 'Monopoly money'. Should be fun

#13 RobNewy

RobNewy

Fight the Fight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Definantly in mate. Let me know if you need an aircraft piston engine part for a trophy. Maybe the 'Golden Piston' award??

#14 Goldy

Goldy

Bluto Snr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21856 posts
  • LocationAnimal House

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Kiwi a short arse and fast talker? Back it in…

Can I put my whole $1000 on this? Odds are irrelevant.

#15 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

I love spending ‘Monopoly money’. Should be fun
That's the concept...
Let me know if you need an aircraft piston engine part for a trophy. Maybe the ‘Golden Piston’ award??
Nice idea Rob, we'll keep it in mind. We'll come up with a name over the next few months...

#16 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Kiwi a short arse and fast talker? Back it in…

Can I put my whole $1000 on this?

Odds are irrelevant.

Nope. Even dummy bets have their limits...

#17 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm in. But so.... The hawks got touched up by Richmond and you boys were looking for something else to talk about.

#18 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11337 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ha ha... nice one Ro... it's a convenient distraction, but you are right, touch up is putting it nicely...

#19 BMan

BMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Not talking about footy - I am sure that smerg and I will get together over a few beers and put together something for the winner. ... Just have some fun with it guys !

#20 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18912 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I love spending ‘Monopoly money’. Should be fun

“Gone golfin’……be back dark thirty.” – Anonymous
2011 ISG OOM Finalist
2011 ISG Order of Merit # 2 Putting Champion – Long Island

http://www.trafalgargolf.co...