Is there such a thing?

#2 Pirelli

Pirelli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

clubmaxx golf make a thing called a sandmann which is meant to be a carry bag sand bucket.

#3 TurfN3rd

TurfN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

I use an empty gatorade bottle which just sits in the mesh outside pocket of my bag

#4 Yarn

Yarn

The Iguana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8668 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

I use an empty gatorade bottle which just sits in the mesh outside pocket of my bag

Read Ben Hogan’s 5 Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf until your eyes are sore and your head hurts, then read it again and again! It’s ALL there………..

Same. Pars and Birdies make a carry bag that has a pocket and one of those sand bottles that all the flash courses have on their buggies, and it fits in the pocket, a bit like a water bottle pocket.

#5 bushy007

bushy007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1170 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

My Smoothy came with one of those sand containers that looks like a hospital urinating device. Fits perfectly into the drink holder pocket of my OGIO bag. If I forget that I just carry a standard bucket... I have the habit of emptying it every hole in all the unfilled divots that players seem to forget.

#6 interested_party

interested_party

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

I have the sandmann. $20 plus postage from clubmaxx. It works pretty well. It feels like it may fall of the bag easily but it hasn't managed to yet. The chap also kindly included a few of his tee/pitch mark repair tools. Both products are walking a fine line between novelty and useful innovation.

#7 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4067 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:15 AM

I've had a few of those sandmann thingys. They work well, but tend to break at the hook thing that holds the 'bucket' on. I've only gone through 3 in maybe 3 years, so on average 1 every year I don't think is too bad, for $20.......

#8 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Is there such a thing?

’There’s no pictures on the scorecard’

www.visiongolfball.com

http://golfecoach.com/dap/a...

I've told a few guys i've played with who carry their bags to try out the Gatorade bottle method. They all seemed to prefer that over the larger cart style ones or just carrying a bucket. Don't even get me started on one ass clown from my club who doesn't carry anything at all.

#9 Spartan52

Spartan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1849 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Obviously he never takes a divot .....

#10 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Obviously he never takes a divot …..

Incoming Golf Balls have the right of way!

If only that was the case. This buffoon usually takes a divot and then proceed to dig a hole with his club throwing a tantrum. I've reported twice in the last 12 months to the club Captain.

#11 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

i have an eagles and birdies stand bag, i also have the screw top type sand carrier that sits in the pocket provided. however i found that cutting the top off a cottee's cordial bottle works well too as is is pretty slim.

#12 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

I have got a Gatorade type bottle to try. I'll put it in one of the zipper pockets as the drink bottle holder was the selling point of the bag I got. Easy access while walking. Kiwi. Tried that choke down tip with a PW and nailed a green Sweetly with it as I was imbetween clubs. Looked up and watched it land and just said. 'Thankyou Kiwi!' Before I sucked immensely with that shot. Cheers ;)

#13 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

I have got a Gatorade type bottle to try. I’ll put it in one of the zipper pockets as the drink bottle holder was the selling point of the bag I got. Easy access while walking.
Kiwi. Tried that choke down tip with a PW and nailed a green Sweetly with it as I was imbetween clubs. Looked up and watched it land and just said. ‘Thankyou Kiwi!’ Before I sucked immensely with that shot. Cheers ;)

’There’s no pictures on the scorecard’

www.visiongolfball.com

http://golfecoach.com/dap/a...

any time Jumm, it works on all clubs too. remember your yardage is only correct when you use a 100% perfect swing/lie/contact shot. i find i choke down quite often as a go to shot if not sure re distance,

#14 djcraig

djcraig

Both short & long

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm looking at getting the E&B carry bag. It's got the sand dispenser thingy pocket - the only issue is because of the 14 individual dividers i cant put my putter with an oversize grip in to the bag The do 2 models - arrowhead (as above) and olympic - which i need because it has an external putter tube... Btw - how f'n expensive are the Ogio carry bags... Buy a 11" staff bag for the same $$

#15 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

I’m looking at getting the E&B carry bag. It’s got the sand dispenser thingy pocket – the only issue is because of the 14 individual dividers i cant put my putter with an oversize grip in to the bag
The do 2 models – arrowhead (as above) and olympic – which i need because it has an external putter tube…

Btw – how f’n expensive are the Ogio carry bags… Buy a 11” staff bag for the same $$

What is reward without risk

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

get a skinny grip, you know it makes sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users