- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
Max's Journey to double digits
Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:23 AM
Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:36 AM
Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:39 PM
Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:58 AM
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:25 AM
Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:36 AM
My membership application for that club is still pending. I'm currently still a member of "just-moved-back-from-overseas-and-looking-for-a-job" club. So yeah I have a bit of time, now. This situation will not last very long. Point taken none-the-less.
U play far too much golf to join the â€˜cranky parents who donâ€™t get to play golf because of their kids clubâ€™ itâ€™s an exclusive club and sorry but u donâ€™t make the cut. At this rate I predict u to stay on single figures till ur too old to hit Ur driver 200m.
Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:30 AM
Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:01 AM
Back from the comp. I did ok on my objectives: - 3w 3i pitch to walk away with a two point 5 on the first - 7th went 3i then could not resist going at the front pin with another 3i, paid the price but still got a 2 pointer - scored 32 points - kept my cool despite a wipe and 3 lost balls. Breakdown below: 1: tough par 4 uphill into the wind. Plan was to attack in 3 shots with a pitch, did just that after 3w, 3i, pitch, missed the long putt but got a bogey 2: easy downwind downhill par 5, good drive, left with 190, push my 3i into right greenside bunker. Awkward downhill lie, hit it skinny as it skips over the green, pitch and 2 putts for bogey. 3: easyish par 5 with a sidewind, drive finds the fairway pretty far down, I attack with a 3i but push it left. Chip and a putt for birdie. 4: 135m par 3 with wind from right to left. Hit a bit long with an 8i and then proceeded to 3-putt... argh. 5: tough par 4 along the coast, blast drive into a water hasard on the right, drop, ybrid finds the rough to the left of the green, pitch shot out of heavy rough is left about 7m from pin, got lucky and drained the putt for a 1 point 5. 6: long uphill into the wind par 5. Drive 3w, punched 7 iron pin high but about 6m left of pin, two putt for par. 7: worlds stupidest par 4. 3i off the tee finds the layup area, left with 180m to front pin, decide to go for it despite better judgement, starts left and stays left, finished at the foot of a bush in a hasard staked area, can't do much, hack at it with a SW, goes about 10 metres into the green side bunker with a prime downhill, sidehill lie to a downward sloping green. Awesome. I get lucky again with a good sand shot and good putt to get away with a abogey and two points. 8: pretty straight forward par3, 7i goes pin high just off the edge of the green, nearly putt it in, tap in for par 9: uphill 160m par 3, 5i finds left rough, blast the chip by, two putts for boogey 10: drive, duffed pitch, chip and putt for par 11: 3w, 8i past the flag, two putts for par 12:uphill 135m par 3, I decide to hit an 8i and just go easy on it, of course hit it super fkush and iit finishes 12m past hole. Blast the downhiller past and end up with three putt bogey 13: bomb a drive down the middle, 9i finds greenside bunker, chip and miss putt for bogey 14: I hate this beautiful par 4 along the coast as I always get into trouble. My drive hits the fairway then trickles into the ocean, drop, duffed pitch, chip and two putts for a wipe. 15:straight forward par 3, 6i, two putts 16: blind tee shot par 4, 3w, hit the 9i approach fat finds the front bunker just next to lip, hit a good bunker shot out and sink the par putt 17: bombed one through the fariway, am left with 65m from heavy rough. hit it superheavy and into the ditch in front of the green, drop, overcompensate and hit it 10m past the pin, get super lucky and the putt finds the hole. 18: 280m par 4 over water, I decide to go for it, pull it, end up about 30m short left of the green, picth and two putts for par Cliff note version: nothing to write home about, missed a couple of shots, hit a couple of okay ones, and putted well despite two stupid three-putts. ended up 10 over for the day with 7 greens, 31 putts 7/12 scrambling and 2/3 sand saves. Take-aways: hit 3w from the 1st and 14th tees.
Ok tomorrow is the Friday comp at The Coast. I love that course and have played the comp about 4 times already.
I have most of my game plan mapped out but here are some objectives Iâ€™ve set out for myself tomorrow:
- Double Bogey (at most) the 1st hole. In four comps there I have yet to score a single stableford point on this hole, despite it being one of the few that gives me a shot back. Plan is to go something like 3i, 3i, picth / wedge and 2 putts, walk away with a 2 pointer and move on.
- Lay-up on the 7th: index 1 and a good contender for the prize for the stupidest hole design in all of NSW. Plan here is to try 3i, 9i, pitch / wedge. Tough driving hole though so Iâ€™ll see.
Other than that Iâ€™d like to score more than 30 pointsâ€¦. as I have not been too good on the scoring front on this course in ccompetition.
Finally, despite what goes on in the round I want to just keep my cool no matter what I score or how many balls I lose.
Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:33 AM
Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:24 AM
Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:12 AM
Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:28 AM
Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:59 PM
Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:13 AM
Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:38 AM
-- I shot 6 over for 36 points so happy with the overall result. -- Pulling the irons: OK onthe mid and ling irons, definitely failed on the shorter irons even pulling a PW into a water hasard that was far far away. -- teed off with 3W and got my bogey on the first hole. -- had 5x1 putts in the round for a total of 32 putts including a 3 stab for 8 GIR -- took 3w off the 14th, definitely the play here -- had 2 birdies including one on the index 1 hole -- aimed at green on 18th, tried to stripe it, pulled it a bit and got away with a two putt par -- stayed calm throughout! Not bad for a day's work. Overall result is good despite not capitalizing on two of the easiest holes (short par 5s), getting two bogeys including one after an OOB off the tee. Shot 2 over on the back with a disappointing 3 putt double bogey. Pulled too many PW and 9 irons.. need to see the pro to work on that On the plus side I drove the ball well apart from that one OOB left. Didnt push right all day and despite not hitting many fairways -none on the back 9) I was never far nor in trouble. Putting was pretty good and I drained two long putts, one 11m and one 6m for birdies. Stoked I birdied the index 1 7th for a 4 pointer.. that does not happen often. All together happy about the round and the way I played.
Some objectives for tomorrowâ€™s round at the Coast:
â€”shoot 9 or under. My 5 competition rounds there are 10, 10, 10, 11, 13.
â€”try and not pull my new irons (they definitley produce more draw than my previous set)
â€”3W off the first tee and go for bogey
â€”get a birdie. Iâ€™m birdie free over my last two rounds
â€”Get a one putt! God forbid I go two rounds without one-putting
â€”3W off the 14th tee and possibly 3w off the 17th
â€”If not windy then man up an just aim for the green off the 18th tee.
â€”Last but not least: stay calm.
Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:58 AM
The gap between 6 and scratch, although "only" six strokes seems as huge as the one that got me from 36ish down to 6. To be honest I've only ever played even par once and I do not think that aiming for a scratch handicap is reachable. I'm actually quite happy hitting in the 1-9 range :)
Well donâ€™t Max. Ticked all the right boxes. Sounds like a bit of work on the short irons and things are looking good.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users