1137 replies to this topic

#1 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

FORMER Sydney coach Paul Roos made it clear: It's only round five but ''right here and now'' the Swans are clearly one of the two best teams in the competition. The assessment comes after Sydney stunned Hawthorn on Sunday, to leave themselves and West Coast undefeated atop the ladder. ''Privately, the Swans were really happy with the game against Freo and against North, but you're always finding out about yourself along the way,'' Roos said. ''This was the game everyone wanted to watch, and ironically they probably watched from a Hawthorn point of view, and in the end they turned off the TV and went, 'Bloody hell, we turned it on to watch Hawthorn but, geez, Sydney are a good team'. ''The Swans would know it's a great win but equally they would know it's round five but you can only talk in the here and the now. They were hard, they were tough, they were physical, all the attributes of a really, really good team. They had multiple players coming in and out of the midfield, their coaching is really good, and they identify weakness in other teams. ''When you watched the Swans play yesterday you couldn't come away thinking they are anything but a very, very good football team. You are talking round five but I think the Swans and the Eagles are clearly the two best teams in the competition.

#2 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Shades of 2005 when the Swans and Eagles played off in one of the best Grand Finals ever, (best ever in my opinion). Sydney are proving this year you don't have to be the best team in the comp, you have to be the hardest team to beat! And you need to want it like your life depends on it.
  • AhBen likes this

#3 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

"If you build it, they will come." - and here I am. A great win on Sunday driven from the most underrated midfield in the comp. Kennedy is the smokey for this years Brownlow and young Luke Parker will be in the mix for one in the next 5 years. A "Blood-y" good thread DarthWack.

#4 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

JUDE Bolton's second half against Hawthorn on Sunday was a lesson in on-field leadership. At the beginning of both quarters the tough blond discarded his manners to push underneath the ruckmen and make sure he was the first midfielder to get his hands on the ball. He didn't always win clean possession but his actions and intent set the tone, and sparked the Swans' midfield. Playing with such presence is often underrated in football, but it is hard to ignore what Bolton did when it mattered. In that first 10 minutes of the second half Bolton was the leading possession winner on the ground. He had three kicks, two handballs, three handball receives, collected two contested possessions, three uncontested possessions and laid one tackle. Jude is a dominant midfielder now and with his strength and, stamina is almost un-tagable when you combine his ability to go forward.

#5 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Who would have picked the Horse, as a Coach to take over and do well? I watched John play for years, and supported him through 1996, and celebrated with him in 1999. He has always been a stand up guy. Good luck to The Swans, and their Rugby League style of the game. It makes sense considering they play in Sydney, but come September they will be over run again, on dry grounds, by teams who can kick the ball over their scrum like lines.

#6 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Shades of 2005 when the Swans and Eagles played off in one of the best Grand Finals ever, (best ever in my opinion).
Sydney are proving this year you don’t have to be the best team in the comp, you have to be the hardest team to beat! And you need to want it like your life depends on it.

Ping G15 Driver
Mac Powersphere Fairway wood
Titleist 17 Degree Rescue
Cobra S2 Irons
Ping Zing2 Sand Wedge
Mac Powersphere Lob Wedge
Odyssey No.7 Putter

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Your sorely confused with 2006. 2005 never ever happend. ;)

#7 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

No it was definitely 2005, swans finished 3rd at the end of the home and away. Winning the Grand Final by 3 points. Yep, that's absolutely the season I'm thinking of.

#8 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Rohan I am sure it did exist - the words "Leo Barry - you STAR" keep running through my head.

#9 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Rohan I am sure it did exist – the words “Leo Barry – you STAR” keep running through my head.

As a cricketer the Coverdrive was the hardest shot to master. As a golfer, I can achieve it with frustrating regularity.

Leo Barry does a great Superman!

#10 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

Rohan I am sure it did exist – the words “Leo Barry – you STAR” keep running through my head.

As a cricketer the Coverdrive was the hardest shot to master. As a golfer, I can achieve it with frustrating regularity.

Leo Barry does a great Superman!

Ping G15 Driver
Mac Powersphere Fairway wood
Titleist 17 Degree Rescue
Cobra S2 Irons
Ping Zing2 Sand Wedge
Mac Powersphere Lob Wedge
Odyssey No.7 Putter

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

I think you mean Superman does a great Leo Barry.

#11 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

There is a chance the Swans could be on top of the ladder by the end of the week end, the Swans have a good record against the Crows, and North could well beat the Westies. Fingers crossed.

#12 Coverdriver

Coverdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

It's funny Darth, Sydney have a good overall record against the crows, but the crows have won the last 3 games held at the SCG. It will be a great game, I will have to tape it (how dare my wife wanting to go out on her birthday).

#13 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Bugga, how come the crows play so good against the Swans, thought we had'em in the third quarter. Hope Goodes isn't injured to badly, but it didn't look good.

#14 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

oh my, a team moved the ball quickly and then kicked the ball long and beat you.

#15 DarthWack

DarthWack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Yeh thanks a heap iRON-MiCK, made my day losing to your Crows. I could think of worse teams to lose to though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users