#16 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7283 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Details of the shank please Malv, love hearing about them.

the greatest game ever played
First Life Member of the Secret Squirrel Society.
SEQ Captain.

LOL........a mate had 6 i a row in a bunker on Saturday (5 marker) **** it was funny. Malvern, mate get the putting under control and you're away, those other stats are pretty good. The only advice i ever give on putting is to consider how firm your grip is on the putter, i only think about having a very light grip on the putter and that's all. have fixed many golfers putting woes with this simple thought. apart from that i got nothin !!! Deano

#17 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Deano, Thanks mate, you may be onto something, will try and put it into play. I think sometimes I grip the putter tighter than a Kiwi (not ours) who is about to part with a tenner. The putting stats whilst a reflection of god awful putting are also a function of very poor chipping which I have gone some way to fix (work in progress)

#18 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24013 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

yep i was thinkn too many putts as well, try rolling the ball not hitting it mate

#19 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3912 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

Tal,

If I don’t start turning potential scores into actual we can start comparing our games as we will both be off 12 :)

lmao you will be fired up next round probably shoot par

#20 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

I agree with the chipping quote. Often a poor putting total has more to do with every first putt being 15 foot away (at least). Often overlooked when considering poor putting, for myself anyway.

#21 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

BCup, over to your former neck of the woods in a couple of months. have a game at Riviera organised as well as Pasatiempo and California GC. Working on Pebble at the moment.

Tim, trust you are right, you would lose your lunch watching me chip at the moment.

Awesome mate, you'll have a ball. Pasatiempo is fantastic and Pebble is simply a must play just to say you've been there. Pasatiempo is probably a more enjoyable and challenging course in my opinion though. How did you manage to get a slot at Riveria? That will be awesome as well I imagine. When are you heading over?

#22 Codboy

Codboy

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7283 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

Deano,

Thanks mate, you may be onto something, will try and put it into play. I think sometimes I grip the putter tighter than a Kiwi (not ours) who is about to part with a tenner.

The putting stats whilst a reflection of god awful putting are also a function of very poor chipping which I have gone some way to fix (work in progress)

Great point on the poor chipping pushing up putting strokes. you would know yourself what is the issue, you would be walking off the course cursing about how many short or crap putts or cursing how poorly you chipped. I notice if i strike the ball great and hit 12-13 greens my putts would be 32-34 probably and if i carve it it would be 28 or 30 at worse, i'm currently putting my arse off and chipping like an idiot, even going to chipping with a hybrid if there are no bunkers to negotiate, so i need to look at my chipping for sure. too lazy to practice though hehe Are you missing short 2 ft putts and how are your long lag putts ?

#23 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

BCup, over to your former neck of the woods in a couple of months. have a game at Riviera organised as well as Pasatiempo and California GC. Working on Pebble at the moment.

Tim, trust you are right, you would lose your lunch watching me chip at the moment.

Awesome mate, you’ll have a ball. Pasatiempo is fantastic and Pebble is simply a must play just to say you’ve been there. Pasatiempo is probably a more enjoyable and challenging course in my opinion though.

How did you manage to get a slot at Riveria? That will be awesome as well I imagine. When are you heading over?

Mate, I'm pumped, we head over in about a month. Pebble is just too expensive to boook ahead with the US Open the week after. They want us to stay 2 nights ($2300 with golf). We are going to chance our arm and probably play as singles for one day if we can get on. My mate has the Riviera and other contacts, I'm doin' nowt but really looking fwd to it.

#24 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Deano,

Are you missing short 2 ft putts and how are your long lag putts ?

http://www.golflink.com.au/...
There’s a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Mate, I'm non denominational, happy to miss from any distance. My weak effort on short putts is left which suggests I decel. I probably do since I get stuff from the boys like "fcuk that's a horrible decel". No golf this week until Inter Club at Royal Sydney on Sunday. In what can only be considered a case of extreme charity, I got a spot playing number eight, presumably because there wasn't a nine. I know people don't like RS but I think it's a cracking course, i love 17 and 18, hope I make it that far.

#25 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

After all these years and still can't use the quote correctly. Muppet.

#26 MaxB

MaxB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yes RS does get a pretty bad rep here. I agree with you though it's a good course, well maintained with some holes that I think have a great design (I like all their par3s for example), h and it definitely plays tougher than most of the public Sydney courses I usually play on. Good luck on your journey btw! Ican relate as I'm in roughly the same spot: trying not to inevitably blow out too far or too fast. Re: putting: have you considered putting lessons with your pro?

#27 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

13/5/12 : Inter Club Pennants Location : Royal Sydney Conditions: Horrid with the wind whipping out of the south Result: Lost 5/3 Synopsis: Awful and sacked for next weeks game. Hit it left all day going out in a right to left wind, this is dire on the first five at Royal Sydney. Was 3 down through 5, lost six due to a 3 jab, 8 to a birdie and made a week bogey on 9 to turn 6 down. Played better the back as I finally hit some fairways, got back to 3 down and then 3 jibbed the Par 3 14th. One of those days, never handled the conditions. NSW tomorrow, hope the wind dies down.

#28 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

02/06/12: Monthly Medal location: Manly Golf Club Conditions: Wet underfoot, intermittant rain, no wind Result: 80 net 71 Synopsis:Relief Have started chewing into my run of flagged rounds so needed something good to happen. Hit it well all day off the tee so had plenty of chances. Bogied the last for 1 over the back nine. GIR: 7/18 Fairways: 12/14 Putts: 33. More a reflection of not chipping it close. Shanks: 1

#29 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

11/06/12: Stableford (2nd round, On Tour Challenge) Location: Pebble Beach GC, Blue tees Conditions: Best day possible on a golf course, sunny, not too hot, perfect blue sky, no wind, nobody in front of us. Result: 33 points Synopsis: Could have been better, putter recalcitrant. GIR: 8 Putts: 37 Up and Downs: 1/8 Shanks: 0 Fantastic day, think the 8th hole summed it up, 427 yard Par 4 up over the hill then over the ocean to a small green, brilliant hole. You need to play a 3 wood down the left side, smoked it straight over the driving rock. Left with 192m to the pin, ocean right, 3 iron comes out of the centre, never wavers from the pin. Left with 25 ft up the hill to a back hole, leave it short and right, lip out on a 4 footer, just gutting, especially after missing similar on 7.

#30 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39323 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Living the dream, Malv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users