- Play Golf - Links Hope Island 30 Nov 2014
- Play Golf Voucher - Arundel Hills Country Club 30 Nov 2014
- Play Golf Voucher – Burleigh Golf Club 30 Nov 2014
- Indooroopilly GC - 2 players incl cart $90 31 Oct 2014
- Play Golf Voucher- Brookwater Golf Club - QLD 31 Oct 2014
- Wakehurst Golf Club: 2 players w/cart (M-F) @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Nov 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Dec 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 30 Nov 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Nov 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA (2@ $99 inc/cart) 30 Nov 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links (2 for $39 walking) 31 Oct 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Nov 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Avalon Public Golf Course - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0) 18 Holes Walking no motorised carts available. pull buggies only
- Riverside Oaks Golf Resort - $70 (Save 20%) (WAS $88.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- The Links - Shell Cove - $9 (Save 84%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- The Links - Shell Cove - $19 (Save 67%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Phillip Island Golf Club - $29 (Save 27%) (WAS $40.0) 18 Holes Walking
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $49.5 (Save 28%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
2nd course at St Andrews beach
Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:10 AM
Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:52 AM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM
Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:47 AM
Yeah good points Gaz - I really enjoy the track but it is a toughish walk and the end just brains you! I dont really care about the clubhouse etc. As long as the beer is cold and I have a place to park my arse then I am happy. But I can understand a lot of others prefer more than that.
Bernie, I think as a complete golf day out, it struggles to match the other courses in the area for a couple of reasons.
The course layout does not help, as there is no pitstop in between 9â€™s, whereas all the other courses, Moonah, Dunes, etc have a rest stop half way around.
At St.AB, once you leave the clubhouse thatâ€™s pretty much it for the next four or five hours, and the drinks cart is not always out and about. While the guys in the pro shop always do as much as possible to make you feel welcome, it is not the sort of inviting environment where youâ€™re likely to spend any amount of time either pre or post round.
The course itself is great, yet if youâ€™re walking, itâ€™s a long hike up hill and down dale, and in between holes, and the hillclimb after finishing the 18th really just finishes you off.
The layout too, while I enjoy it, tends to be a pretty solitary environment, in that you donâ€™t tend to see too many others on course, eg, youâ€™re not really passing people coming the other way at any stage.
Then there is the ever present wind and sometimes rain, which tends to add to the fatigue factor, so by the time you do get to the end, youâ€™re pretty well knackered and just looking for either a good lie down, or a hot shower to warm up.
With the clubhouse being something that is less than glamorous, itâ€™s membership numbers (Gunnamatta Golf Club) I would suspect are quite low in comparison to the other courses, so that you donâ€™t have a bar full of people to sit and chat with after the game.
If you just like youâ€™re golf though, its a cracker of a course, but if you want the whole club â€śenvironmentâ€ť, then youâ€™ll naturally look elsewhere in the area I guess.
Its a shame really, as I really enjoy playing there, and you can always have a good laugh with the guys down there.
Birdie â€“ â€śThe ball of many milesâ€ť,St. Andrews Beach 2011
Longdrive Champion â€™11-Growling Frog
Longdrive Champion A Grade â€™12-Waterford Valley
Shot 69, using 68â€™s â€“ 26/12/11.
Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:01 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users