- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Sep 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Black Bull Golf Club 31 Aug 2014
- Winter Weekend Special at Golfers Resort and Glenn McCully Golf Schools Yarrawonga 31 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($49 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($55 w/cart) 30 Aug 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($19 walking) 30 Aug 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Aug 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Ashgrove Golf Club Sunday special - 2 players 18 holes incl cart only $35pp!
- The Links - Shell Cove - $25 (Save 57%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart I seek Special Rate. Dress Code applies. Not applicable with any other promotion
- Cheltenham Golf Club - $15 (Save 0%) (WAS $15.0) 18 Holes Walking $15 for as many holes as you can play! Collared shirt required. Carts available from the club. Please call the Pro Shop on 9583 2567.
- Vincentia Golf Club - $28 (Save 53%) (WAS $60.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart This rate is for 2 sharing a cart includes 18 Holes for 2 and Cart
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club (River) - $25 (Save 50%) (WAS $50.0) 18 Holes Walking Note: We operate on Daylight Savings Time (DST). All bookings made are in DST times (NSW)
- Cypress Lakes - $49 incl cart Special iseekgolf price at $49pp 18hole incl cart every Mon, Tues, Thu!!
2nd course at St Andrews beach
Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:10 AM
Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:36 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:52 AM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 PM
Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 PM
Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:47 AM
Yeah good points Gaz - I really enjoy the track but it is a toughish walk and the end just brains you! I dont really care about the clubhouse etc. As long as the beer is cold and I have a place to park my arse then I am happy. But I can understand a lot of others prefer more than that.
Bernie, I think as a complete golf day out, it struggles to match the other courses in the area for a couple of reasons.
The course layout does not help, as there is no pitstop in between 9â€™s, whereas all the other courses, Moonah, Dunes, etc have a rest stop half way around.
At St.AB, once you leave the clubhouse thatâ€™s pretty much it for the next four or five hours, and the drinks cart is not always out and about. While the guys in the pro shop always do as much as possible to make you feel welcome, it is not the sort of inviting environment where youâ€™re likely to spend any amount of time either pre or post round.
The course itself is great, yet if youâ€™re walking, itâ€™s a long hike up hill and down dale, and in between holes, and the hillclimb after finishing the 18th really just finishes you off.
The layout too, while I enjoy it, tends to be a pretty solitary environment, in that you donâ€™t tend to see too many others on course, eg, youâ€™re not really passing people coming the other way at any stage.
Then there is the ever present wind and sometimes rain, which tends to add to the fatigue factor, so by the time you do get to the end, youâ€™re pretty well knackered and just looking for either a good lie down, or a hot shower to warm up.
With the clubhouse being something that is less than glamorous, itâ€™s membership numbers (Gunnamatta Golf Club) I would suspect are quite low in comparison to the other courses, so that you donâ€™t have a bar full of people to sit and chat with after the game.
If you just like youâ€™re golf though, its a cracker of a course, but if you want the whole club â€śenvironmentâ€ť, then youâ€™ll naturally look elsewhere in the area I guess.
Its a shame really, as I really enjoy playing there, and you can always have a good laugh with the guys down there.
Birdie â€“ â€śThe ball of many milesâ€ť,St. Andrews Beach 2011
Longdrive Champion â€™11-Growling Frog
Longdrive Champion A Grade â€™12-Waterford Valley
Shot 69, using 68â€™s â€“ 26/12/11.
Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:01 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users