51 replies to this topic

#1 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1634 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

I popped in to Par3 Indoor Golf in Canning Vale today (April 2012) and my mates and I were impressed. 4 bays, each with a simulator and projector etc. We got a quick demo from a staffer of a par 4, as well as the practise facilities like driving range, chipping, and they've got maybe 25 courses like Pebble Beach, Doral, Torey Pines....sadly I didn't see Augusta on the list :-( They've apparently been open since November 2011. Sadly the driving range and normal play don't offer the "comet tail" to track the ball flight in real time, but can do after the shot is complete. But it does offer shot analysis of things like smash factor, launch angle, ball and clubhead speed, clubhead path and impact angles etc to analyse a fade or a draw. The graphics were okay, the computers are touch screen and easy to navigate and operate, and my friends and I are enthused to try it out. It's open from 10am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays. So I could even pop in after the kids go to bed! As you're not walking or spending time looking for lost balls, you get through a round pretty quickly, 4 people for 9 holes takes an hour apparently. They apparently have lots of people use it as a self-analysing driving range, and they also have League nights. Sounds like fun. When my mates and I go I'll report back. Any other Perthies had a crack here yet? http://par3indoorgolf.com.au/ I also found a website for The Golf Clinic in Como which uses the aboutGolf simulator. This simulator is so accurate that Luke DOnald has one in his house for practise and he loves it. Anyone been there? Looks like the emphasis is heavily on coaching and analysis rather than fun with stats thrown in if you wish. http://www.thegolfcl...m.au/index.html

#2 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1761 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

Its the new rage, check this one out... Golf Arena

#3 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14300 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Wow what more is there to say, come on Queensland.

#4 4for4

4for4

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Yeah have been there Mub, the game play is pretty good. Myself and a mate played the pebble beach course in 1.5 hours without even trying to hard. One tip is to watch the screen after you have played your shot, it will pop with "Distance left to hole" before it goes over to the other player. If you see that then you can get your club selection done before your turn arrives and keep things moving along. The only downside to the simulator was putting, we both found it very hard to get the distance control right. If you have time left after your round, try the smash the windows game, good sound fx and was good fun. Oh and you can take your own beers and they put in the fridge for you and serve when requested. Pizza's are good too ...

#5 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1634 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Pity they don't have Augusta but when we saw Pebble Beach we were sold :-) Can't wait to try it for something different.

#6 4for4

4for4

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yeah true, but there was a pretty good selection. From memory Torey Pines, Doral, one of the Hawaii courses (Princeville?) , Bethpage black, Spyglass, Bay hill and the Domenican one that comes up as wallpaper gets the accolades of the owners there. Plenty to keep us happy though. One other gripe we had was the cost, we had 2 hours for the two of us which cost us $50 each. I guess it is reasonable given the high quality of tthe set up but when we were finished we sat back and said "we could have had the real thing for less". Something for one of those bad weather days i guess when you don't really feel like braving the elements

#7 Eldwin

Eldwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

But you've got to pay at least 10x as much for the green fees for Pebble Beach alone. :P

#8 4for4

4for4

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

yeah true but i would be happy to pay as much to get onto a course so special like all virtual reality things i have experienced it just leaves a bit of an empty feeling after, not quite the fulfillment of the real thing. But as i said a pretty good substitute for a pineapple

#9 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1634 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

For 3+ players it costs $20 per person per hour, in 2 hours I think they said 4 people could do more than 9, less than 18 depending on how much time you spend hitting and how much time you spend drinking and chatting :-) It takes my foursome 2 hours to do 9 holes at our local course as we are all high handicappers, and costs me $16. I can't afford $40 regularly, but I'll definitely give it a go in winter at some stage. Btw their course list is:
PEBBLE BEACH®, CALIFORNIA Pebble Beach Golf Links® has been the site of golf’s most prestigious tournaments, including five U.S. Open Championships and the 2010 U.S. Open. CASA DE CAMPO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Pete Dye’s classic Teeth of the Dog ranked as the No.1 course in the Caribbean and 43rd in the top 100 courses, worldwide, by Golf Magazine. BAY HILL, ORLANDO FL The Bay Hill Club & Lodge in Orlando Florida is Arnold Palmer’s winter home and host course for the Arnold Palmer Invitational. HARBOUR TOWN, HILTON HEAD, SC The Harbour Town Golf Links course is located in the Sea Pines Plantation of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Golf Magazine has rated the course No.1 in South Carolina. Architect Pete Dye designed the course with help from Jack Nicklaus. SPYGLASS HILL, PEBBLE BEACH, CA The PGA TOUR®, consistently lists Spyglass Hill’s holes 6, 8 and 16 among the toughest on the TOUR, and during the 1999 US Amateur, the stroke average of the field during medal play was in excess of 79. KIAWAH ISLAND, CHARLESTON, SC In 2012 Kiawah Island Golf Resort will host the 94th PGA Championship, only the fourth course to host each of the PGA of America’s major championships. The Ocean Course just ranked 25th in Golf Digest’s 100 Greatest U.S. Golf Courses List and 4th on Best Public Course List. TROON NORTH, SCOTTSDALE, AZ The Monument course was designed by the team of legendary golfer Tom Weiskopf and architect, Jay Morrish. It stretches to 7,028 yards and is a par 72. With wide fairways that wind through lush desert vegetation, natural washes and towering saguaros. The course was listed as No. 8 in America’s Top 100 Non-Private Golf Courses by Golf Magazine. BANFF SPRINGS, BANFF, AB The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course is a mountain course with challenging layout set in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. WOODEN STICKS, UXBRIDGE, ON Wooden Sticks, architect Mr. Ron Garl and his team worked diligently to ensure that every aspect of the golf experience reflects the spirit found in some of today’s most famous golf holes. 12 of the 18 holes at Wooden Sticks were each inspired by a different famous golf hole from the PGA TOUR®, including Augusta and TPC Sawgrass. TORREY PINES, SAN DIEGO, CA Torrey Pines golf course is located on the coastal bluffs of the Torrey Pines Mesa in La Jolla, CA a Southern California coastal community. Both Torrey Pines Golf Courses are Championship 18-hole golf courses and are played by PGA TOUR® professionals. DORAL BLUE MONSTER, MIAMI FL The Blue Monster at Doral played host to the Doral Open on the PGA Tour from 1962 to 2006. The famous 18th hole, with its signature fountain, was ranked by GOLF Magazine as one of the Top 100 Holes in the World. PINEHURST NO. 2, VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, NC Pinehurst has been the site of more championships than any other golf course in the country. Pinehurst welcomes the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open Championships in 2014. NICKLAUS NORTH, WHISTLER, BC Winner of numerous awards since its opening in 1996, Nicklaus North has played host to events such as the Skins Game and the Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf, welcoming some of golf’s biggest names such as Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo, Ernie Els, Greg Norman, Fred Couples, John Daly, Vijay Singh and Stephen Ames. SPANISH BAY, PEBBLE BEACH, CA The Links at Spanish Bay was built on vast sandy wasteland ideally suited for creating a true links-style course. Development began in 1985, and was planned to protect the native dunes habitat. BETHPAGE BLACK, LONG ISLAND, NY The Bethpage Black Course is the most difficult of the five golf courses at Bethpage State Park on Long Island. In 2002 the Black Course became the first publicly owned and operated course to host the U.S. Open. It also hosted the 2009 U.S. Open. PGA NATIONAL, PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL PGA National Golf Club, the home of the Professional Golfers’ Association of America, is located at the PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The Golf Club facilities include four championship, 18-hole golf courses within PGA National. RICH HARVEST FARMS, SUGAR GROVE, IL Rich Harvest Farms is a private, 18-hole, 1,800-acre golf course and country club near Sugar Grove, Illinois. The golf course is an extreme test of a golfer’s skill. Measuring well over 7,700 yards from the professional tees, the course requires precision with every shot. The famous fourth hole, Devil’s Elbow, has one of the most intimidating tree-lined tee boxes and fairways of any golf course. PRINCEVILLE, PRINCEVILLE, HI Hawaii’s No.1 Golf Course. This 18-hole, par 72 golf course climbs, slopes and careens down hills as a demanding layout that calls for your best-planned shots.

#10 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1634 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Par3 use the HD Golf simulator technology. I was wondering how sturdy those backdrops need to be to survive being peppered with high speed golf balls. And I came across this video. Ball speed 200mph. This guy would drive his tee further than I can drive my ball

#11 Eldwin

Eldwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

That's true 4 for 4. Couple of my mates tried and they said the real one is still better. Not sure if they want to go back, but I suppose I'll give it a go too if they do. Looks like winter will be the best time for it. lol

#12 Par3IndoorGolf

Par3IndoorGolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Par 3 Indoor Golf does offer comet tails and ball flash during driving and normal play. It is an option on the system that you can select. Next time you are in we are happy to show you. Regards, The Team at Par 3 Indoor Golf 6258 5935

#13 Johnraf

Johnraf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Par 3 Indoor Golf does offer comet tails and ball flash during driving and normal play. It is an option on the system that you can select. Next time you are in we are happy to show you.

Regards,

The Team at Par 3 Indoor Golf
6258 5935

Australia’s First High Definition Simulated Indoor Golf facility with Cafe. We have available four booths, 18 world class courses, driving ranges, fun games. Play golf indoors on one of the High Definition Golf Simulators. par3indoorgolf.com.au

Good to know, thanks for the input.

#14 Mububban

Mububban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1634 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I was told that they weren't available in normal play, but great to hear, it'll make my super slices easier to track hahaha :-) Planning on hitting Pebble Beach with some mates in June if all goes to plan.

#15 AB_Uncut

AB_Uncut

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

Heres a couple of other fun simulator ones for you Mububban.... 237mph ball speed... Watch the ball come back...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users