174 replies to this topic

#1 ClarkEE

ClarkEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Has anyone heard of these guys before? http://www.vggolfclubs.com/ Looking at the prices I am assuming its a dodgy website. Anyone used them or had any contact with them at all?
  • jpmzlbu, handeltav, Emibiomia and 2 others like this

#2 Th_mper

Th_mper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

registered in china so you be the judge

#3 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Pretty easy answer, the website is domained in China. Look like dog ****, smell like dog ****, taste like dog ****, hmmm.....

#4 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3545 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

their clubs might be cheap but their balls are exorbitant.......6 plastic practice balls for $49.99......wtf??????

#5 ClarkEE

ClarkEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, right. Thanks. Where do you get the information on where the domain name is registered?

#6 Th_mper

Th_mper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.

#7 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11213 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Lets keep this thread going for all dodgy site questions. With the amount of questions on this topic we should have a sticky thread to collect and disperse all questions.

#8 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Useful listing of known Dodgy sites here. Not comprehensive, as a new one pops up every day, but nevertheless a good reference, and it does get updated from time to time; http://fakegolfclubs...10/07/#fakelist

#9 Lachymac

Lachymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Can we have a list of all the Legit online stores in Australia at the top of the page? Stop all those dopes from asking every time they think a deal is a little too good to be true.

#10 ClarkEE

ClarkEE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

None taken Lachymac.

#11 Lachymac

Lachymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

None taken Lachymac.

hit it where you can see it.

Haha I was actually referring to the people that ask if places like GCO, Squizzies and Golf Box sell fake gear when everyone knows they are all well reputed Australian stores. Rather than the other way around.

#12 happytogolf

happytogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

I was going to post this site the other day and then I thought, nah why bother all I will get is lots of "if it's too good to be true" and "spam" replies. But it does look like a nice site that will get a lot of people. Www.golfdisountsshop.com I even know a couple of people who have ordered! They claim that business is so slow in hong kong that these deals are real. I sent Mizuno an email and they replied that the price was below any Mizuno price that an authorised dealer could make money.

#13 trustyrusty

trustyrusty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hi - I found a few sites - I can't remember the name worldclubdiscounts - one said there clubs were copies , some said they are not, It is hard to know until you buy?

#14 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I was going to post this site the other day and then I thought, nah why bother all I will get is lots of “if it’s too good to be true” and “spam” replies. But it does look like a nice site that will get a lot of people.

Www.golfdisountsshop.com

I even know a couple of people who have ordered!

They claim that business is so slow in hong kong that these deals are real.

I sent Mizuno an email and they replied that the price was below any Mizuno price that an authorised dealer could make money.

All fakes. The site is only a couple of weeks old, there seems to be a new one every day.

#15 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hi – I found a few sites – I can’t remember the name worldclubdiscounts – one said there clubs were copies , some said they are not, It is hard to know until you buy?

I can't find anything like that name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users