Lord Giney McHookshank

Live Long and Two in the Pink...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2000 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum,

yep they all have hybrids

... and the straight men are playing with their extra stiff shafts….
Of course you know what men playing with their stiff shafts are called…?

How can you correctly spell GOLF when it begins with a tee?

Kiwis ?

If ignorance is bliss, there should be more happy people….
Ed Rayner

Goldys?

#17 McCoy

McCoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sms316 You are scratching your head about how anyone could find your post dodgy. I find this ironic. I haven't read it or know what you are on about re sportswomen but I will say that as a Catholic I find your avatar offensive This discussion makes me think that maybe its you pal, maybe its you .

#18 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Mekat, straight women do play competitive sport, but not many make it to the elite level, in a number of sports. There is a theory that to succeed at the highest level these women had higher testosterone levels, which in turn made them act more like men, which in turn made them sexually attracted to women. Intuitively makes sense, and from memory research has been done around this. And surely nobody believes that AFL, NRL and A-League are exclusively heterosexual. The I love myself-erotic undertones in these sports can be very off-putting for a straight guy. The NRL gang banging being a more extreme example.

#19 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Sms316
You are scratching your head about how anyone could find your post dodgy. I find this ironic.
I haven’t read it or know what you are on about re sportswomen but I will say that as a Catholic I find your avatar offensive
This discussion makes me think that maybe its you pal, maybe its you .

You are going to hell, sms, straight to hell. Do not pass go, do not collect any rewards, straight to hell.:) You may meet quite a feww Popes down there, maybe you can teach them how to play golf:)

#20 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27079 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Sms316
You are scratching your head about how anyone could find your post dodgy. I find this ironic.
I haven’t read it or know what you are on about re sportswomen but I will say that as a Catholic I find your avatar offensive

I agree McCoy, as catholic I also find it offensive, I did resolve to leave the ppl of OG alone but new year resolutions never last long do they.SMS you'r past your use by date.

#21 Goodbye

Goodbye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

As a Catholic I am fine with his avatar. The Pope has always been fair game, hence the expression for Pete's sake.

#22 Not_a_clue

Not_a_clue

Not-A-Clue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationChiang Mai, Thailand

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

If you look back in history, there have been Popes who were hanged (killed) and a lot more that should have been. The Catholic religion has a lot to answer for and I'm one of them!

#23 Goodbye

Goodbye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Why stop at just Catholics having a lot to answer for?

#24 Not_a_clue

Not_a_clue

Not-A-Clue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationChiang Mai, Thailand

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Why stop at just Catholics having a lot to answer for?

Haywood Jablome
Male, 24, Western Siberia.
Handicap- 36.

True. But its only Catholics I can speak about since I'm one.

#25 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum,

yep they all have hybrids

... and the straight men are playing with their extra stiff shafts….
Of course you know what men playing with their stiff shafts are called…?

grouse aussies..

#26 MonkeyFlaps

MonkeyFlaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sms316

Religion deserves to have the piss taken out of it. It's all fiction anyway.

#27 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

Mekat, straight women do play competitive sport, but not many make it to the elite level, in a number of sports.

There is a theory that to succeed at the highest level these women had higher testosterone levels, which in turn made them act more like men, which in turn made them sexually attracted to women. Intuitively makes sense, and from memory research has been done around this.

And surely nobody believes that AFL, NRL and A-League are exclusively heterosexual. The I love myself-erotic undertones in these sports can be very off-putting for a straight guy. The NRL gang banging being a more extreme example.

Intuitively makes sense, and from memory research has been done around this? Intuitively to who? and it is generally THEORISED that PRE-NATAL hormones MAY effect the sexual preference of the developing person. If raised testosterone levels caused straight women to become lesbian, then most post-menopausal women on HRT would be gay. Kit, levels of testosterone are not indicative of sexual preference or emotional desire. A woman with a higher level of testosterone may be lesbian. bi, or straight. Taking your theory to its logical conclusion, only men with higher levels of testosterone (within the general male range) would be straight. gay men would have low levels of testosterone... unfounded unproven lunacy!

#28 MonkeyFlaps

MonkeyFlaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

I think sms is simply playing the age old game that automatically questions the sexuality (or femininity) of any woman who plays sport… especially sports also played by men.

This is male insecurity at its base…. or a male fantasy?

Women’s Tennis, Women’s football (soccer, Aussie rules etc.), women’s golf etc. accused of harbouring lesbians, as if being lesbian is a crime and they all need to be found and exposed… ...
But we are lead to believe that all-male sport is exclusively heterosexual… you have GOT to be kidding me.

I have a surprise for you all… straight women play competitive sport, gay men play competitive sport. transgender people play competitive sport. lesbians play competitive sport… but it is generally the straight men who think that they (and only they) should be able to play competitive sport.

For those who think that the NRL, AFL, and the A League are all exclusively heterosexual, and that women go to the football just to ogle the guys – you are living in Cuckoo land.

I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum, as there are straight men, bisexual men, straight women, bi women, lesbians, intersex, trans-people… who knows, who cares… or should care!!!

Mekat, Is the number of lesbians on tour was higher than in the rest of society? Heresay would suggest that there is, but it has never been confirmed. As far as I know, only the ALPG Tour has a transgender professional athlete in Mianne Bagger. I reckon I could list five lesbians on tour quite easily. Apart from Field Hockey, I don't know of any other sport with such a stigma about gay athletes.

#29 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

My questions is, Why is it an issue? Maybe there are a higher percentage of lesbians or bi women on the various international golf tours... or the tennis tours... Does it matter? and if so, WHY? Mianne Bagger also plays on the LET. The LPGA policies have changed only recently to come into line with the IOC policy on transgender competitors. Why is lesbianism - whether actual or perceived - so much of an issue... or threat? and it seems to be a bigger thing to men rather than women... for the LPGA it is an image thing... how it looks to a male dominated society, that controls the media and sponsorship... The issue of who or where lesbians are is one of male insecurity or fantasy.... in my opinion.

#30 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

My questions is, Why is it an issue?
Maybe there are a higher percentage of lesbians or bi women on the various international golf tours… or the tennis tours… Does it matter? and if so, WHY?

Mianne Bagger also plays on the LET. The LPGA policies have changed only recently to come into line with the IOC policy on transgender competitors.

Why is lesbianism – whether actual or perceived – so much of an issue… or threat? and it seems to be a bigger thing to men rather than women… for the LPGA it is an image thing… how it looks to a male dominated society, that controls the media and sponsorship…

The issue of who or where lesbians are is one of male insecurity or fantasy…. in my opinion.

Aren't you at the source of the problem. You have gone from why does it matter to conceding that media and sponsorship are important to the LPGA, so somewhat agreeing it does matter on the assumption of some cause and effect. My guess is the LPGA won't change social mores in the foreseeable future so without pandering to any perceived prejudices it would make some sense to deal with the issues they have rather than keeping their head in the sand. If lesbianism is an issue with sponsors, who knows, why not either embrace it or at least address it. Conscious I dont want to put you as spokesperson for the LPGA or "does it matter". Whether the discussion is useful or not, maybe SMS's question could be addressed where it was asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users