174 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeyFlaps

MonkeyFlaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Seriously? Who deleted my post to the ALPG? I've always found lesbians very interesting and wondered why women's sport has always hidden it. Unless I am mistaken, the question was worded with sensitivity.

#2 Barbara123

Barbara123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

You posted that question to the CEO of the ALPG who is a guest in the forum. Do you actually expect him to have a conversation about it? Forum Rules - Sexually suggestive images and posts will be heavily scrutinized. Member will be banned without warning.

#3 MonkeyFlaps

MonkeyFlaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Discussing lesbians is not sexually suggestive in that context.

#4 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27079 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

To think we thought you had changed.

#5 Goodbye

Goodbye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

I didn't see the post, but I would suggest that it was neither offensive or crude. Sms does not engage in such behaviour.

#6 MonkeyFlaps

MonkeyFlaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Interesting article. Seems in the last 10 years not much has changed. http://observer.guar...,482447,00.html
Haines thinks there's a difference between the LPGA wanting fans to behave appropriately, however, and it living in the real world. 'I think probably about half the players are lesbian, but only one, Muffin [Spencer-Devlin, now retired] has stepped up to the plate and come out. It's a difficult situation, because sponsors' dollars are vital and they don't want to be associated with lesbians, so the players aren't encouraged to be themselves.' In fact, over its 50-year history, the LPGA has always been associated with gay women, far more than any other sport, which probably has as much to do with its ridiculous closetedness as with the facts Ð the less you say about it, the more it's assumed. So what about the LPGA's attempts to downplay or even deny there are lesbians in the sport? 'I find it comical, because everyone knows,' says Haines.

#7 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27079 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

Interesting article. Seems in the last 10 years not much has changed.

http://observer.guardian.co...

Haines thinks there’s a difference between the LPGA wanting fans to behave appropriately, however, and it living in the real world. ‘I think probably about half the players are lesbian, but only one, Muffin [Spencer-Devlin, now retired] has stepped up to the plate and come out. It’s a difficult situation, because sponsors’ dollars are vital and they don’t want to be associated with lesbians, so the players aren’t encouraged to be themselves.’

In fact, over its 50-year history, the LPGA has always been associated with gay women, far more than any other sport, which probably has as much to do with its ridiculous closetedness as with the facts Ð the less you say about it, the more it’s assumed. So what about the LPGA’s attempts to downplay or even deny there are lesbians in the sport? ‘I find it comical, because everyone knows,’ says Haines.

The internet is a playground

so what the money is obviously more important to them, as well as that it's no ones business other than the individual.

#8 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

I didn’t see the post, but I would suggest that it was neither offensive or crude. Sms does not engage in such behaviour.

Og blinkers at work

#9 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27079 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

I didn’t see the post, but I would suggest that it was neither offensive or crude. Sms does not engage in such behaviour.

Og blinkers at work

4 MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree kiwi

#10 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

WHAT DOES IT MATTER? I think sms is simply playing the age old game that automatically questions the sexuality (or femininity) of any woman who plays sport... especially sports also played by men. This is male insecurity at its base.... or a male fantasy? Women's Tennis, Women's football (soccer, Aussie rules etc.), women's golf etc. accused of harbouring lesbians, as if being lesbian is a crime and they all need to be found and exposed... ... But we are lead to believe that all-male sport is exclusively heterosexual... you have GOT to be kidding me. I have a surprise for you all... straight women play competitive sport, gay men play competitive sport. transgender people play competitive sport. lesbians play competitive sport... but it is generally the straight men who think that they (and only they) should be able to play competitive sport. For those who think that the NRL, AFL, and the A League are all exclusively heterosexual, and that women go to the football just to ogle the guys - you are living in Cuckoo land. I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum, as there are straight men, bisexual men, straight women, bi women, lesbians, intersex, trans-people... who knows, who cares... or should care!!!

#11 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum,
yep they all have hybrids

#12 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27079 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

I think sms is simply playing the age old game that automatically questions the sexuality (or femininity) of any woman who plays sport… especially sports also played by men.

This is male insecurity at its base…. or a male fantasy?

Women’s Tennis, Women’s football (soccer, Aussie rules etc.), women’s golf etc. accused of harbouring lesbians, as if being lesbian is a crime and they all need to be found and exposed… ...
But we are lead to believe that all-male sport is exclusively heterosexual… you have GOT to be kidding me.

I have a surprise for you all… straight women play competitive sport, gay men play competitive sport. transgender people play competitive sport. lesbians play competitive sport… but it is generally the straight men who think that they (and only they) should be able to play competitive sport.

For those who think that the NRL, AFL, and the A League are all exclusively heterosexual, and that women go to the football just to ogle the guys – you are living in Cuckoo land.

I have no doubt that there are gay men on this forum, as there are straight men, bisexual men, straight women, bi women, lesbians, intersex, trans-people… who knows, who cares… or should care!!!

How can you correctly spell GOLF when it begins with a tee?

Well said Mekat.

#13 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

... and the straight men are playing with their extra stiff shafts.... Of course you know what men playing with their stiff shafts are called...?

#14 simonsez

simonsez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3153 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

I've seen far more interesting, intelligent and useful ISG members banned for far less in the past.Not sure why Madam leaves you alone sms316 , but it surely can't last forever.

#15 Lord Giney McHookshank

Lord Giney McHookshank

Live Long and Two in the Pink...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2000 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

... and the straight men are playing with their extra stiff shafts….
Of course you know what men playing with their stiff shafts are called…?

How can you correctly spell GOLF when it begins with a tee?

Kiwis ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users