666 replies to this topic

#1 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

Well another year another journey. This years goals to be more realistic and achievable. I will use the clubs I own in a 14 club or less setup to how I feel and it works. I will endeavor to score in the 90's but consistanly around 95. I will improve my fitness. I will get lessons. I will enjoy my golf, good or bad. I will play to my best.

#2 Justlearning

Justlearning

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

All the best AB in your goal for 2012. I'll keep you honest. Keep it posted

#3 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

Wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks mate. First years round will be with you.

#4 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14384 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Best of luck. Your very brave putting that in writing on this site, you know what I'll happen if you fall short, the vultures will be circling.

#5 parramatters

parramatters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

hard to set goals as life gets in the way i know what having 5 kids is like so I won't hold it to you. Just enjoy the game and you'll improve along the way. If you stop enjoying it have a break, if you are loving it try and play more, get the kids playing as well and you'll have more fun and be impatient at the same time lol that what happens to me anyway. Happy New Year AB!

#6 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Thanks Parra. Happy New Year to you aswell. I get the kids out (search 'kids golf?'). Youngest one was on course at 7 months. Two townships one hour south and one hour west have drive-in theaters that are still operational and golf courses. We sometimes do a drive-in, camp and golf weekend. Good fun.

#7 Peppas

Peppas

Panda Watch!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5982 posts
  • LocationKFC

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hopefully when I have kids I get them out on the course as much as you AB.

#8 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

Best thing ever. Sharing some activity with the kids you both enjoy. My Dad took us fishing. My two year old loves to go golfing. He has just recently started hitting them. Before he would walk on putting green with ball and putter and just be happy running after everyone else's putts.

#9 Weeti

Weeti

Eric "Otter" Stratton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17740 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Queensland

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

Have a great new year Alleginbow. Pray that 2012 is a wonderful year for you and your loved ones.

#10 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks Weety. Likewise. Will be watching the growth in the game you have and hope I can share some positives also. Bring on the '12

#11 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

My first outing of the new year. The day was postcard perfect as was the company. The scoring was unfortunately not but I got alot from the round. My first tee shot was a dropkick 5 wd about 120m down the fairway. lol. At least it was a fairway hit. My round was a 24 point stableford which is best described this way as with it being a social round I took the opportunity to break up a couple of holes. I put alot in the drink today as I seemed to be getting extra from a few shots. Adjusted to playing safer than safe but it was too late for today's round. I had two pitch shots that I duffed which bewildered me as it's my most practiced shot. The positives from today's round. Firstly, composure. I felt I worked through the round one shot at a time. I watched my bad shots to accept them. Then had a practice swing of mistake shot to reimage what should have been. I even lost swing/tempo mid round and although it was frustrating I kept composure. Although the score doesn't reflect it I had a very educational day that should have me in good position for future rounds.

#12 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationMaryborough Queensland

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Great stuff AB!!! I had a round just a couple of weeks ago where I felt like I had never played before and I was getting very angry at myself...... This does not make for an enjoyable round but then I just said Ok this round is stuffed so I'll hit everything I can with my 4i as I'm having trouble with that club. My last few holes I played great!! Stupid game sometimes! Have a great year AB I'm sure you will surprise even yourself!

#13 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Node and welcome back. Was getting worried you left us.

#14 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yesterday and today I got 9 holes in after work. Yesterdays round social of comp tees and today chook run off yellow. Yesterday was a out of the car and straight to the tee round. My first shot was a hook into the lake and most of the round I struggled to find a 'golfer' inside. I was able to break up a few holes and even bogeyed a hole with index 4. Today in the chook I had a few chips and putts before round and felt better prepared. From memory I went bogey, bogey, bogey, par(2 shot hcp hole so 4 points) bogey, bogey, double,bogey and then a wipe. 18 points. The last hole was a poor second shot choice which I just didn't recover from but almost a point a hole. Honestly if you had seen how I played the previous day you'd be amazed. The only difference was after viewing a clip of Luke Donaldson swing a mate sent me and noticing how he had the ball positioned on the club near the shaft and not centre of the face. I did a YouTube search on ball positioning to no evail but then came across Jack Nickolsons clip. He said about playing all shots from the inside heal. A loghtbulb went off for me as this was were I had previously positioned every club after seeing a Greg Norman video with the same suggestion. I know one round isn't a big tell tale but it was promising.

#15 Node

Node

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationMaryborough Queensland

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

This one looks good AB... Ball Positioning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users