• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

Welcome, this section is reserved for golfers of all levels that are interested in sound advice from our official teaching panel. The panel is made up of very credible professional golf coaches with a variety of backgrounds, specialties, and experiences. Our coaches are giving up their time and advice freely to help you improve your swing and overall game. “Click here to view the bio’s of the current panel”: http://www.iseekgolf...-forum-launched The “Ask a Pro” section serves as a virtual practice centre with several qualified pro’s helping you on the range, around the course, or with equipment advice. Feel free to ask them questions of any nature regarding the game of golf or their experience in helping students excel over numerous years of coaching. If you’re brave, you can even link a video of your swing for a free evaluation.;) Think of the “Ask a pro” section as your local practice centre, and you’re taking a private lesson. There are many pros available to provide the service and help that you may require. They may have different methods or processes for helping students, but all have been successful in their professional career. This is an area to learn something new or reinforce something you may have forgotten. It is not an area for debate or to challenge the panelist. No one can win in a debate over teaching styles and philosophies. Take the advice for what it is and at the end of the day you all have individual needs that ultimately would be best reviewed in person by your local professional. The iseekgolf.com community does have numerous members whom participate in our forums on a regular basis. We do not have the official background on most of them, so have decided to transition the Ask a pro section into this new structure so you will know exactly which “official panelist” you are conversing with. We are not discounting that many of the “non-panelist” member may have credible information to provide, we have just chosen a select group to work with currently whom we have validated who they are, what their experience has been, and have agreed to participate as much as possible with the busy schedules they have outside of the community. This will hopefully make the process for the interested members clearer and to hopefully not be bombarded with several different perspectives at the same time. #“Ask a pro” Rules • The “Ask a pro” section is reserved solely for the iseekgolf.com panelist to answer questions directly given from members of the community. • Each panelist will have an individual thread to converse within, so ask questions to a specific pro and get answer back from them. A group thread will also be available for asking a general question to all panelists. • In general, all questions and comments are to be directed to the panelist and not to the person posting, this goes for all members and panelists. It is like having a one on one discussion with someone. • In the group thread, only the panelists may answer questions. Answers or comments directed to members from a non-panelist will be deleted. *Imagine you were conversing in a group with a pro in real life, would you jump in and answer the student’s questions for the pro? I don’t think you would as this is extremely rude. • If a member wants to talk about golf swings and not participate under the Ask pro section guidelines, we recommend you post in the ‘Golf Talk’ section. All other forum rules apply http://forums.iseekg...rum-rules-final

#2 TOLMIJ

TOLMIJ

Golf is great IMO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15969 posts
  • LocationSorry. IMHO

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

Brilliant will now use it, before it was a real bun fight that put not so good golfers off side. Congratulations madam and isg team.

#3 Barbara123

Barbara123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

This is a great idea Madam. I really like the way the website is going. Great decision here!

#4 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Good idea. Hopeyou guys still drop in on our random threads and journeys too. :)

#5 Suspect

Suspect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

Good job Madam

#6 Chop Chop

Chop Chop

Massive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6990 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

Thought they were doing away with the "Journey" threads? “Ask a pro” Rules • The “Ask a pro” section is reserved solely for the iseekgolf.com panelist to answer questions directly given from members of the community. Look forward to watching the tumble weeds roll through this part of the forum.

#7 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

2Putts- the journey threads I had read before starting my own where diaries of golfers games and practice. The ones I had viewed had Golf Guru, Dart etc occasionally comment on issues or practice ideas from what was written. I found it helpful and so started my own. I feel if I put it in another forum it wouldn't be helping me focus or improve. I'm sure they'll get blocked if this isn't the case.

#8 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

Thought they were doing away with the “Journey” threads?

“Ask a pro” Rules

The “Ask a pro” section is reserved solely for the iseekgolf.com panelist to answer questions directly given from members of the community.

Look forward to watching the tumble weeds roll through this part of the forum.

Confucius Say
A kiss on the lips is just shopping upstairs for downstairs merchandise.

Not doing away with journey threads- no reason they cant exist in Golf Talk. If the panelist decide they want to venture out and be part of a discussion that is their prerogative. We are more trying to keep focus on serious questions being asked of the panel. YES possibly will be more quite than usual for a while, but we will start to get people wanting to post a question knowing they wont have 5 answers before a panelist can even comment. It also means the Golf Talk section will be busier than before.

#9 Chop Chop

Chop Chop

Massive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6990 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

AB, I know what they are and good on you for doing it. Just not sure how they sit in the "grand new order"; Under the new rules they don"t seem to belong here. Edit: thanks for the clarification Madam, Golf Talk it is : )

#10 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

AB, I know what they are and good on you for doing it.

Just not sure how they sit in the “grand new order”;

Under the new rules they don”t seem to belong here.

Edit: thanks for the clarification Madam, Golf Talk it is : )

Confucius Say

Thanks I dont think I fully understand the question or the potential issue. Im open ears;)

#11 ThanksForAllTheFish

ThanksForAllTheFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1852 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

Madam, the new rules seem like a good idea. Do my series of posts belong inside the Ask a Pro area, or somewhere else?

#12 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Madam, the new rules seem like a good idea.

Do my series of posts belong inside the Ask a Pro area, or somewhere else?

On a quest for improvement before my arms drop off
http://golfcheck.blogspot.com/
http://www.golflink.com.au/...

You are more than welcome to post in Ask a pro per the above guidelines. Pick a pro - a few we still need to start a thread for but will get sorted this week. Current individual threads in Ask a pro still have to be sorted on what to do with them but they are being left alone for the time being till we get figured out. Panelists are fine to join any thread they want, though they now have to understand that they are on the "street" and have to fend for themselves.

#13 Chop Chop

Chop Chop

Massive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6990 posts
  • LocationShlarba

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

All good Madam, just wanted some clarification on where "Journey" and "Random" thread would now reside. Seemed to be some potential missunderstanding of the new rules. No issue, I just think it will be very quiet in this corner of the room without the mayhem but that could be a good thing : )

#14 Ma'dam

Ma'dam

Winter is getting to me

• Administrators
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

All good Madam, just wanted some clarification on where “Journey” and “Random” thread would now reside. Seemed to be some potential missunderstanding of the new rules.

No issue, I just think it will be very quiet in this corner of the room without the mayhem but that could be a good thing : )

Confucius Say

lol I agree it may become a bit of a library- shhoosshhh were trying to learn in here. Ill have a think about the journey side of things- I cant say I have everything figured out but I did know I need to get the rules set sooner than later. Well work through it. I actually like reading through the journeys- I wish I kept one when I was serious about playing.

#15 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

Madam...bloody brilliant idea. Well done and heart felt thanks. I think the rules are clear. I like it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users