#16 DoubleBogeyDazzler

DoubleBogeyDazzler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationHazelbrook, Blue Mountains NSW

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Nice Simpsons reference there SeptemberSquall!!

#17 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

A few of the expatriate japanese play these...serious hardware !! The other very popular brand amongst business men here is Honma; now they are NICE !! I have used their cbs and they are beautiful, but at over 4000 AUD they should be. I think I'll just stay with my AP1's.

#18 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10578 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

i had a gander at Honma's. are they seriously worth that much money? or even close to it?

#19 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

G'day Rob, I suppose a lot of it is "in the eye of the beholder" . They are beautiful, very high quality clubs, would they save me any strokes-maybe one or two. I think it's a bit like comparing a BMW and a Rolls Royce. If you've got the money you might want to go for the Rolls if not then a BMW is more than enough quality.

#20 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5611 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

I read somewhere that TaylorMade forged irons are forged by Miura? Have i got this right?

#21 Not_a_clue

Not_a_clue

Not-A-Clue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts
  • LocationChiang Mai, Thailand

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

I read somewhere that TaylorMade forged irons are forged by Miura? Have i got this right?

It ain’t over till it’s over.

Dunno! I've always believed Miura were a quality product but they may be throwing TM their seconds.

#22 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10578 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

I have herd TM do Miura's forging as well. Chinaalan, Could Honma's seriously save you a couple of strokes per round? What is the difference from any other top shelf iron? Seriously, Is this worth it??? http://www.ebay.com....#ht_3325wt_1002 I don't know to much about them, so Im just curious.

#23 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Raz I think they have made clubs under all sorts of names in the past for pros and the like see this http://www.precision...age/4435913.htm Rob I play off 14 so yeah maybe the coonfidence thing might come into the scene and I'd save one or two strokes. They just felt really really smooth, that's the only word I can use. I don't know about other really top notch clubs, these are as high as I have climbed up the food chain. Are they worth an extra 3400AUD over my AP1's ? Not to me; I can find other things to spend that sort of money on. If I had money to burn...no problem.

#24 LeftItShort

LeftItShort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

From what I understand they forge for the major brands top tier players but the names would never get released in a million years. In all honesty, even if they didnt I wouldnt give a frankenfurter, these irons are seriously good and not necessarily that overpriced. I paid around 219 a stick because I have played the gripmaster grips for a while and didnt want to change. Taking the Gripmaster out of if may have brought these down to possibly $190 a club which is not that much more that the OEM stuff kicking about

#25 pim

pim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

A friend of mine bought a set of VEGA bladed irons (project x shaft) - very, very nice golf clubs. He got them from ebay USA for 400USD! I have a set of HONMA Prancer FE-700 iron heads - they are all in various A flex graphite shafts, which i haven't got round to re-shafting. I think i will re-shaft one - and see if it is as good as the VEGA.

#26 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5611 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Raz

I think they have made clubs under all sorts of names in the past for pros and the like see this

http://www.precisiongolfsol...

Rob

I play off 14 so yeah maybe the coonfidence thing might come into the scene and I’d save one or two strokes. They just felt really really smooth, that’s the only word I can use. I don’t know about other really top notch clubs, these are as high as I have climbed up the food chain. Are they worth an extra 3400AUD over my AP1’s ? Not to me; I can find other things to spend that sort of money on. If I had money to burn…no problem.

Thanks for the link, chinaa, interesting stuff to know.

#27 chinaalan

chinaalan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

My pleasure RAZ

#28 luisrene

luisrene

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

Got the miura blades, and been playing with them for 2 years.... great for the avid golfer (12 and below) otherwise frustations will always be there. But if you hit them on the sweet spot, they feel "better than an orgasm", as my club fitter in Singapore said.... ;) They are forged 14 times. Average off the rack taylor or nike blades are forged only ~6 times apparently, at molecular level, this creates a more solid impact....

#29 Katsuhiro Miura

Katsuhiro Miura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Arigatou.

#30 honma boy

honma boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

I cannot in all honesty afford Muira,s but i have in my opinion the next best thing, "honmas"..they are full blades and hit beautiful,still have the occasional mis hits..but thats not the fault of the clubs lol....i also use ping quite regularly and there isnt any great difference length wise,the only thing i had to get done to honmas was lie angle to suit me,pings not so demanding of lie angle..i will say that there is quite a difference to the feel of honmas when ball bumps into sweet spot,nice.The honies have higher trajectory,but prolly shaft is reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users