#16 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6675 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

my list of favorites that i have played in no particular order of preference trafalgar lang lang buninyong foerst creswick

#17 OOBS

OOBS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

Lakes Entrance and Warrnambool seem to have been overlooked so far. Barwon Heads and 13th Beach are outstanding on the Bellarine Peninsula. While you're down there...oops sorry!! How about Portarlington and Curlewis. Shepparton and the new look Horsham are superb if you're looking for inland tracks.

#18 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Now I live down here I'll have to have a crack at Lakes.

#19 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

Yeah Warrnambool is good track and greenkeeper there does great work in presenting course. Interestingly the Warrnambool super also worked at Shepparton and was recently in charge of Mt Gambier just over the border in SA. He done a great job there turning the course around from a bad super prior to himself.

#20 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Trentham (Yeah i'm bias), Kilmore, Ballarat, South Pines, Portarlington.

#21 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8553 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on which courses would rate the best in country Victoria – There used to be no question in my mind with Horsham number 1 but I haven’t been back since the fires destroyed all their trees. Also lets not include the Peninsula in this discussion as I would still class that Very loosely as Melbourne.

Birdie depends "where do you want to go today" to play East South North West so many good courses to play at very reasonable green fees and often in better condition than some of the so called prestige clubs in Melbourne. . choice shown in bold going East of Melbourne in country region Beacon hills (now not country)Trafalgar, Traralgon, Sale, Lakes Entrance. SE melbourne- Gippsland:, Lang Lang, Leongatha south, Yarram, Foster. Phillip Island. North: Hidden Valley, Kilmore, Shepparton,Murray downs cobram Albury, Corowa, West: Eynesbury, Ballarat, Forest Creswick, Bacchus Marsh,Trentham, SW Torquay sands, Barwon heads. good luck in your playing of these great courses

#22 FrontBunker

FrontBunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Horsham is still great. A lot less trees, but the course is still fantastic...

#23 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Broadford never gets a mention but has a wonderful layout and the condition of the course has really come up well. Rate it higher than most courses out that way

#24 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36480 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

I'm heading up to Corowa around Christmas for a week, reckon I'll get maybe 2 games in - where should they be? Recommendations please gents.

#25 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Corowa is a ripper Goldy. No need to travel far. But then Yarrawonga is only a short burl down the road as well. They'd be my tips.

#26 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 36480 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Smergs - they were the 2 I was thinking - got rellies in Mulwala, so Yarrawonga was likely, and Corowa, as you say, on my front door. The only one I've played up on the border was Tocumwal, and it was nice - but I think the others sound better.

#27 FrontBunker

FrontBunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Get in early for Yarrawonga. Fills up very quickly in peak times.

#28 Tubbo

Tubbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

What about some of the Ballarat courses – Forest Resort, new Ballarat or the old favourite Buninyong?

Do love the Port Fairy course worth the trip in itself. Haven’t got down to Barwon Heads but hear good things.

Murray courses are good but technically in NSW. Murray Downs would be the pick of them followed by Yarrawonga River Course.

+ 1 for Buninyong......I am a member there so I am a bit biased though. Would reccomend Warnambool and Port Fairy as well.

#29 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12375 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Played them all Goldy. I'd probably say Yarrawonga is the pick of the bunch, Corowa and the Tocumwal. But really, that's like trying to say which of your team's premierships were the best. Some better than others, but all incredibly satisfying...

#30 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 36480 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

I barrack for North. '96 was good - '99 was better. Because it WASN'T Essendon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users