BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

sooks of the highest order ….

.... they should be made to give their medals back for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

boo hoo

#17 jarro

jarro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6068 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

sooks of the highest order ….

.... they should be made to give their medals back for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

boo hoo

Barnesy05: I am NOT the Messiah!
ISG: We say you are Barnesy and we should know, we’ve followed a few.

2 Time & player voted most likely to be next 3 Time NCCSSC WBT Champion

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

that's it ... just like Dessie :)

#18 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

From a Manly hater have to agree thread that deserves the heading how good are they.

It kills me to say this but wouldnt have mattered what team they played. Melbourne, Brisbane whoever. No one would have beat them. They were the best team and well deserved premiers. Even though I hate those Stewart brothers with a passion, dislike Watmough and Lyon. I know I’d be more then happy to see any of them pull on a titans jersey. So I guess you can say I’m jealous and envious of what they have at the moment. At that is the highest praise you can give somebody. Jealousy.

Good onya Azza...at least you are realistic, unlike the rest of the members of the "I'm a loo-oo-ser so I'll hate Manly" club.

#19 JimBob069

JimBob069

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

From a Manly hater have to agree thread that deserves the heading how good are they.

It kills me to say this but wouldnt have mattered what team they played. Melbourne, Brisbane whoever. No one would have beat them. They were the best team and well deserved premiers. Even though I hate those Stewart brothers with a passion, dislike Watmough and Lyon. I know I’d be more then happy to see any of them pull on a titans jersey. So I guess you can say I’m jealous and envious of what they have at the moment. At that is the highest praise you can give somebody. Jealousy.

Good onya Azza…at least you are realistic, unlike the rest of the members of the “I’m a loo-oo-ser so I’ll hate Manly” club.

Took the words right out of my mouth Barnesy
  • BarnEsy05 likes this

#20 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Finally a ….......how good are they thread I can get involved with. What about Robbo piloting one over at the end to get the 13+ punters home. Will be a big loss for next year, unsung but quality player, Inu made more errors in the 2nd half than Robbo made in a career.

Yep...won me the money after I took them to win by 14...tense times between me and my "Warriors" supporter mate while the kick was lined up, he took Manly by 12 :)

#21 JimBob069

JimBob069

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Nice to see that the Stewart grubs couldn’t help themselves when being presented with their medals either.

Since when does saying "it's time to move on" & finally burying the hatchet with Gallop make for not helping themselves? Another mindless comment about 2 very good footballers haha

#22 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10133 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

only won because Storm were told to lie down in the Prelim.................or else

#23 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4018 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

The best part about manly winning, in my opinion, is that filthy grub Darcy Lassick (or however you spell it) didn't get to play in the game, ahahahaha.................. Filthy thing should never have been eligible to play anyways (nor should of glen Stewart for that matter) after his pitifull carry on in the storm game!!!

#24 ACCA

ACCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

watched the game was not the best of finals but a wins a win and the mighty sea eagles won thats all that counts go manly .....
  • BarnEsy05 likes this

#25 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

Great win by the Northern Eagles. Good to see a merged club get one. Gives the old North Sydney Bears fans something to cheer about. Party time at Bluetongue Stadium!

#26 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

Great win by the Northern Eagles. Good to see a merged club get one. Gives the old North Sydney Bears fans something to cheer about. Party time at Bluetongue Stadium!

Funny stuff that BTB….Northern Eagles, what a waste of time. The Gummy bears were desperate to stay afloat so Manly bailed them out to the tune of around 3mill and they still couldn’t stop whining. Best thing that ever happened was to piss them off to oblivion and continue alone as the Mighty Sea Eagles. Mind you I’d be happy enough for the Bears to comeback on the Central Coast instead of the NRL wasting money on another team from Perth or where ever they are thinking of next. Not enough interest from the locals there.

#27 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Funny stuff that BTB….Northern Eagles, what a waste of time. The Gummy bears were desperate to stay afloat so Manly bailed them out to the tune of around 3mill and they still couldn’t stop whining.

Best thing that ever happened was to piss them off to oblivion and continue alone as the Mighty Sea Eagles.

Mind you I’d be happy enough for the Bears to comeback on the Central Coast instead of the NRL wasting money on another team from Perth or where ever they are thinking of next. Not enough interest from the locals there.

So Barney if you bailed them out as you say you did and you were as affluent as you say why the need to relocate up to the Central Coast? Why not just stay on the Northern Beaches? Or at least North Sydney somewhere? Doesn't sound too plausible to me.

#28 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

They aint got any money now...Manly paid off their debt and the directors were so inept they couldn't run a meat raffle at the local pub, let alone a Rugby League Club, thats why the joint venture didn't work...and that's why they need someone like Singo to finance the deal.

#29 BeTheBall4

BeTheBall4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

They aint got any money now…Manly paid off their debt and the directors were so inept they couldn’t run a meat raffle at the local pub, let alone a Rugby League Club, thats why the joint venture didn’t work…and that’s why they need someone like Singo to finance the deal.

What i don't get is if you were in such great shape why the need for a merge in the first place? You sold out your identity and a couple of years of your history, not to mention your supporters, and you're effectively telling me that you didn't really have to. Sorry mate but that doesn't make sense to me at all.

#30 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29890 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

I wasn't a fan of the merger, don't know the reasons why it went ahead. I know that protest rallies were held at the club but it still went ahead. Maybe Manly didn't bail out the Bears as I suggested but they were insolvent already...I just found this on Wikipedia so it must be true :) The start of the 1998 season saw a much anticipated match up between the Super League champions Brisbane and the ARL high flyers, Manly. The Sea Eagles went down 22-6 and an inconsistent season saw the club rely on a late winning streak of six matches to finish out the regular season and limp into the finals in tenth place. Facing Canberra in the first week of the finals, Manly were convincingly beaten 17-4; the last time the club would play finals football until 2005. From one of the richer clubs in the League, Manly were by now struggling to keep up with player payments and were unable to entice players to the club. Much talk was made about a possible joint venture between local rivals Manly and Norths with both teams were in need of the $10M on offer. With these issues in the background, Manly turned up to the regular season seven rounds late and soon Bob Fulton quit his head coach position due to his wife’s health concerns. Peter Sharp took over the reins and managed to win his first three games, a record result for a caretaker coach in the League. By halfway through the season, it was obvious that the club would be missing their first finals campaign since 1992 and when they finished thirteenth, it was their lowest relative placing since 1989. But unlike previous eras when the club could look to purchase key players, there was simply no money left. A consolidation of the competition meant that a criterion was imposed and those not making the cut would not be involved in the 2000 season. The NRL imposed a time limit on the acceptance of a merger offer, or clubs could try their luck through the criteria. Both Manly and Norths administrators were not keen on approaching a merger, but with Manly’s financial problems and North Sydney effectively insolvent due to disastrous year when a planned move to the Central Coast was delayed, both sides met to talk of a joint venture. Although the criteria result was in the positive for the Manly club, financial realities meant that there was not much success likely in the future. Due to their insolvency, the North Sydney club were not even considered for the criteria. In late 1999, the clubs agreed to a joint venture and the Northern Eagles were born.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users