- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
Step by Step with Peter Croker
Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:43 PM
Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:41 PM
Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:48 PM
i gree with HP and dont include the time you spend on the conversation to his 1 hour lesson i am sure he will appreciate that.
The instructor should tell his or her â€˜Magic of the Gameâ€™. A personal story about how they learned, why they play, and what the game means to them. It instills the passion of the instructor which will set the stage for a journey of a lifetime. If done right, they will never forget the day they began.
Then putter gripâ€¦
Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:11 AM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:56 AM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:08 AM
peter if the coach cant get you hitting it better in your first lesson get another coach thats MHO i am not a believer of you have two take two steps back befor you take one step forward thats a load of rot
Whether or not it is correct quite often I think one of the most important things in the first lesson is to get the student hitting it better. That way the student trusts that the teacher knows how to make them better and will come back for more lessons.
I think this has to be the case as with so many teaching options available to students the teachers really have to prove in the students mind that they are right for the job. If you changed someones grip in the first lesson (unless they already have a great swing) they will hit the ball terribly and the change most likely wont stick and they wont go back to the pro againâ€¦
Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:58 AM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:08 AM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:15 AM
Good to hear you are having a crack at improving your swing Node. I am in the same boat. Just out of curiosity did you buy a package of a few lessons?
Ok well Iâ€™m in the Swing/upgrade zoneâ€¦.
My current instructor at the local Driving range knows me quite well from going there and has given me the odd free tip.
But when I set up a series of instructions with him he sent me out to warm up, watched me from front & side then video taped me playing 6i full shots and then we viewed it together.
First he told me what he liked and then showed me what we needed to improve, why it needs to be improved and then we proceed back out to the range, corrected my grip and 1 other part of my swing and gave me some drills to practice it.
So I suppose the grip was his first change he made with my swing upgrade.
2010 22-24-20 H,cap, 2011 20-21-22-21-20-19-18 (16.8 new PB 22/7/11) (Next Goal 15 h,cap & Break 80)
Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:30 PM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:57 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users