#31 golden warrior

golden warrior

Goat coniseu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7212 posts
  • Locationoutta here

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

I joined goony when I 1st landed in Melbourne. Good bunch of blokes, course is ok. Maybe better by now being 10 years, I hope.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

#32 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

if you want good value & a really nice bunch of ppl have a look at goonawarra, i was a memeber there (live in moonee ponds) its cheap & has 2 younger guys running the show (geoff manager & tony pro) who both would be about 30-40 & have made massive improvements to the course. think its only about $1200 a year & i can say that i got along with every member while i was there.

Might get better traffic if you made a Goon thread....

Castlemaine Non-Handicap Winner - Net 73

2013 OOM4 A Grade Winner - Heritage St Johns - 33pts

2016 TSC Winner - Eynesbury - 34pts

Taking midtable mediocrity to the top of the podium...

Smoldy. - Baconwide Tour Creators and Ambassadors

VTTP #008

http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204213

#33 members section

members section

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

yeah i kind of regret not staying on there

#34 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Club is seriously struggling, well in the mire, veritably hand to mouth cash flow wise.

I reckon they are only a wet winter away from  insolvency ... 

#35 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

They should have got pokies when they built the place. Mind you it sounds like they would find a way regardless to stuff it up

• Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

#36 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

They should have got pokies when they built the place. Mind you it sounds like they would find a way regardless to stuff it up

Sadly supply of machines is more or less fixed so you have to get em transferred from someone else.  Plus the City of Brimbank is already awash with machines unfortunately ...

#37 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hawkers- wonder if there is any thought of a merger with say Medway, Kooringal, Sanctuary Lakes, Northern.  Maybe a bit like the Woodlands/Rossdale/Patterson River thread commentary.  Alternatively, a few get together and relocate whilst relatively close by land is available in region.

#38 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

I can guarantee that Medway would be keen for a merger if Sunshine members move there and Sanctuary Lakes would probably be the same.

Demographics wise Medway would have the best prospects.

Kooringal and Northern mergers probably not plausible their memberships are too full.

Edited by Hawkers2013, 03 July 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#39 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Agree with hawkers, Medway would be a chance, sl by all reports would also. I would even think Eynesbury could be interested. Kgc is flying, no need for merger

#40 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

Eynesbury is a privately owned business.  All the other clubs are unlisted not for profit (tax exempt) public companies.

Joining any club to Eynesbury has a world of complications unless its owner transitions it to a similar structure as other clubs.  The bigger problem is that Eynesbury has been losing a fortune between $0.5m and $1.0m per annum, hard to see how a merger can work.

#41 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hawkers, very impressed with your knowledge of what happening around golf courses.  Any idea how many members at Sunshine/SL/Medway.

#42 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6622 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

I couldn't see a merger between sanctuary lakes and sunshine happening

I reckn both tracks are struggling

medway would be the perfect choice

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#43 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Sanctuary Lakes has a secure future.   The developer has handed the club to the members.  If they can't make it break even they will hit the residents association up for whatever it takes to make it work.  3,000 odd houseblocks @ $220 will net the club $600k gst ex.  Its a no brainer for residents to pay $200 odd to preserve their land value.

Sunshine and Santcuary Lakes have less than 300 full members, Medway has a lot more, although they would like more than they have.  

Either club would be interested in taking the Sunshine members, given fee levels SL is probably a relatively less attractive partner than Medway.  A scenario where members go to the club of their choice and the spoils from selling Sunshine up is not totally implausible.

The other clubs on this side Kooringal and Northern have fuller membership lists but they would some more members too..

#44 Casualgolfer

Casualgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Any wonder the clubs find it tough with only about 300 members.  Must have some very quiet days, perhaps even week ends.  It makes sense to look at merger options as it is difficult to see where hundreds of extra members will come from.  Thought I saw Sunshine taking social golfers on Sunday? 

#45 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8898 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Saturdays are pretty full and with taking social bookings on Sundays, getting a round in isn't that easy. Course is in pretty good Nick fit this time of the year. Slight change of guard at the helm. Rumor on the ground us that the bar and bistro is chiding the group however looking through the financials, I'm not convinced.
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users