147 replies to this topic

#16 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hawkers – is it as bad as they make it sound or is that just the official line on the site to ward off the rif-raf? I don’t mind going through the process, interviews etc. Being The fine upstanding citizen i am i Don’t imagine I will hAve any problems ‘passing’. Also is there any chance of shortening the waiting time? My goal is to play pennants and rep golf again…

Anything you can do… I want to do it better.

The length of waiting list can be very unpredictable. I moved to Melbourne in Jan 2004 at that time they were quoting a year for 6 day and then another year to two years to progress to full. My cousin who lives a few blocks away had already been on the waiting list for a couple of months. So I decided to not to pursue membership there. A couple of months later they all of a sudenly decided they wanted some cash and they cleared the whole waiting list admitting everyone to their preference of six or seven days. I don't believe they are an uptight club from an entry point if view so I wouldn't be worrying about that. Sure they do the interviews but you would have to have a bad history elsewhere to have any difficulties. If you a good enough to play VGA pennant you could probably vault the waiting list. If you have already played at state level then it should be even easier. On potential pitfall to think about is that if you join somewhere else and play pennant for them there is a clearance process (or you can wait 12 months) to be eligible for pennants.

#17 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

Hey hawkers is there a wait list at Kooringal? i read somewhere you are a member there, and do you need to be referred by members?

#18 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

Hey hawkers is there a wait list at Kooringal? i read somewhere you are a member there, and do you need to be referred by members?

I didn't renew got bored and went back to Sunshine. I think there might be a waitlist. Ring the office they will let you know. They have a process for people who don't have a proposer and seconder. Bernie Larkham is a member.

#19 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

Ok cheers mate

#20 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

Hey Hawkers, how is Sunshine at the moment? In good nick and not? Have the greens just been cored? Thinking of having a hack around this week or next

#21 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

Hey Hawkers, how is Sunshine at the moment? In good nick and not? Have the greens just been cored? Thinking of having a hack around this week or next

Cored about a week and a half ago. Course in reasonable nick atm.

#22 IFYARECKON

IFYARECKON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

Another option if thinking about Sanctuary Lakes is leasing a membership. Seem to be a few advertised around the place and a 6 day membership can get gotten for $1000-$1400 a year. Certainly great value for this course. Also noted recently that Sanctuary Lakes have dropped thier joining fee from $2500 to $100!! Obviously a dash for members since the developer is on the way out.

#23 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

Another option if thinking about Sanctuary Lakes is leasing a membership. Seem to be a few advertised around the place and a 6 day membership can get gotten for $1000-$1400 a year. Certainly great value for this course.

Also noted recently that Sanctuary Lakes have dropped thier joining fee from $2500 to $100!! Obviously a dash for members since the developer is on the way out.

$100 joining fee? is that a special offer or is permanant?

#24 GSP

GSP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1743 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

Just lease one from someone, you dont need to pay any joining fees in that case

#25 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

There is a wait list for 7days. I joined in Dec 2010 on 6day (straight in) and had 7day by April. Not sure what the current wait is though. The course is in super nick and I enjoy it more each time I play. Plenty of trees though so you need to be straight off the tee. Some strong 4s, shorter 5s (though 18 is 530m). Greens are super, they have their own water now and it is not on clay!

#26 IFYARECKON

IFYARECKON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

Another option if thinking about Sanctuary Lakes is leasing a membership. Seem to be a few advertised around the place and a 6 day membership can get gotten for $1000-$1400 a year. Certainly great value for this course.

Also noted recently that Sanctuary Lakes have dropped thier joining fee from $2500 to $100!! Obviously a dash for members since the developer is on the way out.

$100 joining fee? is that a special offer or is permanant?

Seems to be permanant. The hospitality levy is gone as well now, with just a yearly fee of $2480.

#27 djcraig

djcraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:31 AM

Nowhere ready to play pennants yet. Only playing once every couple months at the moment... But that's the plan. Going to ring the office tomorrow and organise a round etc. If anyone feels like going out on a limb and nominating me let me know.

#28 djcraig

djcraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:18 AM

That's northern I was talking about..

#29 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Just wanted to everyone know that we have increased the tee times available for green fee players on Saturdays.  From Sat 21 Dec onwards there will be a few time slots available in the morning and in the arvo the 10th tee will be available for bookings.

Ring the proshop 9363 2639

#30 members section

members section

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

if you want good value & a really nice bunch of ppl have a look at goonawarra, i was a memeber there (live in moonee ponds) its cheap & has 2 younger guys running the show (geoff manager & tony pro) who both would be about 30-40 & have made massive improvements to the course. think its only about $1200 a year & i can say that i got along with every member while i was there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users