2 replies to this topic

#1 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:59 AM

I just stumbled across a website for Melbourne Golf Club (www.melbournegolfclub.com.au). They claim to be 'Melbourne's Finest Syndicated Golf Club'. Not much more info on the site though. Anyone know anything more about this club?

#2 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

I met with the guy once, he is a nice enough guy but for me it's was not really worth it. This was last summer so they may have got bigger now. They claim to have access to some of the better courses but I did not think the access was any better than if you just rang up or went on a corporate day.

#3 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1566 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

I met with the guy once, he is a nice enough guy but for me it’s was not really worth it. This was last summer so they may have got bigger now. They claim to have access to some of the better courses but I did not think the access was any better than if you just rang up or went on a corporate day.

I spoke to the guy and they play monthly competitions (sometimes bi-monthly) at courses like Long Island, 13th Beach, St Andrews, Riversdale etc. It's pretty much pay-per-play (about $50-$80 depending on the course) plus a small annual fee for all the golflink requirements. Seems ok but I probably want to play more than once or twice a month. Does give me a handicap though, so I can play comps with my mates as a visitor to their club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users