- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Easter promotions - Pelican Waters Golf Club 19 Apr 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
New Handicapping System
Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:14 PM
Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:24 PM
Your handicap will change immediately ( probably not very dramatically at all) and will be based on the best 8 rounds as previously mentioned.It would only change dramatically if you had some relatively high scores dropping out ( numbers 9 + 10) or if your handicap had gone out by more than 4 in the last 12 months.The 4 shot anchor will impact on some players no doubt.
In Australia, on the 21st of September 2011 â€“ the new handicapping sytem comes in and instead of 10 out of 20 scores taken, itâ€™s 8 out of 20 taken. (and multiplied by.93 not .96) My question is, on september 21, will my handicap suddenly change dramatically (backdated) or do I have to play 20 rounds for it to take affect?
Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:32 PM
From your last 20 scores, take your best 8 and find their average (add them up and divide by 8). Then multiply that number by 0.93
okay so Iâ€™m keen to calculated this precisely as I have a big game on 22nd.
Can someone help me with the exact formula?
thanks for that.
Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:01 PM
Lets suppose that * (somehow) today your handicap goes from 20.0 to 15.0 in one go * that for the next year you don't manage a better differential than 21 *15.0 is your lowest mark for the last 12 months Then your handicap will be limited to a maximum of 19.0 for all of the next 12 months.
so if I lose for example 5 strokes on my new calculation, and I play to my old handicap when it will take 12 months to realign the anchor?
Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:20 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users