Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2013
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson and 18 holes- Brisbane 31 Jan 2014
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson- Brisbane 31 Dec 2013
- Mercure Palm Meadows Ladies Amateur Cup 9 Dec 2013
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 2 @$20 inc post 30 Dec 2013
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
New Handicapping System
Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:14 PM
Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:24 PM
Your handicap will change immediately ( probably not very dramatically at all) and will be based on the best 8 rounds as previously mentioned.It would only change dramatically if you had some relatively high scores dropping out ( numbers 9 + 10) or if your handicap had gone out by more than 4 in the last 12 months.The 4 shot anchor will impact on some players no doubt.
In Australia, on the 21st of September 2011 – the new handicapping sytem comes in and instead of 10 out of 20 scores taken, it’s 8 out of 20 taken. (and multiplied by.93 not .96) My question is, on september 21, will my handicap suddenly change dramatically (backdated) or do I have to play 20 rounds for it to take affect?
Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:32 PM
From your last 20 scores, take your best 8 and find their average (add them up and divide by 8). Then multiply that number by 0.93
okay so I’m keen to calculated this precisely as I have a big game on 22nd.
Can someone help me with the exact formula?
thanks for that.
Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:02 AM
Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:01 PM
Lets suppose that * (somehow) today your handicap goes from 20.0 to 15.0 in one go * that for the next year you don't manage a better differential than 21 *15.0 is your lowest mark for the last 12 months Then your handicap will be limited to a maximum of 19.0 for all of the next 12 months.
so if I lose for example 5 strokes on my new calculation, and I play to my old handicap when it will take 12 months to realign the anchor?
Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:20 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users