• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 rodney21

rodney21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

My vote would go to 13th Beach Golf Links, the collection of par 3s on both courses offers a great variety. The variation between both courese in style adds to the selection. Up until recently I'd never really given this much thought. Kingston Heath and Barnbougle Dunes have collections of three shotters that really come to mind, both are my favourite golf courses. I haven't played Lost Farm yet. But for the sake of this forum I would like contributors to discuss courses outside of the sandbelt. I have written a blog about this and have included many images, have a look and then make a comment. http://www.golfimage...-a-closer-look/

#2 golfer69

golfer69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5258 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

Magenta Shores has an excellent set of Par 3's.

#3 KitFisto

KitFisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

The new course at King Island will be better Golfer69. Just you wait and see.

#4 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

Certainly not Bacchus Marsh.

#5 MJE1976

MJE1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

In reference to Bacchus Marsh. The 3rd is average and could do with some bunkering. The 5th is a bit better with a tough green to hit. The 13th a good hole with the gully between the green and tee. The 16th is bunkered but doesn't really inspire too much !

#6 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Good to see you around again MJE. You still in the Marsh area? Agree with your sentiments pretty much. I find both front nine Par 3s uninspiring, but the two on the back at least visually appealing. Still probably the weakest part of the course.

#7 azza82

azza82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hamilton island has some great par 3's. 14 with a narrow landing area and think scrub from tee to green. Teeing ground is perched on a ledge with ocean surrounding you. 16 Is along the side of a cliff, elevated tee, views of Hamilton island and the whitsundays passage to the right and long of the green. Has to be some of the most picturesque and challenging par 3's I have played.
  • AGQ likes this

#8 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

WTF?....haven't you already done this topic rodney?

#9 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1605 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

11th hole (quarry hole) St Johns. The Heritage. Bunkers at the back of green which only help to trap errand balls. But water at an angle to fairway and green is the challenge. Off back tee around 172 metres. and with OB on top of quarry face left and at an angle to the green and fairway. I have seen a ball hitting quarry face and landed on the green as well as bouncing into the water ! On stroke play, you can breath easier ONLY after a safe bogey or a par with a lay-up from tee and a chip and run. (for chicken golfers) I have had an 11 !!!! during a medal. Seen many scratch players put their tee shots into the water.

#10 MJE1976

MJE1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

At least the Marsh has a decent web site now ... http://www.bacchusma.../coursetour.asp

#11 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

At least the Marsh has a decent web site now …

http://www.bacchusmarshgolf...

It's getting there, certainly a vast improvement. Could do with having the results section improved and the membership costs are incorrect for the second year running. They are actually more than advertised...

#12 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

A few now come to mind. 13th and 15th at Trentham are a great pair. 16th (I think) at Yarrambat is a pearler. 3rd at Narooma (Hogan's Hole) is perilously spectacular. 8th at Eynesbury I have a love hate relationship with. 1st at Swan Hill City (course shut down I believe) but was the hole I learnt to play golf on.

#13 hAcKpRo

hAcKpRo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4745 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

13th at trentham is a ripper.....

#14 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

My vote would go to 13th Beach Golf Links, the collection of par 3s on both courses offers a great variety. The variation between both courese in style adds to the selection. Up until recently I’d never really given this much thought. Kingston Heath and Barnbougle Dunes have collections of three shotters that really come to mind, both are my favourite golf courses. I haven’t played Lost Farm yet. But for the sake of this forum I would like contributors to discuss courses outside of the sandbelt. I have written a blog about this and have included many images, have a look and then make a comment.

http://www.golfimages.com.a...

one of my pro pupils shot 10 under at 13th beach his name was mathew bruce from woodlands

#15 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

NSW GC has three very good par 3s and one world class par 3.

Come to think of it the back-up hole there is a very short par 3, so techincally they have 5 par 3s.

Agree Bushwood, guess you are thinking the 2nd is not too flash. I do like the fact that they all face different directions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users