2081 replies to this topic

#31 Kingpair

Kingpair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

When is the first leg of the Manchester derby? If they keep their form it will be match of the decade.

#32 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

When is the first leg of the Manchester derby? If they keep their form it will be match of the decade.

TM R9 Supertri 10.5 Voodoo SVS6
Nike Dymo 3 wood
Nike VR Split Cavity 3-PW S300
Nike VR Forged Wedges 52, 56, 60 S400
TM Ghost TM-110 putter
Nike One Tour D

Can't come quickly enough.

#33 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

I was in the pub at lunch when a man in a wheelchair rolled up to me and said, "Arsene Wenger tried to sign me for Arsenal today" I said, "Is he ******* stupid?" He said, "I know .. as if I'd sign for that bunch of shite'!!

#34 Kingpair

Kingpair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

Sunday night 23rd October 2011 Old Trafford

#35 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Santos has signed and more to come.

Only way is up

The biggest lesson I ever learned was, not, whether it works or not, but, if it makes mechanical sense, do it ‘till it does work.

The day of smoke and mirrors is gone. Gimmicks are gone. Fundamentals have nothing to do with trial and error

The Dart

Scotty Parker?

No, he looks set for sp*rs We have signed Mertersacker and Chu Young Park. Santos has been finalised as well now. The rumours I'm hearing are we will sign one more, a creative midfielder and all being well it will be an "Oh my days of thunder" signing! Interest in Gary Cahill has been cooled by the way, hope he signs a pre contract with us in january and we get him free, then Phil Gartside will be getting a "How do you like em apples?!!" tweet haha

#36 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

I cant believe Man City is interested in Owen Hargraves, actually, as a man utd fan, go ahead and sign him!

#37 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

I was hoping Scott Parker would go anywhere but Spurs, that hope has been squashed

#38 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

I was hoping Scott Parker would go anywhere but Spurs, that hope has been squashed

Hopefully he spurs them on.

#39 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

I cant believe Man City is interested in Owen Hargraves, actually, as a man utd fan, go ahead and sign him!

Seems pretty silly. But when you have a team that has new owners who've spent over 400million POUNDS, a risk like that has little repercussions. Would be pointless on his part to go as he'll be lucky to make it on the bench!

#40 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

I was in the pub at lunch when a man in a wheelchair rolled up to me and said, “Arsene Wenger tried to sign me for Arsenal today”
I said, “Is he ******* stupid?”
He said, “I know .. as if I’d sign for that bunch of shite’!!

Champions League you’re having a laugh…..

Unnecessary. Liverpool were in a 'similar' position last year. Our time will come. In Arsene we trust ;) Although Carroll looks to be the most overpaid/overrated signing of the last 6 months.

#41 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

I was in the pub at lunch when a man in a wheelchair rolled up to me and said, “Arsene Wenger tried to sign me for Arsenal today”
I said, “Is he ******* stupid?”
He said, “I know .. as if I’d sign for that bunch of shite’!!

Champions League you’re having a laugh…..

Unnecessary. Liverpool were in a ‘similar’ position last year.
Our time will come. In Arsene we trust ;)

Although Carroll looks to be the most overpaid/overrated signing of the last 6 months.

Golfer: You’ve got to be the worst caddy in the world
Caddy: I Don’t think so sir, that would be too much of a coincidence

Dalglish is building another team to win the league like he did at blackburn, and looking for another Shearer and Sutton combination up front, Carroll just might be one of them. Still, im confident in SAF bringing in the next generation at Old Trafford, Jones and Young look like the buys of the season so far.

#42 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

Some decent signings by the gunners. Nothing fantastic but enough to guarantee 3rd or 4th spot depending on chelskie

#43 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

Some decent signings by the gunners. Nothing fantastic but enough to guarantee 3rd or 4th spot depending on chelskie

Golfer: You’ve got to be the worst caddy in the world
Caddy: I Don’t think so sir, that would be too much of a coincidence

Not sure about being guarenteed 3rd or 4th for Arsenal, they may have done well this morn (Arteta , Yossi and the other 2) but its depth that you need to win the league. Look at who United had on the bench against them last week - Giggs, Carrick, Berbatov, Owen, Park - guys who would be in the first team in most other clubs. City has got the depth now, so have Chelski, and Liverpool is getting there.

#44 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2318 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Te deadline is now past. United , for once, did not let themselves be forced into paying over the top prices for players. I am please with the new signings, but would have let a couple more go and we are still missing a quality mid fielder. City and chelsea seem to have made some big name signings. Good move on Arteta by Arsenal. Spurs seem to be marking time. Liverpool have made a couple of good moves but also some average ones. I think Adams was a great move by them. Short term maybe but still a good move. BTW Good luck to Owen Hargreaves. The lad deserves another chance. If he does well at City I am pleased for him.

#45 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Arsenal got Arteta, Merteserker, Santos and Yossi for basically the same amount Liverpool paid for carroll. Carroll worth perhaps 10m no more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users