#16 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2316 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

City did well to beat bolton. Mr Mancini is normally very defensive away from home. United look good against Spurs. A bit shaky in the goalkeeping dept, but overall they were very impressive. Starting to feel very sorry for Wenger and the gunners. They are a great club, but seem to be in all sorts of trouble. Hope their fortunes do not improve until after this weekend. A couple of Liverpool supporting mates are starting to question the signing of Andy Carroll.

#17 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

I don't care if cesc, nasri, clichey, bendtner, toure and adebayor all have left the club. I'm giving 100% support to the seven Arsenal players still at the club! Massive game tonight. We can do it!!!!!

#18 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:48 AM

Manu99, your Liverpool mates questioning carroll's signing illustrates for me everything that's wrong with football. Everyone wants instant success and if it isn't instant then sell or sack someone.

#19 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

in fairness though he is an overpriced gypsy carthorse...;0)

#20 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Did many of you catch the arsenal game? A terrific game and a superb second half performance seen us worthy winners and into today draw.

#21 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

We overpaid for Carroll, having said that he's quality and will help us challenge this year. Yep, for the first time since the 90's I actually think we'll give it a shake

#22 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2316 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

This weekend games should throw up a couple of crackers. United and Arsenal. I would never underestimate a top team. United should win easy, but I think they will win hard. Spurs and City. City should win easy but I think Mr Mancity will settle for an Italian draw. Chelsea Norwich, what can i say, sorry Norwich. Liverpool Bolton should be a hard one Liverpool should just shade it. Styles should you ever visit WA we could have a pint on each game United /Arsenal.

#23 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2316 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

> United should win easy, but I think they will win hard. No they won easy, too easy. >Spurs and City. City should win easy but I think Mr Mancity will settle for an Italian draw. Wrong again on this one.

#24 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Disastrous. That is all.

#25 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Disastrous. That is all.

The biggest lesson I ever learned was, not, whether it works or not, but, if it makes mechanical sense, do it ‘till it does work.

The day of smoke and mirrors is gone. Gimmicks are gone. Fundamentals have nothing to do with trial and error

The Dart

there's always an upside, you've got a point more than Spurs

#26 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

City looking the goods for the title this year.... as per my prediction!

#27 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

Glad we got those 2 games out the way and the season starts now!! A 300 million gulf in class!! On a plus point my centre forwards on Fantasy football are Dzeko and Rooney ;0) Glass half full

#28 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Disastrous. That is all.

The biggest lesson I ever learned was, not, whether it works or not, but, if it makes mechanical sense, do it ‘till it does work.

The day of smoke and mirrors is gone. Gimmicks are gone. Fundamentals have nothing to do with trial and error

The Dart

there’s always an upside, you’ve got a point more than Spurs

True, it is some comfort to know that however bad we are, we're still better than sp*rs

#29 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

Santos has signed and more to come. Only way is up

#30 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Santos has signed and more to come.

Only way is up

The Dart

Scotty Parker?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users