#1 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

Well first to post this season, where is Styles? How will our respective teams do? My tips. United ,obviously top. City will do their usual and not quite get there. Chelsea third. Arsenal , Liverpool or an outsider, but not Spurs, fourth. Going down the same three that came up. United still need a quality creative midfielder. De Gea will get better to become very good. Nasri may go to City, but as I said United need a similar player. Arsenal need sooo much. Chelsea need more youth. City need less players and more teamship. Liverpool need time and patience, a lot of both. Spurs don't really know what they need.

#2 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm here, ready to begin our annual jousting :-) Where to begin? Bye bye Cesc, seeing the reception he got at Barca yesterday was like seeing an old girlfriend with her new bloke. I see the top 3 being the same. Chelsea, Manyoo and Citeh with the two Manchester clubs being first and second but in what order? A month ago I'd have said manyoo but I think the keeper has gotten off to a shaky start which is never good for a keeper regardless of his form. They have also lost their first choice central defenders for a bit and although they have great back ups, they are back ups and they are in front of a keeper who has made howlers in his first two games. Added to that is the way citeh played last night! Yes they were at home to a newly promoted side who they of course should beat, BUT, they did win and they won very convincingly and Sergio Aguero looked unbelievably good. If citeh are in the hunt at Christmas and Mancini needs/wants players then the sheiks will get their cheque book out for him, only chelsea can do the same. Arsenal will definitely be top 6, Liverpools lack of european football will actually help them this year and I see it being a straight fight between Arsenal and Liverpool for 4th. If Arsenal spend money on a central defender and an experienced creative midfielder then I think we will be ok and we'll get 4th. Spurs have been getting rid of players and have Modric agitating for a move so I think that, coupled with the insane amount of games that the europa cup demands means they will once again flatter to deceive. I will do a final prediction once the transfer window closes but right now my prediction is: Top: Citeh/Manyoo Second: Citeh/Manyoo Third: Chelsea Fourth: Arsenal/Liverpool Fifth: Arsenal/Liverpool Bolton are my dark horses for european football and a top 6 finish.

#3 Faldos_Lovechild

Faldos_Lovechild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

West Ham backed up an excellent weekend away win at the football mecca of Doncaster Rovers with a 4-0 drubbing of Watford...... Leeds at home on Sunday with a lot of police expected

#4 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4901 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

draw to the side i think my boys from Anfield will get to eat chocolates this time round... will see in a few days at Emirates stadium aginst the old Foe....Our history show we have beaten Aresenal 82 - 76 and drawn 57 times, hows that for a little history....

#5 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

Hey FLC, this is the premier league thread! Start a championship thread if you want to discuss the hammers lol!! Just kidding, hope they get promoted again soon, we'll miss the annual 6 points Haha!

#6 Yarmunt

Yarmunt

The Iguana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7742 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

My Toffees get a chance to start this weekend, due to the London riot drama causing the Tottenham game to get postponed. Hope we can get a descent start for a change, and maybe contend for a top 4 spot. Best we can hope for with our budget, unfortunately.

#7 tentins1

tentins1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Chelski Citeh Manu Arsenal Tottenham Liverpool I think Chelsea will get over last years suicide pill. City will start to gell Manu need to strengthen again, if I'm wrong I'll cry! Arsenal need to start again in some ways Tottenham will fall agonisingly short Liverpool, well I'm not sure they'll have the answers in full

#8 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

yarn, I think you will do well to fight for 6th. Everton seem to have zero money and a small squad and I believe that is going to get worse for you because some of our Cesc money will go towards buying Phil Jagielka before the end of the month!

#9 Yarmunt

Yarmunt

The Iguana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7742 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Far North NSW

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Yep, another annoying season. Hope Timmy Cahill has his scoring boots on. We're grinders, but that's what you have to be without cash.

#10 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Lots of rumours flying around regarding possible arsenal transfer targets. I'm very sure we'll sign someone but not so sure who it'll be! Arteta, Eden Hazard, Zarate have all been mentioned. Another "new" player to watch at the Emirates is Ryo Miachi who we signed a while back but only just got a work permit for. I've seen his show reel and he looks very good on the ball, very quick and with plenty of tricks. That said, with a lot of faces missing we will do well not to get turned over by Liverpool today

#11 PTgolfer

PTgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

Good to see Derby County off to a great start in the Championship, hope they can keep it up:)

#12 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Citeh top Too much money to think otherwise Manure 2nd promising Yids 3rd - we will keep Luka and add Adebayor we have the creativity just need GOALS!! Chelski 4th Too old and slow and midfield not good enough Bindippers 5th Improved but no cigar too many overpriced Englidsh players and still havent got a CB. Suarez is a gem though. Ar5ena1 6th Going to sink like a sack of spuds unless Wenger spends this next week and has to be big! Nasri will leave too. Club in decline. The top 2 could switch round though.

#13 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Might not post much on this thread this year! :-( Very important two weeks ahead for AFC!

#14 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Man City Liverpool Man Utd Tottenham Chelsea Arsenal for mine. Go Tottenham. Don't keep the Croats on the bench if you know what is good for the team.

#15 jetset

jetset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

Might not post much on this thread this year!

:-(

Very important two weeks ahead for AFC!

The biggest lesson I ever learned was, not, whether it works or not, but, if it makes mechanical sense, do it ‘till it does work.

The day of smoke and mirrors is gone. Gimmicks are gone. Fundamentals have nothing to do with trial and error

The Dart

Yeah important 2 weeks hold on Nasri has gone now too......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users