658 replies to this topic

#1 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

As you all know I have a certain feeling about how our equipment is mightily important to aiding our golf swing. What I talk about is all interlinked I will post a few videos here for discussion....serious talk only would be recommended so the intention of the thread doesn't run astray in a maze of hellos, F'U's and he said she said. Let's start off with my most recent video I made...

#2 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2694 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

Brad, this is geniune, so how is this any different to TGM, It's all in the book, Dart and Loren could elaborate best. What you are talking about is in the book. Have you ever read the book?

#3 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

I read the 'book'.......Apparently TGm covers ALL of golf, ALL of everything....but when you watch TGM people discuss a FLW in videos all you see is a dump of the club with firm wrists....they don't rotate the club through impact and to the finish. When that dump is done with they all then roll the right arm over and throw the shaft off plane on the way through to try and continue the speed of the club... they don't pressure the shaft through on the correct plane by internal and oppposite forces The flashlight drill is also not about pressuring the club and shaft onto plane and through like I discussed. The flashlight drill is more of an up and down minimal rotation action and is only done in slow motion- 100% void of any swing pressures..... so is really limiting itself in being a helpful tool to train and learn as I showed, you don't want the shaft/club to be on plane except where it really counts.. and you get it on plane through pressure of rotation with resistance down below. It's very easy to make a claim that TGM is involved in every person's golf swing or swing thoughts when it apparently is meant to cover every stroke pattern. It's a decent book and explains a few thoughts well but is way too complex for analysis for a normal person who wants to play golf. For most people on this forum my video explanation will be a heck of a lot easier to comprehend than having to look at 12-B© and 4-3(b) and try decipher that. That's the idea behind my making some of these videos...instead of shrouding things in mystery and stupifying the onlooker with numbers and large words...I am showing options with a specific definition verbally and visually.

#4 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Amazingly it only took one post for TGM to come up ....... Nicklaus...didn't have a clue about TGM Hogan....zero clue... Trevino....zero clue Moe Norman....Greg Norman.....Gary Player....Arnold Palmer....Tony Lema.....Tony Jacklin.....ALL ZERO INFLUENCE or IDEA about TGM Seems a little crazy to try pinpoint what these greats did and claim it as TGM principles when none of them were associated with any of it. We aren't here to discuss TGM.....we are here to discuss that video I posted....why it ties in to equipment set up....and pressures in the swing....and keeping the club on true plane where it matters.... if you are only interested in the flat left wrist you aren't looking close enough

#5 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

bradley i am very interested in that move to a shallower plane,what is the sequence in mechanical movement to get to that position. ty mate i also know there are many ways to start a backswing what is your prefered way ? eg some here advocate tracing the plane line with the right fore finger ,i personally dont prefer this method as it to hard to see a plane line. yor thoughts on this as well please?

#6 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

bradley i am very interested in that move to a shallower plane,what is the sequence in mechanical movement to get to that position.
feet pressure down with knee flex helps drop the hands....forearm/wrist rotation with a gravity drop feel...not a pull or force down
i also know there are many ways to start a backswing what is your prefered way ? eg some here advocate tracing the plane line with the right fore finger ,i personally dont prefer this method as it to hard to see a plane line.yor thoughts on this as well please?
Backswing is really a person's own individual feel for what they want to achieve at transition and then into impact and also beyond impact. It is nigh impossible to keep pressuring a club up and down on the same line or path, as you run out of space and momentum. That's why tracing plane lines or pointing the shaft at the ball is all wrong. If you understand we need to pressure the club from an off or under plane position into impact to be able to hold it on plane through impact and beyond- then you are on your way to better golf and you'll find your own backswing style to suit.

#7 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

bradley ty so much i agree with all you have said,i have seen over the years many of the greats using knee flex and squat dont see much now days such a pity ty mate

#8 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

bradley i am very interested in that move to a shallower plane,what is the sequence in mechanical movement to get to that position.

feet pressure down with knee flex helps drop the hands….forearm/wrist rotation with a gravity drop feel…not a pull or force down

i also know there are many ways to start a backswing what is your prefered way ? eg some here advocate tracing the plane line with the right fore finger ,i personally dont prefer this method as it to hard to see a plane line.yor thoughts on this as well please?

Backswing is really a person’s own individual feel for what they want to achieve at transition and then into impact and also beyond impact.
It is nigh impossible to keep pressuring a club up and down on the same line or path, as you run out of space and momentum. That’s why tracing plane lines or pointing the shaft at the ball is all wrong.
If you understand we need to pressure the club from an off or under plane position into impact to be able to hold it on plane through impact and beyond- then you are on your way to better golf and you’ll find your own backswing style to suit.

Great to have you back Brad - enjoy your thoughts. Wondering what your thoughts are regards the Explanar swing training system in relation to your swing style? Yes I have one !

#9 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4661 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:25 PM

Good to see you back.

#10 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Bradley i think i know where your coming from here,keeping the upper arm attached to the side through impact and not throwing the right arm at the ball eliminates throwing the right wrist at it. the body rotation actually squares the face up,and a little forarm rotation as well. have i understood it correctly. ty mate

#11 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Bradley
i think i know where your coming from here,keeping the upper arm attached to the side through impact and not throwing the right arm at the ball eliminates throwing the right wrist at it.
the body rotation actually squares the face up,and a little forarm rotation as well.
have i understood it correctly.
ty mate

sounds good... probably more forearm rotation than body into impact.....throwing the right arm and straightening it throws the arm hands and club away from our body connection, elongating the spacing between our hands and body center... so twisting of the club face becomes more pronounced as a result and timing that straightening of the right arm becomes next to impossible to do on a daily basis and can actually change from hole to hole and shot to shot....little wonder people have consistency issues.

#12 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

bradley have you any drills to show the members how to train this. would you think the towel drill would help. under the armpits ty

#13 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Great to have you back Brad – enjoy your thoughts. Wondering what your thoughts are regards the Explanar swing training system in relation to your swing style? Yes I have one !

The issue with these things are they are very much club related feelings and signals we will receive. We need to feel the body sequence and allow the club to move because of what is occurring in the body Those swing plane things don't allow for much plane shift. Shift has to happen as we lower our knees and start loading a club from centrifugal force to centripetal force....and really if we are going to engage our lower body into the shot and use correct upper body muscular loading by rotational forces etc then such a machine won't be much help because such a machine will just keep your club on a constant travel route void of pressure and sensations we can really monitor at full speed when we swing. It's a good start point for people who are way off the mark with their swing or who are just starting out but once you reach a certain standard of golf they won't help take you any farther.

#14 bhughesgolf

bhughesgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

bradley
have you any drills to show the members how to train this.
would you think the towel drill would help.
under the armpits
ty

towel drills are fine for pitch shots.....once you get into shots longer than 130 yards or so then a towel is best used for wiping your divot off the club before you put it back into your bag.

#15 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

lol,i like your style

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users