Need to contact us about anything?
Email Us »
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2013
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson and 18 holes- Brisbane 31 Jan 2014
- Gift voucher: PGA Golf Lesson- Brisbane 31 Dec 2013
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 2 @$20 inc post 30 Dec 2013
- Redland Bay Golf Club One-off Sunday Special For this Sunday only (3rd Nov) - from 1pm $20pp for 18 holes. Don't miss this special!!
- Yarra Bend Golf Course - $31 (Save 0%) (WAS $31.0) 18 Holes Walking Dress codeTerm and conditionsGreens renovationsSpecial eventsSpecial inclusions
- Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $29 (Save 67%) (WAS $89.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart RENOVATION SPECIAL THE COURSE WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ITS USUAL STANDARD
- Parkwood International Golf Course - $29 (Save 57%) (WAS $68.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Waterford Valley - $33.75 (Save 25%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking conditions apply - non holiday mid week days -
- Carbrook Golf Club - $25 (Save 30%) (WAS $36.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 people - $10 surcharge applies for singles payable on check-in
- Carbrook Golf Club - $19 (Save 34%) (WAS $29.0) 18 Holes Walking Cart rates are for 2 players. A $10 surcharge is payable on check-in for singles. Carts returned by 6:30pm.
Ask Grant Garrison (Head Pro)
Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:43 AM
Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:40 AM
Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:23 PM
Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:49 PM
Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:45 AM
Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:31 AM
Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:27 AM
Hey Borby – I recommend that you attend some workshops; it will cost you less and will give you a chance to see different instructors as you may want to take private coaching if you find someone you really like. I believe a workshop type environment is better for someone at your level, you will get on the right track in a fun and relaxed environment. I checked out all the courses and the one I like the most is called Club Pacific which is SE of the city. I spoke to Mark on the phone and he seemed very excited about their clinic program. I told him I was only available on week-ends and he asked me if I would like to start this Saturday from 3:00-4:30pm. He said the 4 week course already started but I could join in as their in only 3 other students, he said he would pro-rate the 3 sessions down to only $114.00 which would be $38.00 per 90 minute session. He asked all the right questions and was very helpful. Unfortunately, I had several other experienced we won’t be talking about. Club Pacific Website
I’m actually a beginner recently started. What I really want is to try and get any major swing faults ironed out without obviously modifying my natural swing. The other major thing I would like is to learn the short game right from the start.
I’m not a member anywhere yet as for the last few months I’ve been unsure about where we were going to be living. But I’ve just got a new job and I should be stable now. I have been playing in a social comp mostly around southern brisbane at the moment
Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:46 AM
I hear you TaylarsDad, everyone has a little different experience with it. As a diognostic tool, I found it to be great information to have about my students swing. As a training tool, the feedback can be complicated and overwelming. Still, I have seen several that have used the auditory feedback to make a breakthrough. If interested, see the video below. K-Vest Video
Headpro, I have used the KVest twice, found I spent more time looking at the screen trying to get the green lights and listening for bells, than actually swinging freely.Very informative,just hard to use because it doesnt works as a mirror image I turn right it turns away from me.
As a student I found it very intrusive and confusing.
My 13 yearold son however had it singing and only green in 10 minutes.
LOFT. the real reason why my handicap is where it is!
Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:30 AM
Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:40 AM
Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:20 PM
Sounds good Borby, give me a full report mate.
Thanks Grant they sound like a pretty good club and set of pros on the website once I’m finished moving I’ll give them a call for a chat.
From wandering around proshops asking a few questions on the social comps, I can imagine some of the responses you got from other clubs.
Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:36 PM
Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:42 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users