#1 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1764 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

I had a chance to try out the 'Focus Band' and shot a quick video with owner Henry Boulton so you can check it out for yourselves. Henry and his father will be on this thread for this week only ending at the end of July. Their names are hpractitioner (Henry Boulton) and swinggovernor (Graham Boulton) they are here to answer any of your questions regarding the Focus Band and their experience using this remarkable teaching aid. Focus Band Video Website

#2 HeadPro

HeadPro

Head Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1764 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hey Henry, thanks again for the demo. I taught a golf school yeterday and gave playing lessons all afternoon. I had my students going from active mind to quiet mind with amazing results. This was their second day in the school so they were mainly focused on their new swing changes, this really helped them.

#3 hpractitioner

hpractitioner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Grant for coming in to the office. Its good to hear your students are getting good results.

#4 Barbara123

Barbara123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

your video was realy interesting to me, I have found it very difficult to have a lesson then go straight out a play very well. I find myself trying so hard to do the right swing that its not very fun and It feels more like work. When I just stop thinking so much, I usually do better. Questions is it ok to think about the right motion in my practice swing? How do you just turn off thinking about your swing, I understand why this would be important but how do you do it?

#5 OldBogey

OldBogey

Spelling commando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21654 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

Barbara, a widely used method has been ClearKeys wherein the brain is distracted from swing thoughts by reciting a nursery rhyme or similar. I expect that FocusBand would still register that as brain activity, though. Self hypnosis would be a way of 'zoning out'. It would be interesting to see how FocusBand and Zenolink might be combined.

#6 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

Barbara The experts at the AIS for golf published a book "Golf Excellence". One of the authors stated that it takes the average person about one million quality repititions of a movement to get it ingrained in their golf swing.

#7 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4211 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

Razaar, Did they say how many to uncover a swing that is already there?

#8 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4211 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

On thread, Henry who do I talk to in Sydney.

#9 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

Razaar,

Did they say how many to uncover a swing that is already there?

For tuition in Sydney call Paul Hart (TheDart) 0412 070 820.

Terry Hill’s, St. Michael’s or Duntryleague Golf Club Orange

Dart I don't have the book, I gave it to Cam Smith. From memory, the consensus was about a million reps (didn't have to be with a ball).

#10 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4211 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

razaar, I wonder if you can put a golf swing on a prayer wheel. Probably the same rhythm.

#11 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4211 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

hpractitioner, Is it possible to play golf in theta and delta as well as alpha or some where close?

#12 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5610 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

Dart I guess so, rhythm is the hymn.

#13 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Barbara, a widely used method has been ClearKeys wherein the brain is distracted from swing thoughts by reciting a nursery rhyme or similar.

I expect that FocusBand would still register that as brain activity, though.

Self hypnosis would be a way of ‘zoning out’.

It would be interesting to see how FocusBand and Zenolink might be combined.

OldBogey
OoM#9

GolfLink

OlindaGolfClub

Old Bogey, I have a general idea about focus band where it would be good is give visual feedback so people can see what we already know. They are using their left side of the brain instead of the right side. With clear keys what it does it keeps the left side busy and then gets people's head out of the way to allow their right side of the brain to operate. This works well with what we do because we teach people nueromechanics which is the right side. So when people swing the club the clear keys takes the left side out of play and allows the athlete's neuromechanics do their job. I'm interested to understand more on how focus band can teach someone how to stop the left side interfering during the golf swing. If it can stop people from getting anxiety and their left brain interfering during the golf swing it would be great and benefit what we do. Clear keys so far is the solution, maybe focus band could do the same. My issues aren't not being able to focus on the target etc my issue is anxiety or left brain kicking in under pressure during my swing and there is jack any one can do about it. Although clear keys solved this for our clients. May be focus band can do this as well. Like any thing in order any of the mental stuff to work your right side or neuromechanics need to be trained first or the mental training you can't utilize it's full potential. If your neuromechanics or biomechanics is an arms swing what's going to happen when you switch to your right side you create a arms swing. Although if you learn to develop a kinetic link when you switch to right side you create a kinetic link. Mental is another important side of the puzzle:) HP how do you stop people's left brain being active or anxiety during the shot?

#14 foster12345

foster12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4148 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Barbara, a widely used method has been ClearKeys wherein the brain is distracted from swing thoughts by reciting a nursery rhyme or similar.

I expect that FocusBand would still register that as brain activity, though.

Self hypnosis would be a way of ‘zoning out’.

It would be interesting to see how FocusBand and Zenolink might be combined.

OldBogey
OoM#9

GolfLink

OlindaGolfClub

Old Bogey,
I have a general idea about focus band where it would be good is give visual feedback so people can see what we already know. They are using their left side of the brain instead of the right side.
With clear keys what it does it keeps the left side busy and then gets people’s head out of the way to allow their right side of the brain to operate. This works well with what we do because we teach people nueromechanics which is the right side. So when people swing the club the clear keys takes the left side out of play and allows the athlete’s neuromechanics do their job.
I’m interested to understand more on how focus band can teach someone how to stop the left side interfering during the golf swing.
If it can stop people from getting anxiety and their left brain interfering during the golf swing it would be great and benefit what we do. Clear keys so far is the solution, maybe focus band could do the same.
My issues aren’t not being able to focus on the target etc my issue is anxiety or left brain kicking in under pressure during my swing and there is jack any one can do about it. Although clear keys solved this for our clients.
May be focus band can do this as well.

Like any thing in order any of the mental stuff to work your right side or neuromechanics need to be trained first or the mental training you can’t utilize it’s full potential. If your neuromechanics or biomechanics is an arms swing what’s going to happen when you switch to your right side you create a arms swing. Although if you learn to develop a kinetic link when you switch to right side you create a kinetic link.
Mental is another important side of the puzzle:)
HP how do you stop people’s left brain being active or anxiety during the shot?

here zen hope this helps Thought Patterns How you think affects how you view the world and how you react to stress. Negative thought patterns like "what-if" thinking, perfectionism, all or nothing thinking, and victim talk can contribute to an anxiety disorder. In fact, negative thoughts can actually create physical symptoms in your body. Can I change it?: Yes. Research shows that you have the power to change your thoughts, which can in turn affect how you physically and mentally feel. Through healthier thoughts, you can learn to view the world in a less anxious way and feel better. How do you change your thoughts? By using the three "R"s we discussed in the last newsletter: Recognize, Replace, and Reinforce. i read it every day question those thoughts you will never stop them entering your brain the 3 Rs 1st R is the most important one

#15 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2675 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Thanks Foster, Although during the golf swing we get anxiety, fears who knows what goes through our heads. I get this thought at the top of my swing or sometimes at impact and causes a bad shot, same for most people. Once you start to swing the club that's it, the club is moving that thought comes in a sabotages a great golf shot. Your aware but can't stop it. This interferes with my neuromechanics and every one else's. I know clear keys works and has helped me and many other athletes. Although I'm interested in how can Focus Band resolve these issues. If they can resolve this problem they can help many golfers. Although people still need go neuromechanics or biomechanics. Foster I understand the psychology, I spent many hours during my rehab after my accident, but to be honest all their stuff did diddly squat for the anxiety etc during the golf swing or putting etc. Anxiety causes people to do some random stuff in their golf swing. The Anxiety I'm talking about is most people aren't even aware it's anxiety causes poor golf shots. Back to the question to HP, how do we stop anxiety and the right side coming into play during the golf swing.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users