#1 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Can't believe this course has not been nominated already. Spiritual home of the NCCSSC ISG WBT Golf Day. Started life as The Springs, then changed to Green Hills Golf & Country Club, then a few years ago reverted back to The Springs. A vey challenging (some may say trying) layout that tests the mind as well as the ability. Plenty of water, some hidden, and a couple of tight holes, with the Par 4 11th the hole I consider Tto be the signature hole...water down the left, out of bounds all the way down the right. If you visit, step on to the Tiger Tee on this hole & have a look...intimidating. Good value for money also, $55 weekdays includes cart & lunch (15 or more players) Check it out here: The Springs If you are in Sydney keep a look out for our NCCSSC Golf Days & join us at The Springs...you'll love it.
  • handeltav likes this

#2 corn

corn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Barnesy how is the course looking at the moment. I have played there several times over the last few years and everytime I go there it is in a different condtion. I am playing there on Sunday and havent played it in about a year or so.

#3 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Hi Corn, Haven't been up for a while but I would assume that after all the rain we have had, mixed with a bit of sunshine, it would be in pretty good nick. No doubt ALL the water hazards will be chock full. Please let us know how you find it. We will be there on August 12th...can't get a day off? Cheers Barnesy

#4 corn

corn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

I will let you know how it is. I will see whats happening in July about getting the day off and let you know.

#5 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Thanks mate, good luck.

#6 The ComMuntish

The ComMuntish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8811 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

The title is FAVOURITE golf courses Barnesy. Would that explain why it has not been nominated already?? Spritual home .. Yes. Favourite....NOOOOOOO

#7 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I consider it a Favourite Course, even though I'm yet to claim victory there...just a matter of time. :-)

#8 The ComMuntish

The ComMuntish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8811 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

U R 1 sick puppy. We shall see if your thoughts are the same after the 12th, especially if we are to play Par. I also hope you live long enough to realise your hoped for victory.

#9 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

I love Par...& The Springs is the perfect course for it :)

#10 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10717 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Keep talkin it up Guys.:-)

#11 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

After you have played here it will be on your Faves list also Pom

#12 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12710 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

Absolute prick of a place, the worst course I have seen, played or heard about. I thank all that is good and right that I shall never play there again.

#13 corn

corn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hi Corn,

Haven’t been up for a while but I would assume that after all the rain we have had, mixed with a bit of sunshine, it would be in pretty good nick. No doubt ALL the water hazards will be chock full.

Please let us know how you find it. We will be there on August 12th…can’t get a day off?

Cheers
Barnesy

Barnesy05: I am NOT the Messiah!
ISG: We say you are Barnesy and we should know, we’ve followed a few.

2 Time & player voted most likely to be next 3 Time NCCSSC WBT Champion

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Barnesy, I played The Springs yesterday. Best condition I have ever seen the course in, no dirt patches on the fairways. It did have a few really wet places over the course but that is to be expected with the rain they have had. The greens were very quick even though they were very soft, give them a couple of weeks to dry out and putting could be very interesting, although looking at the greens they dont look much at the moment. I cant see the course lacking from water any time soon, all of the water holes are full.

#14 The ComMuntish

The ComMuntish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8811 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

>all of the water holes are full. Oh great, simply ferkin marvellous. Still, just added motivation to back off a little and stay on the fairways. Good advice that, might even get it in my head to follow same.

#15 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

NO RESPECT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19069 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

Hi Corn,

Haven’t been up for a while but I would assume that after all the rain we have had, mixed with a bit of sunshine, it would be in pretty good nick. No doubt ALL the water hazards will be chock full.

Please let us know how you find it. We will be there on August 12th…can’t get a day off?

Cheers
Barnesy

Barnesy05: I am NOT the Messiah!
ISG: We say you are Barnesy and we should know, we’ve followed a few.

2 Time & player voted most likely to be next 3 Time NCCSSC WBT Champion

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Barnesy, I played The Springs yesterday. Best condition I have ever seen the course in, no dirt patches on the fairways. It did have a few really wet places over the course but that is to be expected with the rain they have had.
The greens were very quick even though they were very soft, give them a couple of weeks to dry out and putting could be very interesting, although looking at the greens they dont look much at the moment.
I cant see the course lacking from water any time soon, all of the water holes are full.

Excellent, thanks Corn...I can't wait to get there & clean up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users