#16 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

While I have tipped Geelong for this week, as a Collingwood supporter I hope the Eagles get over the Cats - as we will probably beat North, and go top.

#17 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO

#18 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Agree Dave_1 this week is a huge test for the side. Geelong would be mighty p*77ed at losing last week. Park Nic Nat or Cox in a forward pocket when not rucking will still provide a massive tall option up front for frog Lecras to feed off and to give Kennedy space to lead into. Sticking tackles and hitting targets becomes el primo mission Friday night as Essendon showed deny Geelong the mass of possesion they usually get and you are in with a big show.

The journey is the reward, not the destination

passed...A fu...ken plus mate sorry i have tipped a few into tonight while posting this.....god i loved it enjoyed this win as any in our history to beat blues and geelong in the last 2 weeks is just bloody top stuff.....and maybe east of the rabbit proof fence they will start taking us seriously the hosue of pain is back man

#19 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Senfrickingsational result last night. The second half of the first and first 20 minutes of the second were as good as any team in the comp has played all season. Was sublime to watch. Did check the paper this morning just to make sure that it was true. Geelong were always going to come hard in the second half, but was to late the damage was done I don't care how good you are West Coast are not a team that will cave in with a 40 point lead, they are made of tougher stuff than that.

#20 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

F*** ME...at least the golf is on

#21 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Another game another win. Screw how close it was screw how we let the biggest lead of the day slip away screw some Freo muppet had a kick after the siren. West Coast won Freo didnt, all is good with the footy world

#22 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

PHEW!!!!! :) 4 premiership points is 4 premiership points.

#23 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

PHEW!!!!! :)

4 premiership points is 4 premiership points.

Lies, all lies…

First Dual and only Triple WBT Champion…semi-retired

Half of the ’Trentham Dream Team’

Damn right!! It is also 4 that Freo didn't get.

#24 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

dodged a bullet yesty...great win... bad kicking and dumb 50's gave freo a chance.....free kick was there...and yes Im an eagles fan.... 11-5..we have game in hand v blues..blues play Freo in perth in 3 weeks...maybe freo will have sandilands back by then and can do us favour we have game in hand v calrton we have 11 wins now but probably need 15 wins for top 4 our draw left, the WESTERN BULLDOGS at etihad RICHMOND pattos MELBOURNE etihad ESSENDON pattos BRISBANE LIONS subi ADELAIDE subi Home games are easy, lions in brbane minus brown should be a win, melbourne and bullies in melbourne wont be easy games.... as opposed to calrtons draw NORTH MELBOURNE MELBOURNE FREMANTLE - subi HAWTHORN BYE ST KILDA freo game tough, hawks tough, saints toughy also...and they have one less game I think if everything goes to plan we can steal a top 4 spot

#25 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

lions game is gabba sorry but todays win was great....challenged late in the game by bullies but found a way to win cox was super late in the game amazing effort scott lycett 203 cm 2 goals today on debut...Gaff is a star, Shuey is a star.... happy days... this is last years wooden spooners people 12-5 for crying out loud.....

#26 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

hmmm..done the ladder predictor a few times and the Eagles finishing 4th seems to be the most likely outcome. Is 3rd or 4th really a benefit this year?

#27 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

West Coast will probably do better finishing 5th or 6th and get a home Elimination Final, rather than playing Geelong or Collingwood at the G in a Qualifying Final.

#28 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Ok I'm an afl nut too yes its better to finish higher (top 4 is gold!!) yes first final will be roadie if we make 3rd or 4th....but in all likelyhood we might get beat but you never know..crazier things have happened.... so if finished 4th and played Pies week 1...we lose that....we then get a home final v winner of 6 v 7th which would be swans or essendon or maybe saints at home...win that and we make a prelim v geelong or hawks in melbourne at least this way we get 3 finals experience for our young team and two of thse would be MCG finals experience which I think is invaluable also it gives you two chance to cause an upset...week 1 and week 3 cause an upset in week 1 and we get prelim at subi (pretty good reward) cause an upset in week 3 and you play in grand final finish 5th...we get a home final first up but then an away final v one of the other top 4 sides in week 2 in that scenerio we get one chance to cause an upset and even if we did win that second week we would face anorther away final history suggests its almost impossible to make the GF from oustide the top 4....crows did it in 97 but that was under a different system where they finished 5th but got a double chance in week 1 (they lost that game) under new stystem they would be eliminated..... 5th sucks really as you get no extra chance....its a great season to finish 5th from 17 teams but you can be eliminated week 1! top 4 is the goal people simple as that!! we need to keep winning....

#29 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

go 4th :)

#30 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

I think the MCG finals experience is invaluable for the likes of Gaff, Shuey, Darling even Josh Kennedy. Blokes that are hopefully going to be in our next premiership team. Have a look at the names of some of the blokes who played finals in the late 90's I suspect some of them will have then gone on to play in the premiership. Realistically this year we are going to also rans. I reckon 2013-2015 we will be dangerous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users