795 replies to this topic

#1 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Every other team has one.... 2010 - Wooden Spooners (see my avatar), 4 wins for the entire season. 2011 - 6 wins from 10 games already and they actually look like a cohesive unit. Granted they are not near the comp leaders at the moment (proved a couple of weeks ago) but they are certainly not push overs, if Collingwood played that way against any other team in the comp they'd win every game by 80 points. Watching them today against the Crows I thought 'ohh here we go' during the first quarter...then the second quarter came about and NicNat continued to dominate, Kerr is looking in almost career-best form (assuming we didn't see another season-ending injury), Cox looks like a kid again (I'd say having NicNat there is really giving him his second win)...LeCras is a stunning player. We have a solid, tall forward line. Glass is playing wonderfully and is really leading a top defensive unit, in fact I'd say one of the best defensive units in the competition. Last year I cringed every time I watched them. This year they are very solid (still have only put together 4 solid quarters once, seems to be a WCE thing...we used to be slow starters and now we are slow finishers. The NicNat tap to LeCras and then resulting goal from Cox was probably the best tap-out goal all year...so they show they have some real talent. If we can keep a full roster we are only going to get stronger as the year goes on. Really looking forward to the next couple of years. Go Weagles :)

#2 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

...me and my big mouth :(

#3 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3573 posts
  • Location10m past Natnkyls

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

I'm a fan of NicNat. From memory haven't beaten anyone other than an undermanned Freo from the top eight so 7-4 ratio may look a little better than really is? Will get better though and I like their home ground advantage.

#4 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

2 things West Coast are doing this year, kicking and handpassing to targets and actually hitting them. Marvellous how much better a side is when they kick to there own players. Second thing sticking tackles. Last year was like watching bullfighting ole as the guy went past with barely any DNA left on him from the tackler. A healthy Glass, Kerr & Cox has to help too.

#5 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:48 AM

The difference from last year is extraordinary. You hit the nail on the head NE, they are hitting targets and are sticking tackles. It will be good to see what they do as the year progresses, the collingwood game showed they have a long way to go, Carlton will be a real test for them, hopefully we can at least keep pace enough to be in the game...carltons midfield is very dangerous. They still look like they can self-destruct at any time and for some reason still have the odd occasion where they just look terrible, but thankfully that is not as often as it was the last couple of years. Interested to see if they run out of puff at the back end of the season.

#6 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:45 AM

Really hoping for a strong performance tomorrow. We are the underdog and Carlton are looking like world-beaters. I expect the Weagles to win in the ruck, but will Cox get all nostalgic and tap the ball to that Judd bloke? This will be a massive test...GIDDYUP

#7 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

We could probably do with some goal kicking practice...

#8 whyaintiatgolf

whyaintiatgolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

nice mark from Nic-Nat got a mad leap on him the boy!

#9 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:48 AM

there's that patented fade away....F*** me

#10 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Wow, we answered the tough questions and posted a great win...the first 10 minutes of the 3rd Q were a bit tough to watch, but we got back on track. Building nicely.

#11 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

GFW GREAT effing win today we stood up on thier dung heap just subline midfeild effort Juddy was killed by Scott selwood and kerr..... kerrs turnaround is nothing short of the rise of Jesus....just didnt see him playing like he has again after ripping the hammie off the bone last year super effort to rebuild the club.....in no time from spoon to 5th after 15 rounds is staggering to say the least

#12 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

OK so now the naysayers can't use the excuse that West Coast haven't beaten anyone in the 8. Or they haven't beaten anyone in the 8 away from Subi. Last time I checked Carlton were both in the 8 and the game was in Melbourne. Be silent ye naysayers. This team will play finals this year.

#13 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

massive massive hyge game this week V geelong at subi or "patto's" if you prefer that name i think we can win this game..lynch is big loss for this game, i feel he would strecth the geelong defence.... beu waters might come in for lynch and play waters forward.... andrew gaff also looks like an in according to media reports.... This game can really give us a chance at a top 4 spot...if we lose we are probaby going to be in that mix for 5th or 6th...

#14 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:46 PM

Agree Dave_1 this week is a huge test for the side. Geelong would be mighty p*77ed at losing last week. Park Nic Nat or Cox in a forward pocket when not rucking will still provide a massive tall option up front for frog Lecras to feed off and to give Kennedy space to lead into. Sticking tackles and hitting targets becomes el primo mission Friday night as Essendon showed deny Geelong the mass of possesion they usually get and you are in with a big show.

#15 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Would have been more confident if Geelong won...they will be pissed as you say NE. Lynch is a big loss for us but Kennedy is still the main focus, Darling is playing well, the French guy is in great form and yeah, NicNat or Cox up there for a rest means we still haev the tall forwards and will stretch the Cats defence. I think we can match their forwards with our defence, our mid-field needs to click...I hope it is a ball-tearer. I wonder how long the Eagles can go with their very physical game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users