25 replies to this topic

#16 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Glenelg is undergoing some bunker refurbishment which should be well finished by then. Sorry can't comment on Grange but will find out tomorrow from a member. Bring sunscreen!

#17 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Glenelg is undergoing some bunker refurbishment which should be well finished by then.

Sorry can’t comment on Grange but will find out tomorrow from a member.

Bring sunscreen!

John Huggan on the passing of Seve – “Sadly for all who love golf as the art form it is meant to be and not the science it has become, we may never see his like again.”

Thanks Shanks... appreciate it.Thinking February next year. Also accom wise, Glenelg the place to stay? Want decent restaurants and a bit nightlife (bars/pubs etc).

#18 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'd stay in town if you want real nightlife. Glenelg is nice & has a some nice casual eateries but several pub have just closed down that way. The East is in play. Several guys I know who've had a hit on it said meh.

#19 Drive4Show

Drive4Show

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2825 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

I’d stay in town if you want real nightlife.
Glenelg is nice & has a some nice casual eateries but several pub have just closed down that way.
The East is in play. Several guys I know who’ve had a hit on it said meh.

Any particular area I should be looking at?

#20 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Played Grange East about 2 months ago and had a walk around some of it while the GolfSA junior amatuer was on. Looks nice and green already and should mature into a good track. Question for Shanks if reading this - what is your opinion so far on the course and its potential.

#21 Shanks4ever

Shanks4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Had a look at it a while ago whilst still growing in, some impressive eye candy bunkering as you would expect will be playing it shortly so I will hold my judgement on the architecture until then. As far as conditioning in a couple of years after the course matures it should be great. Darius review I generally agree with on this course, not the best land so Norman had is work cut out so the question really will be how much better it is than the old course and therefore was the money well spent.

#22 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Bunkering is very sexy and perhaps the highlight and focus due to as you say his options being limited with the land. Some of the fairways I saw where very lush and green.

#23 Chilled

Chilled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Any more comments on the East course? I'm playing it this sunday and really looking forward to it.

#24 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Any more comments on the East course? I’m playing it this sunday and really looking forward to it.

Please review your day out. Just spoke with a member who plays there and he is very happy.

#25 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Any more comments on the East course? I’m playing it this sunday and really looking forward to it.

Any comments regarding the course after your round ?

#26 Chilled

Chilled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I really really enjoyed it. So much so that I'm most likely joining the club in a few weeks time. The layout was interesting, I love the semi linksy nature of the course, and the bonus is the selection of two courses rather than one. I like it better than Royal and Kooey. The facilities are just outstanding, massive complex and the practice areas are good. Probably looking to get a house down that way soon also. I was probably having a good day (34 points) so my opinion may just clouded but I didn't find the (East) course overly difficult. Fairways relatively easy to hit, but many deep bunkers to avoid and some of the greens (false fronts, large drop offs, etc) were quite hazardous. Only went out with one other guy they put me with, would have been nice to have been with a group of three others. Anyways, excellent course and worth the membership to me. I'll be back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users