4 replies to this topic

#1 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

The next round of the LintzOnline PGA tipping competition is now open. Click on over to http://www.lintzonline.com and enter your tips for the Crowne Plaza Invitational where Zach Johnson is the defending champion. If you’ve just signed up the rules are the same as the ISG tipping competition from last year in that you need to tip 4 players each week, one from OZ, USA, Rest Of The World and a Bonus player with their combined world golf rankings not exceeding 10 points. The rest of the rules are on the site. Good Luck!!

#2 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

David Toms has continued his good form from last week and opened with a 8 under 62 to be tied for the lead after the first round with Chez Reavie. The hottest player was Rickie Fowler who was 8 under through his last 8 holes and needed a birdie to equal the PGA tours lowest 9 holes of 26, held by Corey Pavin but a double bogey left him with an opening round 63. Still to shoot 29 which includes a double bogey is a great effort! The best of the aussies after the first round was Nathan Green who shot a 6 under 64 to be only 2 off the lead.

#3 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Round 2 saw Toms repeat his 62 and open up a commanding 7 shot lead over 4 players including 2 aussies Steven Bowditch and John Senden. Both aussies are looking for a strong weekend to record their best results on the year. Toms' total of 124 ties the PGA record for the lowest 36 hole start in PGA history. If he shoots 2 more 62's the record books will be rewritten this week! 2 other aussies, Marc Leishman and Rod Pampling are both sitting inside the top 10 after 2 rounds but will need to go low on the weekend to catch Toms. Pampling lost here to Phil Mickeslen a few years back so he oviously likes the track. The leading squads after the first 2 rounds are Lintz (go my squad!), pom and walks. We will all be hoping Toms hangs on for victory this week. blueberrysmissus, the leading squad has 3 players making the cut this week so it looks like her lead will stay above $1M for anothe week! To view your squads progress visit www.lintzonline.com. Good Luck!

#4 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

David Toms couldn't continue his red hot scoring in the 3rd round even after opening with a birdie. He eventually signed for a 4 over 74 and his 7 shot lead was all gone after Charlie Wi shot a 4 under 66 and a 1 shot lead heading into the final round. The next best score belongs to aussie John Senden who shot an even par third round to hold down solo thrid place. 3 other aussies are in the top 10 after 3 rounds: Stuart Appleby, Marc Leishman and Steven Bowditch. Lets hope that 1 of the aussies can go low in the final round and come away with victory. The leading squad after the 3rd round is chocworks who will be hoping Wi holds on for his first PGA victory. There are plenty of chases so it will be an interesting final round! To view your squads progress visit www.lintzonline.com. Good Luck!

#5 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

After giving up a 7 shot lead at the half way mark David Toms got things back on track in the final round to shoot a 3 under 67 which was good enough to pass Charlie Wi and give him his 13th PGA victory. A holed wedge on the 11th hole gave Toms a 2 shot lead over Wi and he never looked back even though he had another testing 3 foot putt for victory. This time to calmly holed it. John Senden was the leading aussie even after finishing with a 3 over 73. Another aussie, Marc Leishman started the day in 17th position but after 4 bogeys and a quadriple bogey he ended the tournament T44. The leading squad for the week was walks who has picked up a cool $2.8M over the last 2 tournaments thanks to Toms runner up last week and winner this week. I have to mention that I also had Toms in my squad and over $1M added to my prize money total sees me into 5th position overall. However, I'm still a little way behind the overall leader in blueberrysmissus who still has a $1M lead over 2nd placed Sea Eagle 07. To view your squads results visit www.lintzonline.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users