82 replies to this topic

#1 Lazytool

Lazytool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

NSW Origin team: Josh Dugan, Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, Mark Gasnier, Akuila Uate, Jamie Soward, Mitchell Pearce, Jason King, Michael Ennis, Kade Snowden, Beau Scott, Greg Bird, Paul Gallen ©. Interchange: Ben Creagh, Trent Merrin, Tim Mannah, Dean Young. Comment away.

#2 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

Jennings is a strange selection based on fitness levels and lack of game time although I rate him higher than Indris. I thought they might have still gone with Indris as a bench player with the ability to play in the 3/4 line or back row. I thought Hayne might have done enough based on his game last night but they finally realised that he is crap. I also wouldn't have been surprised if they went with Carney just to spice up the team bonding/drinking session. It's all irrelevent anyway, I don't see this team, or any NSW 17 being able to challenge my Maroon boys anyway.

#3 Lazytool

Lazytool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

I don't think Josh Dugan is fully fit, his defense Saturday was terrible. Jennings is very hot and cold at the moment, he is my surprise inclusion. Bad exclusion of Weyman, he would tackle his heart out all night. Greg Bird and Ennis should spice things up a bit, lots of verbal harassment all night.

#4 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8309 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

Can see some problems with the overall context of the team but then again not much to choose from at the moment. I would have gone for a wild card on the reserves bench in Ben Barba, think he would have been lethal leading up to half time

#5 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3967 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

What does Idris need to do!!! The guy was made for origin. Big, fast, strong, scary, and has on every occasion they've met played over the top of Inglis. Gona win some easy $$'s this series punting again that side!!!

#6 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3967 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

Ben Barba is a queenslander Peg..... That's shows what little chance nsw have when a guy like Barba can't get a look in in their team!!!

#7 Htkmw5

Htkmw5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

No Idris? That's a bit of a surprise.

#8 azza82

azza82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

Again no Idris is a big surprise. Dugan hasn't looked fully fit for some time. Merrin to me isn't origin material. But hey why do I care, the Queensland team gets announced tomorrow. Queenslander....Queenslander.

#9 azza82

azza82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

Again no Idris is a big surprise. Dugan hasn't looked fully fit for some time. Merrin to me isn't origin material. But hey why do I care, the Queensland team gets announced tomorrow. Queenslander....Queenslander.

#10 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Barba will play plenty of origins in the not too distant future for QLD. I guess if the selectors wanted to really go for an attacking option they could play Boyd in the centres and put Barba on the wing now that Hodges is out for 4-6 weeks. Obviously they will go for Tonga and we don't lose much with him there but that would have been an exciting option.

#11 Htkmw5

Htkmw5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

No Idris, no Hayne. Strange........... Queensland will be pleased.

#12 burkey08

burkey08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Worst possible NSW team they could have picked. King is rated 23rd in the nrl in front row hit ups. Ardin Tolman can consider himself unluck as can Luke Douglas. No Hayne or Idris is so hard to believe. Idris played for Australia last week and now cant get a blues jumper, and Jennings has played eight games this year and not scored a try. Yes that is correct has not scored a try this year and gets picked in a blues jersey. How the hell is he going to get over the line at origin level if he can't score in eight club games......**** me. Is it just me or does that make no sense at all. The other selection I think is hard to swallow is no Jarrad Mullen at seven he has been the best halfback in the comp this year. Pearce attempted a tackle on Paul Gallen on Sunday on his own tryline, to the people who saw it they will understand why he is not up to origin standard. Queensland may want to run on there development side next week to blood a few mome players for the years to come because if Ricky is going to built a future around this current team then the maroons could quite easy rack up 10 series straight.

#13 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23703 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

**** side,

#14 parbreaker

parbreaker

QLD 8 STR8 M8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
  • LocationQ U E E N S L A N D E R

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

i don't think anyone has mentioned that QLD won't be at their strongest with Tonga and Neilsen in the centres (instead of Hodgo and GI) so this takes a lot out of their attack..... as a QLD'er I am at least a little UNEASY??

#15 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11177 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

I too am a touch uneasy, you read all the reports and listen to the "experts" but there is still this niggling feeling... I am a lover of both football codes, follow both of them equally and intently, I won't knock one over the other but one thing that absolutely shits me about League is Joey Johns. He has been called back by Sticky because NSW needs him as a footballer and as a person!! What they buggery do they need that sort of person kicking along with the team for?? This arse-hat was disgraced out of camp last year for his comments about GI, he has admitted taking drugs the whole way through his football career, yet he is their hero and saviour, what has the world come to?? And it is great to see the calls to target Locky again, if he is still too old and too slow, God help the Blues when you tears you up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users